Wolves-Sixers GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Re: Wolves-Sixers GDT

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q-was-here wrote:I thought it was funny where one sequence DLO got beaten by a backdoor cut. I mean he just completely spaced out on his guy being the lazy defender he is most of the time. And then the next play down, Ant hit DLO on the same backdoor cut for an easy layup. So at least he avenged his lapse with the same play!

The high wall defense really hid a lot of DLO and KAT's deficiencies as defenders last season. The drop coverage scheme forces you to hunker down, fight over screens, and pay attention more since you aren't in scramble mode.

The bottom line is that this team can't be taken seriously come playoff time if DLO and KAT can't defend in a drop scheme. It's just way too much to expect Gobert and McDaniels to do all the dirty work, with Ant only able to provide defense in spurts.

BTW, for those of you hoping some of the boys from Iowa could some day come riding in on a white horse, just be aware they play almost exclusively a high wall scheme. So any one of those guys that plays with Gobert would have to make a similar adjustment.

Your comment about the drop scheme is interesting and spot on. And that raises the question. Why in the world did the Wolves trade for Rudy Gobert, knowing that KAT and DLO would be two of the team's starters on the floor with Rudy? That's actually a rhetorical question. What you described is just a reminder to me of one reason why this trade wasn't a wise one.