Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: Around the NBA (non-Wolves talk)

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

sjm34 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:I have to turn the sound down when Doris Burke is doing analysis. I just can't deal with it. She has no business calling NBA games and taking a job from more suitable analysts. But ESPN forces female and minority hires.

That's how I feel when listening to our own crew. I pray for national broadcasts so I might be able to listen to someone else.

Weird, but to each his own. I think Benz and J-Pete do a pretty damn good job.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:I have to turn the sound down when Doris Burke is doing analysis. I just can't deal with it. She has no business calling NBA games and taking a job from more suitable analysts. But ESPN forces female and minority hires.

That's interesting. I feel the exact same way with regards to female and minority hires, BUT my personal opinion is that Doris Burke does a fine job overall.

The worst broadcasts in basketball are Houston, Boston, and Cleveland.

In my opinion, the best are Minnesota's, Utah's, and Charlotte's.

My honorable mention goes to Chicago. I don't think they actually know enough to add much analysis to the game, but Stacey King says some pretty funny shit almost every game. Good go-to lines too.

Edit: I also love listening to Brent Barry break down NBA action. I wish he would call more games... and I wish Walt Frazier and Clyde Drexler would find a new job.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Camden wrote:

That's interesting. I feel the exact same way with regards to female and minority hires, BUT my personal opinion is that Doris Burke does a fine job overall.

My honorable mention goes to Chicago. I don't think they actually know enough to add much analysis to the game, but Stacey King says some pretty funny shit almost every game. Good go-to lines too.

Edit: I also love listening to Brent Barry break down NBA action. I wish he would call more games... and I wish Walt Frazier and Clyde Drexler would find a new job.

I think you could add the Clippers to the worst category. And i agree with Utah, what a pleasure listening those guys.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:

I think you could add the Clippers to the worst category. And i agree with Utah, what a pleasure listening those guys.

Haven't listened in a couple of years but I liked the Nets guys.

From a national level I love hubie brown.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

kekgeek1 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Agree with you on Brown. I also like Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson. I like Harlan but not a Chris Webber fan.
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
Camden wrote:

Agree with you on Brown. I also like Breen, Van Gundy and Jackson. I like Harlan but not a Chris Webber fan.

That's a good list. Hubie is always a guy I have liked. JVG gives you a bit of everything for a position that ultimately is about entertainment. He gives you a bit of something for the hard core fan, stuff for the causal fan and some pure ridiculousness every broadcast.

I agree Barry is pretty good.

Other guys:

Play by play Ryan Ruocco

Analysts PJ Carlesimo He does a number games at all levels on national radio it's usually pretty good.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

I'm out in Vegas and I made the mistake of betting against OKC twice. When they're on, they're on. I do NOT wanna play them in the playoffs.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Surprised no talk about Michigan State. Tend to recall Izzo talking up Payne and the deciding factor of us trading the first rounder for him speaking of such a high character guy. Also remember payne and the girl who ended up dying. Makes you sick.too bad all this has to come up and how basketball seems more important than the rape and misconduct of these men. As a father of a daughter, cant imagine my anger and fury that would come from this. Really feel terrible for the families and the victims.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

BizarroJerry wrote:I'm out in Vegas and I made the mistake of betting against OKC twice. When they're on, they're on. I do NOT wanna play them in the playoffs.

We've handled them multiple times this season. I fear a team that can get hot shooting like Portland or a healthy Denver team much more than I do the Thunder.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:
BizarroJerry wrote:I'm out in Vegas and I made the mistake of betting against OKC twice. When they're on, they're on. I do NOT wanna play them in the playoffs.

We've handled them multiple times this season. I fear a team that can get hot shooting like Portland or a healthy Denver team much more than I do the Thunder.

To be fair, two of the wins were in October.
One of the hottest teams in basketball right now.

They're legit.