Flip's Legacy - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Re: Flip's Legacy - Wolves at Thunder GDT

Post by kekgeek »

longstrangetrip wrote:Wolves/Thunder games are almost always terrific...how fun would a playoff series be between these two teams!

They have been amazing. Wolves have won 5 of 6 against them. If Wiggins could play the Thunder, Cavs, Kings, Raptors and lakers every night he would be MVP
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

kekgeek1 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
ItsJustSoSab wrote:
kekgeek1 wrote:Towns just dropped the F bomb on Saunders and saunders left the situation

Yeah...I don't usually look into little things like that because it's the heat of the moment in a game but that was...interesting. I think the F bomb was directed at the ref, but the fact he dismissed Saunders with his hand said more to me.

Here's what I think happened (with perhaps some bad lip reading). Ryan got in KAT's face after the 4th foul and said something like "come on KAT...you gotta be smarter than that" (accountability!). KAT was pissed at the call (he was wrong...it was a foul) and perhaps pissed that Ryan didnt see it that way...like Thibs would (he never thought any call against his team was correct). So KAT said something like "he fucked up the call" and waved Saunders away...and Ryan decided to let it go. It's telling to me that KAT's post game comments about Ryan were more positive than anything I ever heard him say about Thibs.

I see this as a good incident, although Ryan may talk to KAT in the locker room about it...he should.

Ya it's so hard to know. We got a 2 second clip and we just saw KAT wave his arm and say the F Bomb. He could of been pissed off at the refs, situation in general, possibly Saunders.

It's way to hard to know but of course we are crazy fans and when watching a new coach over we overanalyze everything even not having a clue on the context

So true...fun to surmise though. Regardless of the true story, I'm not going to worry about it. As I said, it's more likely to me that it was a positive.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

60WinTim wrote:That was a really nice, hard fought win. No Roco. No Rose. Teague gets himself tossed. And Towns puts himself in foul trouble. Yet the team still pulled out the win.

Okogie's defense on Westbrook was really pretty good, considering Westbrook absolutely smokes most guards.

Great call. Wiggins was amazing but not even close to quick enough to keep Westbrook in front of him.

Another guy that had a quiet very good night was Dieng. He had to play a lot of minutes matched up with Adams and didn't entirely collapse.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

It's almost like we can be happy to be Wolves fans. So much fun.
worldK

Post by worldK »

thedoper wrote:It's almost like we can be happy to be Wolves fans. So much fun.

2 honeymoons in a year! Hope this 2nd one is better than the first!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Fun game to watch and great win. Wiggins was definitely the key to the win. He was terrific - maybe his best game as a Timberwolf. But it was a nice overall team effort. In spite of limited minutes due to foul trouble, KAT had 20 points and 9 rebounds. Tolliver and Saric were terrific off the bench even though Saric missed too many wide open threes. Okogie's shooting was poor as it usually is, but he also did a lot of little things to help the team win - aggressive defense and some nice passing that would be recorded as hockey assists. Then Okogie hits that game-winning three near the end. That was obviously the shot of the game. But the three-pointer from KAT shortly before that one was almost as big. Two clutch threes down the stretch - one from KAT and the other from Okogie - very nice. The most important play of the game might have been Teague's double technical. He was clearly standing up for his teammate, Andrew Wiggins. The Wolves, including Andrew, seemed shaken by what happened to Noel. I think Teague's actions that got him tossed snapped his teammates out of their funk and refocused them.

The ball did bog down a bit with Teague in the game, but overall, the Wolves played with far more pace and more ball movement. The Saunders-effect was evident tonight. The team moved the ball better, got the ball up the floor faster, looked more fluid and played with genuine joy. It was such a pleasure to watch.
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

worldK wrote:
thedoper wrote:It's almost like we can be happy to be Wolves fans. So much fun.

2 honeymoons in a year! Hope this 2nd one is better than the first!

We're being spoiled. Maybe we can even win a playoff series?!? I'm just kidding, we get what we get
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

I felt really good for okogie hitting that 3 and the confidence that wiggs and the team had to get him the ball.

The kid busted his ass on defense tonight and hasnt shot the ball well at all for a while now.

Okogie is not sleeping tonight.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

It's nice to be able to put a guy like Okogie on Westbrook and let him dog him all night. You can't stop Russell but he did a good job of making him work for everything. It probably paid off i points at the other end.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

crazy-canuck wrote:I felt really good for okogie hitting that 3 and the confidence that wiggs and the team had to get him the ball.

The kid busted his ass on defense tonight and hasnt shot the ball well at all for a while now.

Okogie is not sleeping tonight.

The kid has a football mentality. I think every team needs a guy or two with his type of doggedness and physicality. Love it!