and another stomach punch to wolves fans!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: and another stomach punch to wolves fans!

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

LST, I like this Blatt fella that has been bandied about. He would be a nice out of the box hire. I also wouldn't mind Flip until the right guy emerges. I like Mark Jackson a lot as well.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:LST, I like this Blatt fella that has been bandied about. He would be a nice out of the box hire. I also wouldn't mind Flip until the right guy emerges. I like Mark Jackson a lot as well.

I would definitely be in favor of Blatt, but we have no evidence that he is interested in coming here. He's an East Coast guy, and there are rumors that the Zen Master is interested. But I prefer Blatt to Joerger or Mitchell (or Flip), and would be unhappy if I knew he was agreeable to coming here, and Flip didn't want him.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I'm still enamored with giving Chauncey Billups a head coaching gig. Though, supposedly he wants a front office job instead. Chauncey will be a terrific HC whenever he goes down that road.
Monster

Post by Monster »

So Skiles has a bunch of kids...see I keep telling people this coach hiring thing isn't that easy.

Lets get Mark Jackson in here lets have him play backup PG when Curry come to town. LOL This is a fun clip of them doing a shooting contest after practice one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dg7bLL5Kgo
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

alexftbl8181 wrote:You say we need to hire the right guy, and I agree, but I wonder who that is. It has to be someone who is willing to come and rebuild after our franchise player leaves us. and many of the guys that we want just don't want to take a chance here. Cool, what potential coach is out there and wants to take a chance with a Love-less Wolves team, and has either been a Coach of the Year or had as much success as Mitchell in turning around a team in such a short period of time? Who's your guy, cool...convince me.

That's what Flip's job is suppose to be. Maybe hear about somebody on the spurs staff, or another good coaching staff. When reports are that it's just guys with Minnesota ties, it comes off as bush league and very lazy

I agree, Alex. The organization looks amateurish and pedestrian. There are a lot of talented assistants and quality former head coaches who should relish the chance to coach the the Wolves in spite of the uncertainty surrounding Love. NBA head coaching positions are highly coveted and there are very few of them. It's up to our front office to find and recruit the best candidates. Pursuing a highly respected young guy like Joerger coming off a 50-win season in the West following a long history as a winning head pro basketball coach was precisely what this organization should be doing. Retreating to Glen's comfort zone, i.e., Sam Mitchell, is exactly what we should NOT be doing.