GDT: Minnesota vs LA Clippers

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: GDT: Minnesota vs LA Clippers

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

kekgeek1 wrote:
thedoper wrote:Man we suck

Not having dlo really hurts. Allows teams to zone the Wolves. They want Ant shooting 3s, whoever is on the floor between Okogie or Vando becomes a 0 offensively. McDaniels might be bad offensively and then they can load up on Kat

I've already largely stopped watching games in order to prevent myself from going insane, but in looking at the box score, it appears that the Clippers were absolutely on fire from 3. Your point makes sense, but not sure it would have made much of a difference when your opponent is raining 20+ 3's through the net???

kekgeek1 wrote:The one thing I'm actually worried about is not one time in Kats career has he handled adversity well. Also he does not look like he is enjoying himself out there

I think it's fair to say that if things keep going as they are, he'll be shipped out and the rebuild will be around Ant. May not happen until this offseason or trade deadline, but I can't believe they try to keep this thing together if these guys can't muster more than 32 or 33 wins. Remember, this is the easy part of the schedule!
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Q12543 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

Not having dlo really hurts. Allows teams to zone the Wolves. They want Ant shooting 3s, whoever is on the floor between Okogie or Vando becomes a 0 offensively. McDaniels might be bad offensively and then they can load up on Kat

I've already largely stopped watching games in order to prevent myself from going insane, but in looking at the box score, it appears that the Clippers were absolutely on fire from 3. Your point makes sense, but not sure it would have made much of a difference when your opponent is raining 20+ 3's through the net???

Ya this is one of those games you tip your cap to just unbelievable shooting by the Clippers. Just there were moments in the 1st half where the Wolves could of extended their lead but couldn't because they got zoned for the 2nd straight night.

Its one of those things where it's "here we go again" and we are 7 games into the season

kekgeek1 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:

Ya this is one of those games you tip your cap to just unbelievable shooting by the Clippers. Just there were moments in the 1st half where the Wolves could of extended their lead but couldn't because they got zoned for the 2nd straight night.

Its one of those things where it's "here we go again" and we are 7 games into the season

Yup, and you just knew right when our offense starts to turn it around, that's right when other teams start getting hot on us. We manage to eek out 35% shooting for the night - hey, getting a little better, right? - then BAM! - the Clippers just go nuts from outside and it's not even close. It's just so predictable.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

Trust Reggie Jackson to go off on the Wolves and score 29 points on 7/9 3pt shooting lol.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

KiwiMatt wrote:At least we have our 1st round pick next year!

Top 5?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I guess it's almost time to start following college basketball. Right now, I see a lottery team as I watch the Wolves. That could change because I still believe the talent on this team should be enough to battle for a 7th or 8th seed. The first few games started to confirm my initial thesis with much better defense than anyone expected and an offense that any reasonable person would expect to improve based on the career averages of the players on this roster. But alas, the defense seems to be weakening and the offense remains below expectations and tied almost entirely to two players. And true to form DLO, who was playing poorly on the offensive side of the ball, is out with an injury.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

The supporting cast looks more depressing with each loss. Team appears top heavy to me.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

kekgeek1 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:Jaden McDaniels is far from untouchable. I'll tell you that much.

Remember when he was untouchable in a Simmons trade. McDaniels might not even crack the 76ers rotation

Well, Wolves have one above average starter right now and so that's no surprise. At least McDaniels has defensive tenacity and the length to develop into a good player down the road, but he's still very raw and he's not getting many offensive looks with the sticky offensive the Wolves have. I don't believe the Wolves have any chance to be a contender with the current roster anyway, but McDaniels is someone who can be part of the next rebuild around Ant which will inevitably occur and other than KAT and Ant, he has the best upside potential on the roster.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Thibs and Rosas were collectively a disaster as GMs and so the hope is that Gupta or whoever replaces him can build the right foundation. The West is rather weak this year, so the team still has a decent shot at a play-in spot, almost by default as Houston, OKC, New Orleans and San Antonio may be playing for ping pong balls after the break.