[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Karl-Anthony Towns[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Is this really what the Wolves are rolling with for the next season?

All indications are that Ricky is starting, so I think your lineup is wrong.
kekgeek

Re: Beasley gets paid by the Wolves

Post by kekgeek »

monsterpile wrote:
thedoper wrote:Im surprised at the negativity. The extra year at 15 per seems pretty good for a shooter. Hes going to get some nice clean looks with Ricky. We do need size but the MLE plus another trade should get us there.

If he didn't have the legal issues I'd be ok with it to some extent especially the way some guys have been getting paid but this is ridiculous. It felt like we bid against nobody.

Dane Moore said the Knicks were going to offer a big deal to him
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:[table]
[tr]
[th]Position[/th]
[th]Starter[/th]
[th]Rotation Player[/th]
[th]Depth[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Point Guard[/td]
[td]D'Angelo Russell[/td]
[td]Ricky Rubio[/td]
[td]Jordan McLaughlin[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Shooting Guard[/td]
[td]Malik Beasley[/td]
[td]Josh Okogie[/td]
[td]Jaylen Nowell[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Small Forward[/td]
[td]Anthony Edwards[/td]
[td]Jarrett Culver[/td]
[td]Jake Layman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Power Forward[/td]
[td]Juan Hernangomez[/td]
[td]Jarred Vanderbilt[/td]
[td]Jaden McDaniels[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Cam they need to make more moves and get this whole roster to have guys with J's in their names. Lol
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

KG4Ever wrote:[
Camden wrote:[table]
[tr]
[th]Position[/th]
[th]Starter[/th]
[th]Rotation Player[/th]
[th]Depth[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Point Guard[/td]
[td]Ricky Rubio[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Shooting Guard[/td]
[td]Malik Beasley[/td]
[td]Josh Okogie[/td]
[td]Jaylen Nowell[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Small Forward[/td]
[td]Anthony Edwards[/td]
[td]Jarrett Culver[/td]
[td]Jake Layman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Power Forward[/td]
[td]Jaden McDaniels[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

All indications are that Ricky is starting, so I think your lineup is wrong.

That's what I thought before they signed Beasley back on that deal. Either they want to bring Anthony Edwards along slowly off the bench or they want Ricky Rubio to quarterback the second unit. They did make it sound that way during the intro presser.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

monsterpile wrote:
[tr]
[th]Position[/th]
[th]Starter[/th]
[th]Rotation Player[/th]
[th]Depth[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Point Guard[/td]
[td]Ricky Rubio[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Shooting Guard[/td]
[td]Malik Beasley[/td]
[td]Josh Okogie[/td]
[td]Jaylen Nowell[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Small Forward[/td]
[td]Anthony Edwards[/td]
[td]Jarrett Culver[/td]
[td]Jake Layman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Power Forward[/td]
[td]Jaden McDaniels[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Cam they need to make more moves and get this whole roster to have guys with J's in their names. Lol

NOOOO!!!!

Unless Ricky's middle name is Jesus, Juan, or something... He's the reason my interest has been rekindled!
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
[tr]
[th]Position[/th]
[th]Starter[/th]
[th]Rotation Player[/th]
[th]Depth[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Point Guard[/td]
[td]Ricky Rubio[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Shooting Guard[/td]
[td]Malik Beasley[/td]
[td]Josh Okogie[/td]
[td]Jaylen Nowell[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Small Forward[/td]
[td]Anthony Edwards[/td]
[td]Jarrett Culver[/td]
[td]Jake Layman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Power Forward[/td]
[td]Jaden McDaniels[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

NOOOO!!!!

Unless Ricky's middle name is Jesus, Juan, or something... He's the reason my interest has been rekindled!

Yeah I have to dig out that Rubio shirt I got at the thrift store last year...also I need to lose some weight to be able to wear it.

Maybe we can expand it to JK and for now I'll just start calling our #1 pick Kedwards
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

monsterpile wrote:
[tr]
[th]Position[/th]
[th]Starter[/th]
[th]Rotation Player[/th]
[th]Depth[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Point Guard[/td]
[td]Ricky Rubio[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Shooting Guard[/td]
[td]Malik Beasley[/td]
[td]Josh Okogie[/td]
[td]Jaylen Nowell[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Small Forward[/td]
[td]Anthony Edwards[/td]
[td]Jarrett Culver[/td]
[td]Jake Layman[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Power Forward[/td]
[td]Jaden McDaniels[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Center[/td]
[td]Naz Reid[/td]
[td]Omari Spellman[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Volans suggested JJ Barea. Or is he too tall?
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

I thought Beasley went to Jail. Is playing on a work release deal?
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

60WinTim wrote:I know I haven't been following everything that has been going on this year. But we always complained about how this team doesn't accumulate talent. And here we are accumulating talent at the positions that really matter in the league these days. And most of us complain?

