Jesters Annual offseason Plan 2021 Season edition

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Jesters Annual offseason Plan 2021 Season edition

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

A couple tweaks here and there and Anderson could be a really good reliever for the Twins and he's still just 26-years old. I can remember him being a dominant closer his junior year at Florida, though obviously he's years removed from that state of his career. Turn him into a two pitch guy and see if he can top out at 98 instead of 96. The spin rate on his fastball is above average as well. There might be something there.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:A couple tweaks here and there and Anderson could be a really good reliever for the Twins and he's still just 26-years old. I can remember him being a dominant closer his junior year at Florida, though obviously he's years removed from that state of his career. Turn him into a two pitch guy and see if he can top out at 98 instead of 96. The spin rate on his fastball is above average as well. There might be something there.

Oh that's right you would be familiar with him when he was in college. His fastball spin rate is in the 90th percentile so yeah there might be something there.

What free agent available increases the Twins' ceiling the most? It's James Paxton, right? When he's on he's a strong No. 2 in a contending rotation. That's the move I think I'm hoping for most.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Camden0916 wrote:What free agent available increases the Twins' ceiling the most? It's James Paxton, right? When he's on he's a strong No. 2 in a contending rotation. That's the move I think I'm hoping for most.

That's the dream. If he's healthy he's bonafide 1/2. The problem is he's never healthy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:What free agent available increases the Twins' ceiling the most? It's James Paxton, right? When he's on he's a strong No. 2 in a contending rotation. That's the move I think I'm hoping for most.

That's the dream. If he's healthy he's bonafide 1/2. The problem is he's never healthy.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever pitched an entire season? It doesn't look like it when I looked up the stats.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Can anyone tell me if he has ever pitched an entire season? It doesn't look like it when I looked up the stats.

No but I think he missed only month in 2019.

Side note ozuna signed a 4 year 16 mil today with the braves. Man I kind of wish we would gotten him over Cruz. I was thinking he was getting 18 mil.

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

Side note ozuna signed a 4 year 16 mil today with the braves. Man I kind of wish we would gotten him over Cruz. I was thinking he was getting 18 mil.

This exact thought crossed my mind when I saw the notification on my phone that Ozuna had signed with Atlanta. I think that deal is well worth it and considering his age and production I think I would have been super excited with that addition. Re-signing Cruz is only a win if he continues to defy Father Time. I think the Twins made the riskier play for 2021.

My hope is that things work out with Cruz on his one-year deal and then Minnesota moves on. Next year's free agent class has some real game-changers. Cruz, Simmons, Pineda, and Happ make up $41.5-million that could easily be thrown at one or two of those marquee names. Trevor Story, anyone? Noah Syndergaard or Lance McCullers? Oh, yeah.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Camden0916 wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:

This exact thought crossed my mind when I saw the notification on my phone that Ozuna had signed with Atlanta. I think that deal is well worth it and considering his age and production I think I would have been super excited with that addition. Re-signing Cruz is only a win if he continues to defy Father Time. I think the Twins made the riskier play for 2021.

My hope is that things work out with Cruz on his one-year deal and then Minnesota moves on. Next year's free agent class has some real game-changers. Cruz, Simmons, Pineda, and Happ make up $41.5-million that could easily be thrown at one or two of those marquee names. Trevor Story, anyone? Noah Syndergaard or Lance McCullers? Oh, yeah.

I believe I heard before arbitration the twins only have 45 mil on the books and half of that is Donaldson. They're in very rare position where they have establish team but there up incoming guys are all almost ready to come up.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Sano and Eddie going at it on Instagram.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/eddie-rosario-miguel-sano-exchange-words-on-instagram?fbclid=IwAR3YZYEampF80YvkEqA_q7WwHu2Q-cNOqO7CPT7i5bUtQxO6MKum_llqFmo

Screw Eddie maybe if you walked at all you would get paid. I would bet money that Eddie will be out of the majors by age 33/34. The only reason you got rbis cause you hit 4th in one best line ups in baseball for some reason. I'm few whiskey in so I'm fired up bitching to my pops about this but to me Eddie is most overated twin of all time.
FNG

Post by FNG »

This off-season just keeps getting better and better. The acquisition of Ian Hamilton yesterday is the second reliever picked up this week with a 90 MPH slider...just thinking of being in the box against a 90 MPH slider makes my knees buckle. We don't know if we are going to get anything out of Anderson or Hamilton, but they are both definitely worth a look.