Another new owner incoming

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

Re: Another new owner incoming

Post by FNG »

I read that the Wolves lux tax bill went from $56 to $84 million after trading for the 8th pick...youzers! It made me wonder: who did TC have to clear this with before making the move. He has no (or little) idea who is going to actually be paying this tax next year, so do you think he had to get clearance from both the Taylor camp and the Lore camp? It would be a pretty bold move to take $28 million about of someone's pocket without clearing it with them! Man, this ownership issue is complicated.
Monster

Re: Another new owner incoming

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:34 am I read that the Wolves lux tax bill went from $56 to $84 million after trading for the 8th pick...youzers! It made me wonder: who did TC have to clear this with before making the move. He has no (or little) idea who is going to actually be paying this tax next year, so do you think he had to get clearance from both the Taylor camp and the Lore camp? It would be a pretty bold move to take $28 million about of someone's pocket without clearing it with them! Man, this ownership issue is complicated.
Keep in mind the tax isn't calculated till the end of the season. It's also worth considering that any player added to the roster is gonna cost a significant chunk of money maybe not 28 million but even a vet min guy is going to be kinda expensive. I think it's pretty clear Connelly is not working with anywhere near the financial constraints he did for years in Denver where he was always making at least 1 of not 2 moves that were pretty clearly about saving money and avoiding the luxury tax. Some of those years it was a bit more understandable since they looked to be a ways away from being contenders.