Markannen, Dunn and Lavine or Butler and Patton?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Markannen, Dunn and Lavine or Butler and Patton?

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
Perfectdraft wrote:New poster... I like what you guys have to say. Keep up the good work.

but Donovan Mitchell was never going to be the pick at 7. Total hindsight. If you want to use donovan in the equation against the butler trade... then why not go back and mention all the other poor draft choices of the past. Like draft Giannis, or Gobert, or klay, or steph, or hayward/cousins/pg13... or all the other guys in previous years that we now know are better than all the jamokes that the wolves took instead.

It actually could be spun as a reason in favor of taking butler over the 7th pick, because he was a known quantity vs another likely swing and miss for the wolves like all those other years.

If you want to argue that the wolves need to draft better, I dont think anyone would disagree with that statement. They are awful at drafting outside of a couple of hits over the years.

If kat leaves and cites butler as the reason... then the butler deal was bad. Until then, I do the deal every time.

I just think bringing a perfect draft choice into the equation is unrealistic.

Lavine/dunn/markkanen vs butler and Patton should be the comparison. And considering the lavine price tag that has been mentioned... I'm hoping the butler kat combo will survive the bumps. Thibs tho... hopefully he realizes that kat is the player he needs to keep out of all of these guys. I'm hoping for the best.

Welcome...good thoughts here.

Yes welcome to the forum!