Trade is done!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Trade is done!

Post by Monster »

I'm not convinced that the vets on this team were guys brought in because of Adelman. I think both Brewer and Martin are actually guys Flip wanted and they are still here. If Brewer wasn't I bet he would be in Cleveland right now but maybe not.

Bud if healthy should play because he is a legit rotation player and can actually hit a 3 pointer. I'm actually a little optimistic about him being healthy since it was an ankle that kept him out at the end of last season. He played sorta decent his stats were better than I thought they would be (I remembered them being worse so I was pleasantly sort of surprised) after coming off 2 knee injuries. If he shows he is healthy and hits 3 pointers he could be dealt around the trade deadline he is the type of player (shooter) teams are always looking for.

The bottom line is a lot of time these depth problems having their way of working themselves out. There will be an injury a player plays himself out of minutes someone plays so well they get minutes etc. I'll be interested to see if Flip does something with JJ but he might just keep him. PF is the other spot that could use a guy but Flip has played smaller guys as bigs before and I don't see why we couldn't throw Bazz in there. Flip played the 6'7" best Reggie Slater at C so Bazz at PF seems somewhat reasonable. Hummel is there too. The roster might be set although I wouldn't be surprised to see another move either.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Q12543 wrote:Lip, It would be really hard for Flip the Coach to play Shabazz and LaVine over a healthy Bud and Brewer. It just won't happen.

As a result, I agree that Flip might explore deals to move one more wing. Brewer seems like the most likely candidate to yield something of value in return. I'd prefer to keep Martin and Budinger. While neither are the types of two-way players Flip covets, someone needs to be able to hit an outside shot on this squad!

I agree Q. That's why I think we will probably see one more deal before the season starts. If not, I still don't see Flip having LaVine third on the depth chart at SG unless LaVine really underwhelms Flip in practice and preseason. I think Flip's offseason moves so far and his comments at yesterday's press conference make it clear that he will give the young guys every opportunity to succeed this season and doesn't envision them doing mist of their learning from the bench.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Monster - I can say with certainty that Martin was brought in specifically for Adelman's system. He's not the two-way type player Flip likes. We needed perimeter shooters last season and Redick signed with the Clippers. Mayo is a head case. So it was Martin by default. We need his shooting this season too, which is why I see him starting under Flip.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Don't read too much into Flip's comments about KG. Flip was telling the truth about KG not wanting to leave. Flip has great respect for KG's talent as a player and his loyalty to the Wolves throughout the 12 years he was here. But mark my words: KG will never be a head coach in the NBA. KG may eventually own an NBA team, but he won't coach one. First of all, I'm told he has no desire to be a head coach. Second, he may have a high basketball IQ, but he's not a particularly good communicator and I'm told that players (even those who play with him) generally don't like him. Don't get me wrong. Players like PLAYING with him because of his talent, energy and unselfish style of play. But they generally don't care for him personally. At least that's what I've heard from A LOT of people who would be in a position to know.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:Monster - I can say with certainty that Martin was brought in specifically for Adelman's system. He's not the two-way type player Flip likes. We needed perimeter shooters last season and Redick signed with the Clippers. Mayo is a head case. So it was Martin by default. We need his shooting this season too, which is why I see him starting under Flip.

I'd like to know if you have any more information to share. I ask because are you are telling me if we had signed Mayo (thanks goodness we didn't) it would been for Adelman's system? Flip targeted shooting last offseason as the biggest need for improvement which was obvious to just about anyone. Sure Martin played and fit into Adelman's system whiich is probably a factor in why HE chose to be here along with a gaping hole at SG but I've never got the feeling Adelman really pushed for Martin. Obviously he is probably here because of contract length shooting and scoring but I think Flip was acting more on his own on these moves than people think because of the obvious ties to Adelman. I realize there is plenty of reasons to disagree with my stance (especially with Martin) but just sharing a perspective and thought based on the way some things have gone down from my somewhat limited knowledge. :)
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

longstrangetrip wrote:Kevin Love will wear #0 in Cleveland. There is no truth to the rumor that a new NBA rule change requires traded players to wear a number equal to the number of playoffs they led their previous team to, so stop that right now :D .

"No Love"
Zero Love
Zero playoff appearance
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

# of leadership qualities he has.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

# of people he puts before himself.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

0 - # of power forwards better than Love.

0 - # of players besides Love to ever record 2,000 points, 900 rebounds and 100 3-pointers in a single season.

Why can't this breakup between player and fan base be a gentle one? We came out pretty well with what we're receiving. Love's going to a title contender. No need to be that fan base that throws dirt on a player because he's leaving.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Its being reported that we got a 6.3m exception. Can somebody clarify this and how this happened? Youngs contract is about 1.5m more than luc and shved and i think love is less than 5mil more than wiggins and bennet combined. Where did we get that 6.3m exception from?