I'm with WW, this deal is just fine from a basketball standpoint. I am sure the Wolves are privy to the legal issues, and I believe most contracts have language in regards to legal issues a player might have.

Hey!! Look who's back!

First we get Ricky back, and then Tim too? It's enough to make me feel a little opDougistic about the future, and lord knows we could use some of that these days.

Great to see you again, man!
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

I like you guys, but man this board cracks me up right now.

With every signing, Wolves or other team, there's at least one person's heart racing. Wolves pick Edwards, a few like it, most hate it and call for Rosas' firing. Wolves trade for Rubio, some love it, some say we apparently aren't going to have any shooters. Wolves re-sign Beasley (our best non-KAT shooter), half love it, other half call him an idiot. Some say he was worth it before the trouble but we should get a discount, others say he's worth it either way, others say he was never worth it. We're on day 1 of free agency, our lineup is incomplete as is our offseason.

Regardless of Beasley's contract, one thing we know is that if we lost Beasley we'd have to replace his shooting in time, to carry out the vision. One thing that I also think we know is that we're going to be a small-ball type team (not overly surprising). I was hoping Beasley would come at a discount (~$11-12 mil) but wasn't convinced he would given he's young and entering his prime and has a premium skill in today's NBA. All it would take is 1 team. Then there's RFA, we could match. Of course, if a team is signing Beasley as a RFA away from us, they're probably going to structure the deal in a way that isn't favorable to how the Wolves plan to project their own salary cap going forward (whether it be years, money, option, front-loading, etc).

At the risk of sounding like an apologist, I don't think we need to sound the alarm.

1. Edwards has as much upside as anyone in the draft, and as Paul Pierce said, to win a championship in today's NBA, you need a superstar on the perimeter, so even if Wiseman is the real deal, it may not be the right move. So perhaps swinging for the fences with Edwards makes sense. (I'd have picked Wiseman, but I can't be overly critical of the move).

2. #17 and #33 for Rubio, Jaden McDaniels, and Bolmaro. According to NBA TV last night I believe it was, Bolmaro was going late 1st round either way. Did we need to trade up from 25 to 23? Maybe, maybe not. Obviously they thought he was going #24. To me, Bolmaro represents Rubio's replacement in a year or two. I'm definitely a Rubio fan, and think his value goes very much unnoticed. He not only provides us a clear veteran leader who can still play, but he knows how to control tempo (a very underrated skill), he plays defense, gives full effort, and provides a roadmap for the younger players both on the roster and Bolmaro for when he comes. Then you have Jaden McDaniels. I know as little about him as most of you. The kid has quite a skill set that shows up clearly on his highlight tape, but has some definite obstacles to overcome. This sounds like the type of guy the Denver Nuggets draft, and I don't say that as a bad thing. I do get the interest in Bey, and I had interest in him, but clearly our FO didn't like him as much as the board did, and we really should just see how this all plays out on the floor.

3. Malik Beasley- Whether he is worth $15/3+1 or not and his remaining potential are up for debate, but I think all of us can agree that, as a player we like the skill set he brings. We all think he's a knucklehead. So if some would pay him $10 mil, others $13 mil, and others $15 mil, we know we're keeping a player that fits the skill set, age, and a need for this team. We can only speculate of whether we could have kept him for less or not, but most (if not all) of us agree that from a skill set standpoint, we wanted to keep him. A hole was not created by declining to sign him. Let's say we save $2-3 mil a year, I'd say that makes less of a difference than if we give the wrong person the money (like we did when we paid Dieng).

4. The offseason is not over. We DO need another big. I actually am less thrilled with Naz Reid's development than probably anyone on this board. I was excited to see his size/skill set last year in summer league. He looked extremely raw in actual NBA game play though, even at the end of the season, and even when he was putting up a bit better numbers. We need this guy to take a major jump or he'll be a backup that isn't ready. At PF, we need to hope for a jump forward for the young guys and a trade/signing to get us a legit starter (ala Taj Gibson).

At SF, people need to just get used to the fact that we're a small ball type team, at least for 2020. Edwards is 19 though, and could easily grow another inch or two. This is a roster that's still being molded, and still finding out what parts will fit and won't.

All in all, one thing I can confidently say is that for the first time in a while, I think all the Wolves contracts are tradeable if we find things aren't fitting. We don't have any atrocious contracts lingering on our roster (i.e. bad player making big money).

Breathe, take a step back, and let's see how this plays out. We didn't even get to see Towns and Russell play together last year but maybe a game. We didn't have a player like Rubio on our team last year, and we didn't have Edwards on our team last year. There are a TON of unknowns on how this actually looks on court.