Turning a corner - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TAFKASP

Re: Turning a corner - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Post by TAFKASP »

My care percentage is so low I don't even have a Porkchop percentage. This team sucks, and it shouldn't.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Oh, and so much for turning the corner. We slid right thru the guardrail and down the hillside.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Wiggins was good tonight. The constant knack on him here is getting old. We all know he has holes in his game that he really need to improved on but he is the best player on this team right now.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

worldK wrote:Wiggins was good tonight. The constant knack on him here is getting old. We all know he has holes in his game that he really need to improved on but he is the best player on this team right now.

Best by quite a bit too. Ricky should be, but alas, Pork was right all along.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

60WinTim wrote:Oh, and so much for turning the corner. We slid right thru the guardrail and down the hillside.

They turned a corner, unfortunately it appears they turned four, all in the same direction.
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:I am really surprised how quickly Pek is in mid-season form. It usually takes him several weeks to get there...

I've only seen parts of 2 games with him back but yeah he is doing well quickly. It's nice to see.
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:How is Wiggins supposed to get assists on this team?

He could make better passes that hits his teammate in a shooting rhythm. His passes are generally pretty bad. Along with his handle...

AP guy said in his latest podcast why not try Wiggins in pick and roll with Towns? Sure Wigi s handle is t that amazing but it makes more sense than getting him stuck getting double teamed. Speaking of double teams he also said (which is what I assume cool was refering to) teams are gonna load up on Wiggins because would you rather let Wiggins beat you or Prince KG or Rubio take long jumpers? No brainer there. Hell let almost anyone take long jumpers on this team and its fine.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I only saw part of the first half watching it at Red Robin tonight. Bazz was in and he helped them make some runs. He gives you energy and some X factor out there. Miss a shot? Bazz gets an offensive rebound and puts it back and rims in the 3 point play. Sure maybe he gives up some points on the other end. At some point who cares Durant is gonna score on anybody worry about what your own players can bring you. The good players are gonna get theirs. Let's see more Bazz and see what he can do or for that matter what he can't. And yeah people have wanted to see him and Wiggins together for over a year. That could be fun.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

If that's turning a corner, I think we just headed down a dead-end alleyway.

Ugh, I've watched every minute of every game this year and I'm starting to reach that moment in each season for the last decade when I just can't bring myself to do it as frequently. Being a Wolves fan is all about taking punishment, but there's only so much a person can take.
Mstermisty [enjin:6864008]

Post by Mstermisty [enjin:6864008] »

Post game quote from Sam tonight:

"I left some of them out even when the game was out of reach because I wanted them to understand how it feels when you get your butt kicked," Mitchell said. "That's part of the growing pains of learning in the NBA. You can't save them every night. Sometimes you leave them out there and let them play through it."

Um, Sam, I'm pretty sure they know how it feels to get their butt kicked by now. They have lost 21 out of 25 games. I mean how do statements like this motivate young players? "Hey young fella, you suck, but I wanted to make sure you felt how bad you sucked tonight. Because I'm Sam Mitchell so trust me, I know better, why else do you think I only wear one earring?" Lol, it's just Rambis part II, the smartest guy in the room always thinking he knows better but never actually smart enough to reflect on his own coaching. I'm over it.