Thibs FIred

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Big O [enjin:13874644]

Re: Thibs FIred

Post by Big O [enjin:13874644] »

Taylor already employs a head coach who has won a few titles. Any chance he makes history and Reeves gets the job?
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Who gives a fuck about the timing of this? Celebrate that it finally happened. I agree world, If Ryan knocks it out of the park let him keep the role. Otherwise a team of Hoiberg/Billups sounds awfully intriguing to me.

How do you expect to attract good coaches and front office personnel when they see a coach get canned after winning slightly more than he lost after he traded away his best player? This just adds to the terrible optics of this organization under Glen. The league and all it's talented personnel see this stuff and just say fuck that organization. The country club is gonna be the only group of people who would still work for this organization at this rate.

Also, Hoiberg is a doormat. He's not gonna work in the NBA where you need to manage personalities and egos and not just let them walk all over you. The inmates run his asylums. He should go back to college.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

khans2k5 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:Who gives a fuck about the timing of this? Celebrate that it finally happened. I agree world, If Ryan knocks it out of the park let him keep the role. Otherwise a team of Hoiberg/Billups sounds awfully intriguing to me.

How do you expect to attract good coaches and front office personnel when they see a coach get canned after winning slightly more than he lost after he traded away his best player? This just adds to the terrible optics of this organization under Glen. The league and all it's talented personnel see this stuff and just say fuck that organization. The country club is gonna be the only group of people who would still work for this organization at this rate.

Also, Hoiberg is a doormat. He's not gonna work in the NBA where you need to manage personalities and egos and not just let them walk all over you. The inmates run his asylums. He should go back to college.

Have you seen the optics involved with Thibs coaching? Have you seen Thibs coach? The optics did nothing but improve today. As far as Hoiberg goes, I'd rather see him as POBO than on the bench.
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

khans2k5 wrote:

Its not like the fired Smitch under the best of terms, so this is basically par for the course.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

khans2k5 wrote:

I think to a certain extant this is true. If we were trying to get out there and hire a long standing GM or Coach the optics are a problem. Taylor is going to hire a first go guy at both positions though. So there will be a lot of suitors looking for their first shot regardless of the dysfunction of our ownership. We just better hope we luck out in the choice and that Taylor looks beyond familiarity as part of his criteria. I'm skeptical. I do generally like the idea of youth and giving Saunders a chance to step up now. No downside in taking some risk for a half of a season.
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Have you seen the optics involved with Thibs coaching? Have you seen Thibs coach? The optics did nothing but improve today. As far as Hoiberg goes, I'd rather see him as POBO than on the bench.

The timing of firing Thibs was weird. Still it sounds like (haven't watched the game) that Thibs was in typically a Thibs form on the floor in this game. Unhappy with officials up 20 points and keeping guys in late on the game etc. I've been giving Thins the benefit of the doubt but I can see if at some point Glen and the business side said enough is enough.

Hoiberg...I'm a fan of that guy. Do I want him as head coach? Idk probably not. I'm a fan or Ty Lue (not as much as Hoiberg) but I was thinking about it the last couple days...no thanks. I might rather see what Fred can do. If Hoiberg wants to coach in the NBA or be in the front office he will wait and not take the UCLA job (not sure that job fits him anyway) so whatever. Hoiberg's peronality might actually work well with this roster. It sounds like Ryan unless things go really bad is gonna get a legit shot. Let's see what happens.

You could argue that even though the timing is weird and the team actually did kinda sorta decent after the trade Glen did actually give Thibs some time. There was some pretty bad losses and honestly that Boston game kinda sucked. Again I gave Thins the benefit of the doubt but sometimes it felt like we coulda shoulda got a little more out of some players than we did. It's not like we sucked either though. Ultimately if Glen and the people around him thought it was time to pull the plug I get Glen doesn't get the benefit of the doubt but i'll Bet plenty of coaches would like to come here and coach this team. I'll bet some GM candidates will be interested also.
Monster

Post by Monster »

BizarroJerry wrote:Billups would be a good head coach I think.

I don't think Billups has much interest in being a head coach. GM? Sure. Windhorst was on a podcast and talked about this a few weeks ago and said he talked to chanucy pretty in depth about it. I'll have to try and remember which one it was. Remember there was a rumor that Flip offered Billups a chance to be the team's coach a few years ago.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

monsterpile wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

The timing of firing Thibs was weird. Still it sounds like (haven't watched the game) that Thibs was in typically a Thibs form on the floor in this game. Unhappy with officials up 20 points and keeping guys in late on the game etc. I've been giving Thins the benefit of the doubt but I can see if at some point Glen and the business side said enough is enough.

Hoiberg...I'm a fan of that guy. Do I want him as head coach? Idk probably not. I'm a fan or Ty Lue (not as much as Hoiberg) but I was thinking about it the last couple days...no thanks. I might rather see what Fred can do. If Hoiberg wants to coach in the NBA or be in the front office he will wait and not take the UCLA job (not sure that job fits him anyway) so whatever. Hoiberg's peronality might actually work well with this roster. It sounds like Ryan unless things go really bad is gonna get a legit shot. Let's see what happens.

You could argue that even though the timing is weird and the team actually did kinda sorta decent after the trade Glen did actually give Thibs some time. There was some pretty bad losses and honestly that Boston game kinda sucked. Again I gave Thins the benefit of the doubt but sometimes it felt like we coulda shoulda got a little more out of some players than we did. It's not like we sucked either though. Ultimately if Glen and the people around him thought it was time to pull the plug I get Glen doesn't get the benefit of the doubt but i'll Bet plenty of coaches would like to come here and coach this team. I'll bet some GM candidates will be interested also.

Absolutely Monster. Plenty of good candidates will surface if and when the job comes open. Really looking forward to seeing how the guys respond to Ryan. Also wondering if we will see less Iso right away.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Ricky Davis will be next coach. Kandi will be POBO.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Ricky Davis will be next coach. Kandi will be POBO.

Nah now we know why Laettner was in town...lol