Yay Kevin Martin - Griz GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Yay Kevin Martin - Griz GDT

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

worldK wrote:Sam cost us this game. Should have got the starters back in when they cut the lead to single possesion. His brilliant strategy is to put rudez in for payne when we are down by 1! while the starters continue to sit. Fuck sam!

To be fair... one of the starting bigs (Dieng) played 44 minutes.

You can't have it both ways. Payne and Rudez just suck. But without Pek, Garnett and Bjelica they have to play at some point during these games...
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Duke13 wrote:I'm a new poster, long time reader. I hate coming on here bashing Rubio but it's so frustrating to watch game after game. Your primary ball handler can't be that bad on offense, not able to beat his guy off the dribble or just unable to score in any way. Chris Dunn may not be the best player in this draft but I'd take him as a fit on this team over anyone. For those who haven't watched him, I encourage you to do so. He's a beast, truly makes guys better and provides a threat at the same time. Results mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things in my opinion. As long as Zack, Wig and KAT get minutes and build confidence let roll. Wig showed of some passing and creating tonight. Zack needs to get better in the PnR and force the action with his dribble to make the defend react or commit, he lacks the confidence or patience to probe with his dribble. That will come, we can only hope the coaching staff is working on this. Zack's shot is a thing of beauty tho.

Hmmm... "longtime listener, first-time caller"...

Sounds convenient. But more importantly... why would you read this board so religiously for so long, but never post? What pushed you over the edge?

Rubio? The 20-page thread on Rubio this week?
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

IT is my fault. I was watching thinking I hope we don't win this meaningless game.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

alexftbl8181 wrote:I hope people who watched the game feel silly thinking that it wouldn't be much of a difference between Conley and Rubio. Switch those guys this game and Wolves win a rout

You didn't like Rubios 5 pts?
worldK

Post by worldK »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
worldK wrote:Sam cost us this game. Should have got the starters back in when they cut the lead to single possesion. His brilliant strategy is to put rudez in for payne when we are down by 1! while the starters continue to sit. Fuck sam!

To be fair... one of the starting bigs (Dieng) played 44 minutes.

You can't have it both ways. Payne and Rudez just suck. But without Pek, Garnett and Bjelica they have to play at some point during these games...

The point is when they should have played. Look, I understand payne and rudez needs to play as our only other bigs. But to sub rudez in for payne at that juncture as our counter move when we lost the lead and momentum? The rest of the starters were well rested at that point, a minute of additional rest was not necessary. No nba coach would make that move at that time.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Conley 25 pts 7 asts 4rbs, our plus defender was guarding him. We got outscored 33-23 in the 4th. Conley is at least a tier ahead of Rubio. What a great player.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

#1. We lost an away game to a very savvy playoff team. In the 4th quarter they went with Randolph, Barnes, Connely, Carter and Chalmers. We couldn't score because that is a veteran crew that can defend. (and some folks here are constantly are calling to go all youth in order to improve...it doesn't work that way....

#2. This was not a good game for KAT. He had several rookie mental lapses tonight...forgiven

#3. We have to develop and lose to stay in the lottery. Expect a steady diet of Tyus Jones.

#4. This is a damn good core. Leave it and teach it to play together.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Duke13 wrote:The bench is a train wreck right now. When you have to play House of Payne, Martin, and Bazz together. Good luck!! I don't mean to defend Sam but it seemed he put Rudez in there for House of Payne a couple time to be a "stabilizer", somebody who could actually dribble once without turning it over. That bench unit will get touched 99 out of 100 times. Overall the rotation are much better imo, in the first half he stagger the lineups well I thought.

I don't mean to pick on you with this post, just want to comment on the quality of our bench. The bench is a train wreck because Sam has no clue what the fuck he is doing with his rotations. If he staggered his starters better then we wouldn't have nearly as many problems with the bench giving up leads, looking God awful, etc. Adelman had the same problem. The hockey rotations have to stop. The way you work around a bad bench unit is to stager them with starters, not play all the shittier players together and hope they somehow don't just get torched out there. Wiggins, Towns and Lavine are our top scorers. 1 of them needs to be on the floor at all times and 2/3 should share the floor for most of the game with all 3 starting and closing the game. The biggest thing we need from our next coach is someone who knows how to manage a damn rotation and never do a hockey shift again. Bench players are supposed to fit in around your starters, not fit with 4 other bench players on their own unit. I have to believe guys like Zach and Wiggins have the stamina to play 10-12 minutes in the 4th quarter to try to help stop the game from getting out of hand before the rest of the starters come back in around 8 minutes to go. So really there should be no hockey shift on the floor for more the 4 minutes total in a game ever.
Duke13

Post by Duke13 »

I was mostly referring to a time in the first half when Tyus was in the game with one other bench player and 3 starters I believe. I was particularly pleased with this because I'm happy Tyus is finally getting some minutes and it wasn't with the likes of Martin, Payne, etc., which anyone would have a difficult playing with. The bench is a lot of mismatch parts that don't play fundamentally well. I'm more talking about tonights bench unit. Mitchell's rotations are terrible, I've hated them all year. I'm huge on the young core so I'm absolutely elated they are finally appear committed to playing the youth all together. I broke two TV's this year watching these old Vets lose games while our youth is watching on the bench.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

Towns and Rubio combined 4-20 from the field. Hard to overcome, but it's one singular game.