Flip's Legacy - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
TheGrey08

Re: Flip's Legacy - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Post by TheGrey08 »

Q12543 wrote:
TheGrey08 wrote:We finally have a coach who is willing to make offensive and defensive substitutions back to back to back (Saric and Taj trading off). That is a great great sign if you ask me. It's the type of thing you see big time coaches make when necessary.

But honestly that really isn't big time. Coaches have been doing this for years. It's just one of those things that for whatever reason Thibs didn't do. Regardless, it's refreshing to see.

Oh for sure. I more so meant it's something you see all top coaches do. The ones that really succeed, reacting to the situation and not just their status quo like Thibs.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Um....wow!!! Just wow!! Great Wolves moment. Go Wolves!!
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

That Teague explosion might have him neen trying to stick up for wiggs. Apparently, schroeder was going after wiggs for most of the game.
worldK

Post by worldK »

crazy-canuck wrote:That Teague explosion might have him neen trying to stick up for wiggs. Apparently, schroeder was going after wiggs for most of the game.

I could see that. The thunder were going at wigs after the noel fall. It wasnt dirty or anything but they were going at him. It wasnt wig's fault with what happened with noel. He was going strong for a 1 hand hammer dunk and you ususally drop your off arm to balance and extend yourself and Noel came in late and a under wig to his left side. It was a gutsy play by norl but he was in a bad spot there. I really hope he is okay as that look brutal.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

60WinTim wrote:That was a really nice, hard fought win. No Roco. No Rose. Teague gets himself tossed. And Towns puts himself in foul trouble. Yet the team still pulled out the win.

Okogie's defense on Westbrook was really pretty good, considering Westbrook absolutely smokes most guards.

I agree...one of the best Twolves wins ever. We're playing a team that's 13-5 at home missing three of our best 6 players, and with our best player limited to 24 minutes with foul trouble...and we win! So often a bad ejection leads to a spirited comeback, and it sure did tonight. Teague didn't play very well, but he's a tough guy and did what he had to do to protect Wig.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Games like tonight are why Wiggins got his contract and why he is so hard go trade because whoever we get in a trade don't be capable of what Wiggins did tonight.

It is huge that Wiggins can have his average output be what he has done these last 20 games 20/4.5/2.5 on solid %. If he can do that and have the occasional go off game he won't be worth the contract but we can live with it.

*dammit i'm talking myself into Wiggins again
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Late Night DVR Rewind Recap:

- Wiggins was phenomenal. 18 free throws. Attacking. That rebound in traffic was the difference. Even passed the ball better than normal. Can we see that performance again? Soon?

He deserves this one to himself... almost.

- Good for Ryan Saunders. Fun win.

ItsJustSoSab wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Towns just dropped the F bomb on Saunders and saunders left the situation

Yeah...I don't usually look into little things like that because it's the heat of the moment in a game but that was...interesting. I think the F bomb was directed at the ref, but the fact he dismissed Saunders with his hand said more to me.

Here's what I think happened (with perhaps some bad lip reading). Ryan got in KAT's face after the 4th foul and said something like "come on KAT...you gotta be smarter than that" (accountability!). KAT was pissed at the call (he was wrong...it was a foul) and perhaps pissed that Ryan didnt see it that way...like Thibs would (he never thought any call against his team was correct). So KAT said something like "he fucked up the call" and waved Saunders away...and Ryan decided to let it go. It's telling to me that KAT's post game comments about Ryan were more positive than anything I ever heard him say about Thibs.

I see this as a good incident, although Ryan may talk to KAT in the locker room about it...he should.

Wolves/Thunder games are almost always terrific...how fun would a playoff series be between these two teams!
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

longstrangetrip wrote:
ItsJustSoSab wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Towns just dropped the F bomb on Saunders and saunders left the situation

Yeah...I don't usually look into little things like that because it's the heat of the moment in a game but that was...interesting. I think the F bomb was directed at the ref, but the fact he dismissed Saunders with his hand said more to me.

Here's what I think happened (with perhaps some bad lip reading). Ryan got in KAT's face after the 4th foul and said something like "come on KAT...you gotta be smarter than that" (accountability!). KAT was pissed at the call (he was wrong...it was a foul) and perhaps pissed that Ryan didnt see it that way...like Thibs would (he never thought any call against his team was correct). So KAT said something like "he fucked up the call" and waved Saunders away...and Ryan decided to let it go. It's telling to me that KAT's post game comments about Ryan were more positive than anything I ever heard him say about Thibs.

I see this as a good incident, although Ryan may talk to KAT in the locker room about it...he should.

Ya it's so hard to know. We got a 2 second clip and we just saw KAT wave his arm and say the F Bomb. He could of been pissed off at the refs, situation in general, possibly Saunders.

It's way to hard to know but of course we are crazy fans and when watching a new coach over we overanalyze everything even not having a clue on the context