What the Pek

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: What the Pek

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I know that too, but he did only play in x many games therefore Flip should only offer him what he believes to be fair. Anything higher than 12.5 is too much.
m4gor [enjin:6667447]

Post by m4gor [enjin:6667447] »

i didnt know this guys, i am fan from Europe so its hard to get inside info for me, but if this is true then i can see PEK being really frustrated and pissed of if wolves racked up his DNPs just to keep his price low while promising him max offer, i could see him playing for QO and be gone for nothing, one thing i know about montenegrian people is that they are extremely tough nation from mountains, they are very proud and straight forward i wouldnt like to mess with them too much

Yeah that was really good inside info if it's true. I still think something gets worked out.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I don't see how the staff keeps a guy out with a thigh contusion. You can only ask the guy how he is feeling. Considering adelmans drive to win meaningless games at the end, I am not buying it.

Pek wants Noah money, but isn't worth what Noah is!
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

whatdtcom wrote:Change at the GM spot makes a big difference. And here's why.

From what I've gathered sitting next to some of the Wolves insiders----is that Pek isn't all that injury prone. Despite missing many games last year, they (my sources) said that Pek was able to play but the staff were playing it cautious in keeping him out. Perhaps with Khan here, that a wink-wink deal was already in place and he ok the DNP. But the boss is gone and now there's a new one trying to mark his territory. That's why there's no budge. Pek's group probably said---hey, we could have played more of those games---and Flip's reply would be....but you only played "x" amount of game therefore "injury prone". We can't pay you premium money (max) because of this.

Think for a second, if you're on your contract year and you knew that this was the ONLY major deal that you get---wouldn't you tough it out and play every game?! Pek's not going to get another 50M deal after this one (he would be in his early 30s). The very guy that perhaps authorized those DNPs and said that "he wanted him in his shoe box" is now gone and can't give him that money.

I really don't know if this is the case, but I do for certain know that Pek could have played in more games last year but the staff kept him out.

This is messed up, and all I hope is that they're this vigilant when it comes to holding out $$ due to injuries when it comes to Kevin Love.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

I have a feeling the Agent for Pek, Who is also Loves has a bit more to do with this extended hold out then reported. Its just that....its a hold out, like the NFL. Frankly...no rush, but the longer this sits, with him not garnishing other deals from other teams...its just looks bad on Pek, when more then likely its his agent who is behind it.

Sign or don't, but none the less....the Wolves have options and could go after a guy like Gortat with a mix of D Will and or Barea, and let Pek become a unrestricted next year.

It just sounds fishy also that AK mentioned the Kahn connection....I wonder what Pek was told before Kahn got axed?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

There is no way the Wolves are citing Pek's missed games in their negotiations. Flip should be smart enough to know that there is no need to throw that in Pek's face and that it would likely alienate Pek. The Wolves have simply made a very lucrative offer to Pek on par with what Ibaka got from the Thunder. The Wolves negotiating team doesn't need to explain the offer. The offer speaks for itself. No other team has made any offer to Pek. The Wolves are trying to build a winner and have obvious luxury tax issues on the horizon, which requires some restraint. Pek and his negotiators are certainly aware of all this. So now up to Pek. If he wants more money, he'll have to accept the qualifying offer.

If Pek doesn't ultimately accept a 4-year $50 million deal to stay then there is something Pek doesn't like about this team that hasn't been disclosed. Perhaps he doesn't like playing with Kevin Love. We'll see.

Agreed with your first paragraph Lip. As for the second, I really can't think of a reason why Pek wouldn't want to play here. Especially since he's been vocal about wanting to stay. Kevin Love and him seem to have a good relationship. Love can also space the floor out for Pek in the post so it's not too congested. Ricky.... Well, everybody loves Ricky. Flip's addition of K-Mart should also be a reason for Pek to stay. Not to mention the fans dig Pek! I can't even think of a reason why Pek wouldn't want to be in Sota unless he's pissed at Flip and even then how could he be? Flip's put a very fair deal on the table (if it is 12M per).

I think this is a "wait and see" type situation. Supposedly Pek's agent is trying to get his client Jo-Noah type money, especially a 5th year. Doubt he gets the 5th year, but he'll sign eventually. No doubt about it in my head.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden - I agree with you completely. My second paragraph was just some strained speculation on whar might be going on. I think your speculation is far more plausible. However, I do think Pek may have some issues with Love. But not enough to make him want to leave.

What kind of issues with Love? Now I'm just curious.