Asset Inventory

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Asset Inventory

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

This forum has grown obsessively delusional with regard to the point guard position, especially the affection for Jordan McLaughlin and his production. Poverty franchise with fans to match.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:This forum has grown obsessively delusional with regard to the point guard position, especially the affection for Jordan McLaughlin and his production. Poverty franchise with fans to match.

I wouldn't put the lot of us in with that poster. Likewise, I wouldn't put everybody into the same bucket of feeling compelled to defend the current starting PG for EVERY single perceived slight.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Camden wrote:This forum has grown obsessively delusional with regard to the point guard position, especially the affection for Jordan McLaughlin and his production. Poverty franchise with fans to match.

Jordan McLaughlin is in no way a starting PG in the league. There isn't one on this roster.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

The Stats and Eye Test back it up. JMac has been the better player this year at a fraction the cost. We certainly do miss Bev and what he brought last year. We simply are too soft and weak on the perimeter. Play too soft. Did you listen to the Finch interview from last game? He said the team plays half ass (essentially). Getting beat to 50/50 balls and out rebounded consistently. That is just about playing hard. DLO doesn't play hard. I watch him on defense and he is slow and lazy.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

WolvesFan21 wrote:

The Stats and Eye Test back it up. JMac has been the better player this year at a fraction the cost. We certainly do miss Bev and what he brought last year. We simply are too soft and weak on the perimeter. Play too soft. Did you listen to the Finch interview from last game? He said the team plays half ass (essentially). Getting beat to 50/50 balls and out rebounded consistently. That is just about playing hard. DLO doesn't play hard. I watch him on defense and he is slow and lazy.

0 rebounds in 34 minutes is pretty hard to do as a PG seeing as you're typically moving back towards the ball, not leaking out. That lazy pass against NOs in crunch time still bugs me too.

Jmac has a higher IQ, actually runs an offense, but he is not starting caliber. Great backup.

The Wolves have a lot of key injuries, 3 guys in Dlo, Reid, and Nowell getting big minutes who have not been committed to and are looking for their next contract, an overhauled team with a new player who requires a completely different style of play on both ends of the court, and a coach who seems to be drowning under the forced/rushed higher expectations.

I find it highly unlikely they fire Finch. He just signed an extension, and I do not see this group wanting to pay two coaches for the next 3 years. They won't trade Gobert because that'd be retarded right now. They won't trade KAT because he just signed an extension, is still the face of the franchise here, and they would be coming from a position of negative leverage. I also do not see them coming to an agreement with Dlo or Naz, as both will want long term deals, and with Ant and Jaden coming soon, they are not going that deep into the tax.

It is an all around mess.

I expect 2/3 of Dlo, Naz, Nowell to be moved, with Naz having the most value. Which is a shame because at only 23 years old Naz is a great backup big that I would love to see continue to grow here.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

TheFuture wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

0 rebounds in 34 minutes is pretty hard to do as a PG seeing as you're typically moving back towards the ball, not leaking out. That lazy pass against NOs in crunch time still bugs me too.

Jmac has a higher IQ, actually runs an offense, but he is not starting caliber. Great backup.

The Wolves have a lot of key injuries, 3 guys in Dlo, Reid, and Nowell getting big minutes who have not been committed to and are looking for their next contract, an overhauled team with a new player who requires a completely different style of play on both ends of the court, and a coach who seems to be drowning under the forced/rushed higher expectations.

I find it highly unlikely they fire Finch. He just signed an extension, and I do not see this group wanting to pay two coaches for the next 3 years. They won't trade Gobert because that'd be retarded right now. They won't trade KAT because he just signed an extension, is still the face of the franchise here, and they would be coming from a position of negative leverage. I also do not see them coming to an agreement with Dlo or Naz, as both will want long term deals, and with Ant and Jaden coming soon, they are not going that deep into the tax.

It is an all around mess.

I expect 2/3 of Dlo, Naz, Nowell to be moved, with Naz having the most value. Which is a shame because at only 23 years old Naz is a great backup big that I would love to see continue to grow here.

Naz is still weak on defense and rebounding for a Center. His offense is fine, if he could play defense I would agree with you. The Wolves are around 28th on defense when Gobert is off the floor. Part of that blame is for sure on Naz. He could end up being a pretty good backup in a year or two like you said he is still young.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

I think looking to McLaughlin to replace
Dlo is foolish. But I also dont think that is the majority opinion of the board. I dont think its controversial or inaccurate to say Dlo has to be really on offensively for us to get a win. Too many injuries and too many bad defenders (Dlo being one of the worst of the starters) to not get Dlo's offensive A game.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

thedoper wrote:I think looking to McLaughlin to replace
Dlo is foolish. But I also dont think that is the majority opinion of the board. I dont think its controversial or inaccurate to say Dlo has to be really on offensively for us to get a win. Too many injuries and too many bad defenders (Dlo being one of the worst of the starters) to not get Dlo's offensive A game.

Who is saying JMac is a starter? I only said he has been better than DLO.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

WolvesFan21 wrote:

?
Uhh...what? By what measurement (PER-A/TO, Shooting?, availability?)
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

leado01 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

?
Uhh...what? By what measurement (PER-A/TO, Shooting?, availability?)

Team is better when he is on the floor. He plays hard, talent can only take someone so far.