From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Re: From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:The last two minute report came out.

The officiating crew made FIVE incorrect calls in the final minute of the game. There have been 7 other games with 2-minutes reports this week... those games combined to have five incorrect calls.

It was bad, though I think a couple of those five went against the Celtics, so it's not like we had all 5 bad calls go against us. There were plenty of other tough calls for us to take in that game though for sure.

Still, the question after a game like that is how does the team respond? We gotta focus our frustration into constructive motivation to come out and beat our next opponents so bad that no amount of bad calls could even make the game close. Let's do this!
AbeVigodaLive

Re: From the mean streets of Boston to the nice snowy streets of Minnesota (Celtics vs. Wolves GT)

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

SameOldNudityDrew wrote:

The officiating crew made FIVE incorrect calls in the final minute of the game. There have been 7 other games with 2-minutes reports this week... those games combined to have five incorrect calls.

It was bad, though I think a couple of those five went against the Celtics, so it's not like we had all 5 bad calls go against us. There were plenty of other tough calls for us to take in that game though for sure.

Still, the question after a game like that is how does the team respond? We gotta focus our frustration into constructive motivation to come out and beat our next opponents so bad that no amount of bad calls could even make the game close. Let's do this!

Yeah. I was just pointing out how inept the officiating crew was...

By the way, the report didn't address Tatum running down court with the ball after getting called (correctly) for an obvious offensive foul. Remember, NAW received a technical for doing the same only without the ball in the one-point loss to Brooklyn. That's entirely a subjective call by a different crew... but I'm sure it led to frustration from the Wolves. (Finch even addressed it after the game.)
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
SameOldNudityDrew wrote:

By the way, the report didn't address Tatum running down court with the ball after getting called (correctly) for an obvious offensive foul. Remember, NAW received a technical for doing the same only without the ball in the one-point loss to Brooklyn. That's entirely a subjective call by a different crew... but I'm sure it led to frustration from the Wolves. (Finch even addressed it after the game.)

Tatum absolutely should have received a technical for running down the court like that. I have no doubt that if any Wolves player had done that the same officiating crew would have assessed a technical. For me, the biggest indictment of the officials that game was the no-call on the jump ball. Not calling that indicates one of two things - either gross incompetence or malfeasance (i.e., simply deciding not to make the obvious call because .....).
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
SameOldNudityDrew wrote:

Tatum absolutely should have received a technical for running down the court like that. I have no doubt that if any Wolves player had done that the same officiating crew would have assessed a technical. For me, the biggest indictment of the officials that game was the no-call on the jump ball. Not calling that indicates one of two things - either gross incompetence or malfeasance (i.e., simply deciding not to make the obvious call because .....).

Inconsistency for whatever reason is incredibly frustrating.

FWIW It's weird to me that someone running away from the official is worse than guys yelling and raising their arms etc and nothing gets called a majority of the time.

Having said that one issue with NAW is that he does seem to get a bit upset when calls go against him. I'd like to see him calm down in that regard.