Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Re: Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:Wiggins took a pounding on this board tonight but he had a very go game and was our best player hands down! The game wont be close without wig tonight.

His shot was going down tonight, which yes, made him the best player on the floor. I'd love it if someday we could say he's the best player on the floor when his shot isn't falling, but I'm not sure that will ever be the case with him. He's not a "do shit" kind of player. He had 2 rebounds and 1 assist tonight, plus some lapses defensively.

If he's not scoring efficiently, he's not really helping much.

I have to disagree here. Wiggins efficiency could improve no question. But to say that he isnt helping when he is not scoring efficiently is not true. We are a better and more competitive team with wiggins playing. He is the only guy worth doubling for the opposing team.

How does he only get 1 assist tonight? Towns got 3 and he's not getting nearly as many touches. I agree that Wiggins commands a lot of attention defensively, which is a good thing, but that doesn't tend to translate to easy buckets for other people. Harden had way more of an impact on the game because even though he didn't have the best shooting night, he was making plays for others left and right.

Who the hell is he suppose to pass it to? Here's the Wolves gameplan in the 4th. Rubio brings it up, gets it to Wiggins where ever. Wiggins then has to make a basket or no one else is going to shoot it
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:Wiggins took a pounding on this board tonight but he had a very go game and was our best player hands down! The game wont be close without wig tonight.

His shot was going down tonight, which yes, made him the best player on the floor. I'd love it if someday we could say he's the best player on the floor when his shot isn't falling, but I'm not sure that will ever be the case with him. He's not a "do shit" kind of player. He had 2 rebounds and 1 assist tonight, plus some lapses defensively.

I have to disagree here. Wiggins efficiency could improve no question. But to say that he isnt helping when he is not scoring efficiently is not true. We are a better and more competitive team with wiggins playing. He is the only guy worth doubling for the opposing team.

How does he only get 1 assist tonight? Towns got 3 and he's not getting nearly as many touches. I agree that Wiggins commands a lot of attention defensively, which is a good thing, but that doesn't tend to translate to easy buckets for other people. Harden had way more of an impact on the game because even though he didn't have the best shooting night, he was making plays for others left and right.

To be fair, Harden had more of an impact on the game becuz he's James Harden and Wiggins is not . Let's set the bar a Lil lower for our second year player. In the games this team has won Wiggins has played a huge role, and without his 9-16 shooting to nite this game wouldn't have gone down to the wire
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

PorkChop wrote:Yeah its really hard for me to get down on Wiggins when he's really the only offensive threat not name KAT .

Not really. Shabazz is a threat. LaVine was a threat until he imploded 8 games ago (we saw what he was doing earlier in the season last night finally). KAT is definitely a threat. Wiggins did have it going tonight.

Wiggins deserves credit because he can definitely carry a high usage rate and draw attention. There is no question that's an admirable trait at a very young age. Unfortunately, he's the least efficient 20 PPG scorer in the NBA right now and doesn't really give you much else in terms of rebounding, creating turnovers, play making, etc.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Q12543 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Yeah its really hard for me to get down on Wiggins when he's really the only offensive threat not name KAT .

Not really. Shabazz is a threat. LaVine was a threat until he imploded 8 games ago (we saw what he was doing earlier in the season last night finally). KAT is definitely a threat. Wiggins did have it going tonight.

Wiggins deserves credit because he can definitely carry a high usage rate and draw attention. There is no question that's an admirable trait at a very young age. Unfortunately, he's the least efficient 20 PPG scorer in the NBA right now and doesn't really give you much else in terms of rebounding, creating turnovers, play making, etc.

Sorry, I was speaking more specifically about to nite games. My bad.

alexftbl8181 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

Who the hell is he suppose to pass it to? Here's the Wolves gameplan in the 4th. Rubio brings it up, gets it to Wiggins where ever. Wiggins then has to make a basket or no one else is going to shoot it

You mean Martin isn't willing to shoot it? KAT isn't willing to shoot it? How did KAT get 3 assists? How did Rubio get 12 assists if every bucket was Wiggins in isolation?

Without researching it, I doubt that the Wolves have won a game in Wiggins career that he hasn't scored at least 20 points

PorkChop wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

Sorry, I was speaking more specifically about to nite games. My bad.

Agree, he was on fire tonight.

My original point to Worldk was that the fundamental issues folks like myself get on Wiggins about were on full display tonight. He was making shots and being aggressive taking it to the hoop. Great. Excellent. Let's hope he keeps it up. But what about the rest of the game?

And you are right that he's no James Harden yet, but remember that Wiggins is a #1 pick. The bar SHOULD be set really high for him.

Q12543 wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
worldK wrote:
Q12543 wrote:

You mean Martin isn't willing to shoot it? KAT isn't willing to shoot it? How did KAT get 3 assists? How did Rubio get 12 assists if every bucket was Wiggins in isolation?

You mean Martin's first game that he's showed up this year? Kat's usually going for offensive rebounds when Wiggins gets it. The only thing Rubio does is pass, he should be getting 12 assists for how much he controls the ball and doesn't shoot

alexftbl8181 wrote:Without researching it, I doubt that the Wolves have won a game in Wiggins career that he hasn't scored at least 20 points

Yes, his long and illustrious career thus far....

Q12543 wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:Without researching it, I doubt that the Wolves have won a game in Wiggins career that he hasn't scored at least 20 points

Yes, his long and illustrious career thus far....

I think it goes to show that he has to score at least 20, and probably more like 30, to give a Wolves a chance. If Wiggins gets 12 points, 12 boards and 4 assists, doubtful the Wolves are in it