Wolves vs Lakers GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Q-is-here

Re: Wolves vs Lakers GDT

Post by Q-is-here »

Sagacious Magnanimous wrote:It's so refreshing seeing this team hit back when the other team counters and close out games.

One of Finchy's biggest accomplishments this year has been unlocking KAT in 4th quarters when things get tight. We NEVER were able to figure out how to get him enough touches in these situations in the past. Not sure why 7 years of other paid professionals couldn't figure it out....
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Q-was-here wrote:
Camden wrote:KAT is wildly talented. We need to appreciate him more.

He absolutely shut the door on a game that was getting a little wobbly there after that 3rd quarter and early 4th quarter. I think the Lakers got the lead down to 6 at one point, right?

They actually got it to four with about 10 minutes left in the game before Minnesota went on a 35-19 run to end the game. Towns had the answer for nearly every Lakers run whether it was a big bucket or a stop and defensive rebound. I thought he was great.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

It is really refreshing having such an amazing coach. The only thing that bothers me with Finch is his challenges. He always seems to hold them too often waiting and then never ends up using them. Very minor, but I love that guy.
SagaciousMagnanimous

Post by SagaciousMagnanimous »

Q-was-here wrote:
Sagacious Magnanimous wrote:It's so refreshing seeing this team hit back when the other team counters and close out games.

One of Finchy's biggest accomplishments this year has been unlocking KAT in 4th quarters when things get tight. We NEVER were able to figure out how to get him enough touches in these situations in the past. Not sure why 7 years of other paid professionals couldn't figure it out....

Ahahaha. That's true. He's totally exceeded my expectations as coach. I'm so used to us never being able to stay above 500 the few times we made it in the past. A follow up loss was always so predictable.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I might go back and watch more of this one but I caught the last 5-6 minutes of the 4th quarter. It's like there has been a switch flipped from one franchise to another. The Wolves look like the clear superior team in every way and the Lakers look like a hapless bunch. Some of the drive and ball movement by the Wolves was fantastic. Quick passes moving it to a better shot. Lakers playing like they had no idea what was happening.

I haven't watched Lebron much this year but what I have seen he doesn't look like the same player. This team also just hasn't been that good around him either. Malik Monk was a nice pickup but it feels like it's lesser version of Lebron, Westbrook doing his Westbrook thing and without AD it's just a bunch of guys. I just watched the Spurs win on a Lonnie Walker 3. Go Spurs go.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Sagacious Magnanimous wrote:
Q-was-here wrote:

Ahahaha. That's true. He's totally exceeded my expectations as coach. I'm so used to us never being able to stay above 500 the few times we made it in the past. A follow up loss was always so predictable.

I'll say this about Towns...his screens actually look like a big man setting them. Dude is actually knocking people off now. That's been a thing Towns wasn't really good at for years. He was better last year but the games I have seen him in 2022 for sure have been almost different in that regard. That's a big deal and can helps Towns himself get scoring opportunities.
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Social media is on fire right now, so many clips and gifs of Timberwolves talking trash lol
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

BloopOracle wrote:Social media is on fire right now, so many clips and gifs of Timberwolves talking trash lol

The Russ air ball video is everywhere. KAT looking for the open window. PatBev throwing the ball up and ducking it. Malik and the bench clowning him from the sideline. Russ standing there holding the gooseneck.

There's clips of PatBev yelling "trash" at the Lakers bench and then holding his nose at them, as if to say they stink. There's clips of PatBev flexing and taunting LeBron before slapping him on the rear.

There's video of KAT grabbing an offensive rebound and then bodying LeBron under the rim to draw the foul and mouthing "bitch-ass n***a" while flexing.

It's safe to say our Wolves aren't scared of the Lakers whatsoever and feel they can beat them anytime, anywhere, in any scenario. And when they do they're going to let them hear about it. Playing with an edge, with an attitude. While it might seem a bit much at first this is definitely being baked into their identity. I think it's a good thing.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Camden wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:Social media is on fire right now, so many clips and gifs of Timberwolves talking trash lol

The Russ air ball video is everywhere. KAT looking for the open window. PatBev throwing the ball up and ducking it. Malik and the bench clowning him from the sideline. Russ standing there holding the gooseneck.

There's clips of PatBev yelling "trash" at the Lakers bench and then holding his nose at them, as if to say they stink. There's clips of PatBev flexing and taunting LeBron before slapping him on the rear.

There's video of KAT grabbing an offensive rebound and then bodying LeBron under the rim to draw the foul and mouthing "bitch-ass n***a" while flexing.

It's safe to say our Wolves aren't scared of the Lakers whatsoever and feel they can beat them anytime, anywhere, in any scenario. And when they do they're going to let them hear about it. Playing with an edge, with an attitude. While it might seem a bit much at first this is definitely being baked into their identity. I think it's a good thing.

I'm still not sure. I get playing with swagger and confidence, but last night was a bit much. I mean, we are really setting ourselves up for a smackdown if we match up against a healthy Laker team in a one-game play-in scenario. All those antics may have been a mistake.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-was-here wrote:
Camden wrote:

I'm still not sure. I get playing with swagger and confidence, but last night was a bit much. I mean, we are really setting ourselves up for a smackdown if we match up against a healthy Laker team in a one-game play-in scenario. All those antics may have been a mistake.

What is the Lakers record with AD?

There is some reasonable thought to be afraid of the Lakers but they are also not even certain to make the playoffs despite having Lebron healthy for plenty of games. They have a couple more wins than a team like Portland who have been playing without Lilliard for months and have been actively tanking. At what point is it fair to say the Lakers aren't very good even if healthy? At what Point have the Wolve dwarves to be called a good team? The next few games where both teams have a tough schedule will tell the tale.

I'm not a big fan of trash talk but not everyone is the same. I also wonder what the Lakers said to the Wolves. Maybe it was all Beverly getting the Wolves going with that stuff but my guess is the Lakers had something to say at some point that got things going. Towns doesn't usually get into these types of things unless it's Embiid etc. he was really going at the Lakers last night.