Trade Deadline Thread

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Monster

Re: Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Monster »

I guess I will post this here but Suzuki cleared waivers so now he can be traded to any team.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/16/twins-catcher-kurt-suzuki-clears-waivers/

Interesting note:

"Since start of 2014, just 2 catchers have caught more innings than Kurt Suzuki's 2,768: Sal Perez, Yadier Molina."

https://twitter.com/mikeberardino/status/765643867576086528
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Yeah, middle infield could be becoming a strength. So, we have Dozier, Polanco and Arreaz who all are best at 2b and can hit. The guy who brings the most back in trade is Dozier with his 20+ HRs, improving BA and excellent defense. If the Twins could get back a catcher or good starting pitcher for Dozier in the off-season, would they take a chance on the youngsters and deal him?

You better be getting some no-brainier prospects for Dozier. I'm not sure Dozier is THE leader of this team but I tend to think he is probably part of the solution so dealing him seems like a bad move. Unless he has a bad injury there is no reason to deal him till you have to. There will always be a nice market for that type of guy. He is 29 I don't see him dropping off anytime soon. I'm biased he is probably my favorite Twin but I just don't see how you can deal a guy like that even if you go young. Polonco needs to at least prove for maybe a year or at least another half season next year he really can hit and 2b is the only spot to put him then...maybe move Dozier.

Here's how hot Brian Dozier has been the past 74 games...he has an OPS of 1.000. Only 7 players in major league history have a career OPS over 1.000:

Ruth
Williams
Gehrig
Bonds
Foxx
Greenberg
Hornsby
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:Yeah, middle infield could be becoming a strength. So, we have Dozier, Polanco and Arreaz who all are best at 2b and can hit. The guy who brings the most back in trade is Dozier with his 20+ HRs, improving BA and excellent defense. If the Twins could get back a catcher or good starting pitcher for Dozier in the off-season, would they take a chance on the youngsters and deal him?

You better be getting some no-brainier prospects for Dozier. I'm not sure Dozier is THE leader of this team but I tend to think he is probably part of the solution so dealing him seems like a bad move. Unless he has a bad injury there is no reason to deal him till you have to. There will always be a nice market for that type of guy. He is 29 I don't see him dropping off anytime soon. I'm biased he is probably my favorite Twin but I just don't see how you can deal a guy like that even if you go young. Polonco needs to at least prove for maybe a year or at least another half season next year he really can hit and 2b is the only spot to put him then...maybe move Dozier.

Here's how hot Brian Dozier has been the past 74 games...he has an OPS of 1.000. Only 7 players in major league history have a career OPS over 1.000:

Ruth
Williams
Gehrig
Bonds
Foxx
Greenberg
Hornsby

Looking at the Twins all time list. No one is over .900.
Harmon is #1, and #5 is ..... Shane Mack. And Cory Koskie and Kirby are almost identical. That was eye-opening.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Ruth
Williams
Gehrig
Bonds
Foxx
Greenberg
Hornsby

Looking at the Twins all time list. No one is over .900.
Harmon is #1, and #5 is ..... Shane Mack. And Cory Koskie and Kirby are almost identical. That was eye-opening.

I remember Shane Mack and figured I knew that season. I was wrong. He had multiple good seasons with the Twins. A very underrated player... I had forgotten that he took off to Japan for a couple of seasons when the lockout hit for guaranteed money.

It was right in his "prime" production years and he never got back to being a full-time player in the L.

But he had a nice stretch there.