Wolves Draft Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Wolves Draft Thread

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:25 pm
Rex Richards wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:19 pm Long time lurker, just registered. Although, I believe I was registered on "old" forum. Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. I try to keep up, but I'm getting up there in age (65). Anyways, Utah took Keyonte George with the 16th pick. If the trade hadn't been made, who should the T-Wolves taken at 16?
Welcome!

(have no clue who they should have taken)
Welcome Rex!

I don’t know either I may have only heard of like half of these guys before tonight. Lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

I’m not really enjoying being this clueless watching this draft but I am getting some things done tho. Lol

So has there been any surprises other than Whitmlre dropping to 20?
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Kris Murray and Nick Smith have fallen a bit below where they were expected to go. But otherwise, no big surprises other than Cam Whitmore sliding to #20. Importantly, none of the projected 2nd round picks have been selected in the first round.

I’m keeping my eye on Ben Sheppard to see if he slips into the second round. Also keeping my eye on Amari Bailey to see if he jumps into the 1st round.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

It appears that Dallas got a first round pick from Sac just to take on Richaun Holmes and his contract. Dallas could use him, so this move helps. Dallas shed Davis Bertan's contract by only moving back two spot. I'm not sure why Sac did this move. I was rooting for Kris Murray to fall one more spot so he could play with his brother Keegan, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

First big surprise. Marcus Sasser selected at #25 by the Celtics. He was expected to go in the 30s.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:52 pm It appears that Dallas got a first round pick from Sac just to take on Richaun Holmes and his contract. Dallas could use him, so this move helps. Dallas shed Davis Bertan's contract by only moving back two spot. I'm not sure why Sac did this move. I was rooting for Kris Murray to fall one more spot so he could play with his brother Keegan, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
Seems like the Kings are trying to make room under the cap to go after a big time FA? Naz? LOL
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

5 of my top 10 targets remain available now that Sasser and Sheppard have been taken. I’m down the the following five:

1. Amari Bailey
2. Isaiah Wong
3. Craig Porter Jr.
4. Jordan Miller
5. Jazian Gortman
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:57 pm
KG4Ever wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:52 pm It appears that Dallas got a first round pick from Sac just to take on Richaun Holmes and his contract. Dallas could use him, so this move helps. Dallas shed Davis Bertan's contract by only moving back two spot. I'm not sure why Sac did this move. I was rooting for Kris Murray to fall one more spot so he could play with his brother Keegan, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.
Seems like the Kings are trying to make room under the cap to go after a big time FA? Naz? LOL
What’s the deal with Holmes? He barely played last year? Does he have an injury or some off court thing? Metu I think played well so not a whole lot of minutes left for centers but anyways if Holmes still can play this looks like a really good move for Dallas.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Lipoli390 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:56 pm First big surprise. Marcus Sasser selected at #25 by the Celtics. He was expected to go in the 30s.
Seems like a Celtics pick. Sasser seems like a guy that could be solid in the league and look like a good pick but yeah I know he wasn’t supposed to go that high.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

We are moving up to #33! Go Go Go!