Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Re: Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Post by 60WinTim »

Andre Roberson out for season with patellar injury. Thunder are on a pretty nice roll. Interesting to see how this might affect them.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

60WinTim wrote:Andre Roberson out for season with patellar injury. Thunder are on a pretty nice roll. Interesting to see how this might affect them.

I read an article not too long ago that discussed Roberson's impact on the Thunder's defense. When he's off the floor, they're a below average NBA defense ranked in the 20-30 range. I expect to see them struggle on that end moving forward, but they'll be more potent offensively.
Hicks123 [enjin:6700838]

Post by Hicks123 [enjin:6700838] »

Didn't realize just how poor OKC's bench is. Who is the best bench player? Felton? Jerami Grant? Ouch! I find it hard to complain about our bench moving forward. They certainly need to make a move to be even remotely competitive the back half. But what on earth do they have to trade? We need an 8 seed!
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
60WinTim wrote:Andre Roberson out for season with patellar injury. Thunder are on a pretty nice roll. Interesting to see how this might affect them.

I read an article not too long ago that discussed Roberson's impact on the Thunder's defense. When he's off the floor, they're a below average NBA defense ranked in the 20-30 range. I expect to see them struggle on that end moving forward, but they'll be more potent offensively.

Yes he is so good defensively it more than makes up for how much he hurts their offense. It's been mentioned their bench struggles. Some of the guys youbwould have expected to be better haven't. Patterson hasn't done much and this team's 5th leading scorer is a tie between Grant and Felton at 7.1 ppg. They need someone to step up and maybe find another player to add.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Mike Conely done for the season. That's not a surprise but it's always a shame when good players can't play. Maybe they can get a nice talent in this draft.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

monsterpile wrote:Mike Conely done for the season. That's not a surprise but it's always a shame when good players can't play. Maybe they can get a nice talent in this draft.

It's time for Memphis to blow it up. Their window has closed. Sell the building blocks and acquire youth. Gasol, Conley, Evans, Green could bring back a lot of assets.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Mike Conely done for the season. That's not a surprise but it's always a shame when good players can't play. Maybe they can get a nice talent in this draft.

It's time for Memphis to blow it up. Their window has closed. Sell the building blocks and acquire youth. Gasol, Conley, Evans, Green could bring back a lot of assets.

You know that's what they should do...and we know they probably won't do it.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I have to turn the sound down when Doris Burke is doing analysis. I just can't deal with it. She has no business calling NBA games and taking a job from more suitable analysts. But ESPN forces female and minority hires.
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:I have to turn the sound down when Doris Burke is doing analysis. I just can't deal with it. She has no business calling NBA games and taking a job from more suitable analysts. But ESPN forces female and minority hires.

I'm not defending Doris Burke here but there are few analysts that IMO don't add much to the game. I think a lot of these TV crews aren't really there for the well informed fans.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:I have to turn the sound down when Doris Burke is doing analysis. I just can't deal with it. She has no business calling NBA games and taking a job from more suitable analysts. But ESPN forces female and minority hires.

That's how I feel when listening to our own crew. I pray for national broadcasts so I might be able to listen to someone else.