kekgeek1 wrote:The last 10 NBA champion pg

Curry
Parker (3)
Chalmers (2)
JJ Barea
Derrick Fisher (2)
Jason Williams
Rondo

Now I am also have my doubts on ricky but the pg positive dosen't have to be great to win it all. All ricky needs to do is sit 3's at a respectable rate. Screw everything else, just practice threes so if you are left open you can make them pay. IMO ricky has 2 years to improve his 3pt shot if not he needs to be replaced

How many of those guys were playing with superstars? And how many players got 7 years to figure their shot out?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: Let Me Be The First

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

PorkChop wrote:

Curry
Parker (3)
Chalmers (2)
JJ Barea
Derrick Fisher (2)
Jason Williams
Rondo

Now I am also have my doubts on ricky but the pg positive dosen't have to be great to win it all. All ricky needs to do is sit 3's at a respectable rate. Screw everything else, just practice threes so if you are left open you can make them pay. IMO ricky has 2 years to improve his 3pt shot if not he needs to be replaced

How many of those guys were playing with superstars? And how many players got 7 years to figure their shot out?

How many of those guys were playing with superstars? You realize that nobody expects Rubio to be *the* superstar, right? Towns and Wiggins are supposed to be the heavy lifters. Rubio can be an elite role player on a title winner.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Camden0916 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

Curry
Parker (3)
Chalmers (2)
JJ Barea
Derrick Fisher (2)
Jason Williams
Rondo

How many of those guys were playing with superstars? You realize that nobody expects Rubio to be *the* superstar, right? Towns and Wiggins are supposed to be the heavy lifters. Rubio can be an elite role player on a title winner.

I feel like elite role player is an oxymoron. When Ricky was injured and this team was losing all those games everyone on here said if Rubio had been healthy things would've been different. Well he's healthy playing with the most talented team he's had around him and they're still losing at a healthy clip. So is he the difference between wins and losses or bad losses and close losses? Your not elite anything if you make 2 baskets in 60 minutes of play the last two games
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Camden wrote:Towns and Wiggins are supposed to be the heavy lifters.

Wiggins doesn't even run hard enough to be a heavy breather.

The immense talent that body holds is so frustrating to watch way to often, along with his virtual complete lack of emotion good or bad. I think that's one thing that makes Rubio so endearing is there is no question that the competitive fire burns hot in him. I'm not saying that makes his shooting any better, but it makes him more likable, and conversely I can see a day not to far into the future when fans are going to start turning on Wiggins if he cannot find a fire of his own!
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

PorkChop wrote:

Curry
Parker (3)
Chalmers (2)
JJ Barea
Derrick Fisher (2)
Jason Williams
Rondo

If the wolves got to the championship wiggins/towns are superstars and Lavine is a damn good player

Improvement from rookie to championship year

tony parker 9%
Chalmers 3%
Fisher 10% from behind the arc
Rondo won it his rookie year and shot 25%
Barea improved by 8% from 3.

Ricky can't be as bad as he is shooting now but I hope that he can improve his catch and shoot 3 to be respectable
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

TheSP wrote:
Camden wrote:Towns and Wiggins are supposed to be the heavy lifters.

Wiggins doesn't even run hard enough to be a heavy breather.

The immense talent that body holds is so frustrating to watch way to often, along with his virtual complete lack of emotion good or bad. I think that's one thing that makes Rubio so endearing is there is no question that the competitive fire burns hot in him. I'm not saying that makes his shooting any better, but it makes him more likable, and conversely I can see a day not to far into the future when fans are going to start turning on Wiggins if he cannot find a fire of his own!

Wiggins will be fine, he shows up in "big" games like the cavs games. He was shit tonight but I think his passing is getting better, 4 times tonight he made nice passes to prince or shabazz and they missed the shot. Rebounding 0 is not acceptable but here is my little theory

The wolves have an above average rebounders, at every position (rubio, lavine, shabazz, towns, Dieng and pek) so less rebounds to be had. Now 0 rebounds are unacceptable but in general that could be a factor in along with poor hands and guarding the shooter (best player) in the low rebounding numbers
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

PorkChop wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:I would love to see the Wolves go the development route on this one. I would hate to see them move on from such a talent without maximizing opportunity. I've been told by my television that Ricky's shooting numbers drop substantially from the 1st quarter to the end of the game. I think that is quite telling. I would love to see Ricky develop his endurance and body, specifically his lower body this next offseason. He has been rehabbing and resting his lower body for the better part of his NBA career. I can understand moving on from Ricky at some point but if we are worried about how he will perform when the team is ready to contend, there isn't a pressing need to move on yet. I'd like to see it through with him and see the Wolves be a professional organization for once instead of letting another organization reap the benefits like usual.

So you think it's Ricky body letting him down late in games, not defenses playing him differently ?

I don't see how the defense giving him open jumpers makes it harder for him unless he is incredibly mentally weak.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Curry
Parker (3)
Chalmers (2)
JJ Barea
Derrick Fisher (2)
Jason Williams
Rondo

Do you really believe the ball was in Chalmers, Fisher's, and Barea's hands at crunch time? C'mon man.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Curry
Parker (3)
Chalmers (2)
JJ Barea
Derrick Fisher (2)
Jason Williams
Rondo

Ricky's been a pro basketball player for almost 10 years now and his shooting has never trended upward. It's just been consistently bad for a decade now. That improvement just isn't coming. It's time to stop hoping Ricky gets better at this point in his career. He is what he is and we have to decide if that's good enough. I don't think it is considering the road to any kind of significant success goes through guys like Steph and Westbrook and CP3. Look at the top 8 teams in the West this year. Steph, Parker, Westbrook, CP3, Conley, D Will, Beverly and Lillard. Ricky's better than Beverly and maybe D Will and he gets smoked by every other matchup. I'd rather try someone else than go into those games knowing we're getting significantly beat at the PG position. When those guys have the luxury of guarding Ricky on one end it just makes it that much easier to save energy to light him up on the other end.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Phenom's_Revenge wrote:
PorkChop wrote:
Phenom's_Revenge wrote:I would love to see the Wolves go the development route on this one. I would hate to see them move on from such a talent without maximizing opportunity. I've been told by my television that Ricky's shooting numbers drop substantially from the 1st quarter to the end of the game. I think that is quite telling. I would love to see Ricky develop his endurance and body, specifically his lower body this next offseason. He has been rehabbing and resting his lower body for the better part of his NBA career. I can understand moving on from Ricky at some point but if we are worried about how he will perform when the team is ready to contend, there isn't a pressing need to move on yet. I'd like to see it through with him and see the Wolves be a professional organization for once instead of letting another organization reap the benefits like usual.

So you think it's Ricky body letting him down late in games, not defenses playing him differently ?

I don't see how the defense giving him open jumpers makes it harder for him unless he is incredibly mentally weak.

Well he passes up open shots, so yeah his confidence is shot. Mentally week? It's possible.