Wolves vs Heat GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TAFKASP

Re: Wolves vs Heat GDT

Post by TAFKASP »

I like this game so much I've run out of "likes" for the day! Guess I need to practice a little more left click discipline.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Fourth Quarter:

- D'Angelo Russell: 10 points (3-5 FG, 2-4 3P, 2-2 FT) and two assists in 12 minutes

- Malik Beasley: Seven points (3-5 FG, 1-2 3P) in 12 minutes

- Miami Heat: 19 points in the quarter
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I had the Wolves losing this one. This was the type of game that in the past "post" KG era till now we would have seen a loss.

I am sort of shocked at the turn, now let's not get too high and keep it going.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Not only have the Wolves (9-9) won five straight games, but they've all been by 10-points or more. They've moved into the eighth-seed in the Western Conference as a result. The seventh-seed Grizzlies are also 9-9 while the fifth and sixth seeds -- Clippers and Blazers, respectively -- both sit at 10-8.

Minnesota definitely has some momentum in the right direction. Up next are the 12-8 Hornets in Charlotte on Friday.
jake_elwood [enjin:6673175]

Post by jake_elwood [enjin:6673175] »

This was, tied with the Rose 50 pt game, the most fun game I've been at since 2004. I loved the individual performances, but more than that, I loved the resilience. There were plenty of things to get down about throughout the game, but it never felt like we were out of it or were letting it affect our play. On the flip side, it felt like the heat quit with 3 minutes or more left. On a final note, I loved Ant getting after Butler when he stripped the ball out of Ant's hands during a dead ball. Teammates got in there quick, because I think Edwards would be looking at a small suspension if he tore Jimmy in half.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

jake_elwood wrote:eammates got in there quick, because I think Edwards would be looking at a small suspension if he tore Jimmy in half.

It would have been worth it!
jake_elwood [enjin:6673175]

Post by jake_elwood [enjin:6673175] »

One more point. The Wolves allowed only 4 Heat Oreb this game. The Heat shot better from the field, 3 point range, and attempted 8 more free throws, but the Wolves played that defense that is quickly becoming their hallmark and denied the Heat absolutely ANY second chance points. You love to see it.
davemang

Post by davemang »

DLO forcing 2 clutch TOs vs Herro in the 4th was awesome. Also, Benz needs to get a wrestling call bit down for the next Ant Murder: https://twitter.com/ChadBlue83/status/1463738207196135429
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Just finished watching the game. We deserve nights like this. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. My only regret is that Vando wasn't on the floor when Butler had his dustup with Ant. It would have been interesting to say the least. I'm trying not to buy into this streak, but damn it's no accident. We have talent and we are coming together. The improved defense gives us a chance almost every game. Bravo Wolves!
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

Abe had one of the best posts of the year in the GDT: Minnesota vs. Sacramento thread, showing Kat's reactions to Ant going one-on-one. Watching the game last night, I think Kat is starting to understand that Ant is the face of the team going forward. His reactions to the big shots that Ant made were less "wtf" and more, that's my boy. This is the natural way of things. Ant needs to be the lead dog due to his better mentality and not only lead the team but the entire franchise. Kat just doesn't have the right maturity level. If Wiggins would have had 30% of Ant's emotion when he was with the Wolves, he would still be here.