Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Nobody talking about the last play being run for Martin? I had a good laugh with that one.

Other than that, I can see Abe and Q are still running their anti Wiggins agenda. I'll continue to pass on sharing much.
Monster

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote:KAT trying to run the break himself. Rookie mistake.

I basically expect an empty possession every time Towns crosses the half court line with the ball on a translation play. He will have the ability eventually but it is there now. He needs to give it up.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:If Bazz or LaVine slacked like Wiggins does, they'd be yanked and ride the pine. Hence some of the resentment we're hearing from those guys.

I think Wiggins does more more consistantly but yeah I think he should be sat sometimes including when he shoots those jumpers and Sam didn't seem thrilled with them either in that interview with Brit.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
lipoli390 wrote:If Bazz or LaVine slacked like Wiggins does, they'd be yanked and ride the pine. Hence some of the resentment we're hearing from those guys.

I think Wiggins does more more consistantly but yeah I think he should be sat sometimes including when he shoots those jumpers and Sam didn't seem thrilled with them either in that interview with Brit.

It's tough. #1 picks with as much potential as Wiggins tend to get more freedom to make mistakes.

Because his ceiling is much higher than Bazz or LaVine, I'm cool with more slack being given to him via on-court time. Hopefully, Mitchell is holding him accountable in other ways though...
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Nobody talking about the last play being run for Martin? I had a good laugh with that one.

Other than that, I can see Abe and Q are still running their anti Wiggins agenda. I'll continue to pass on sharing much.

Let's be honest nobody was going to make that 3. Martin wasn't a better or worse option than anyone else. Pete said he would get it to Martin i tended to agree with that but maybe getting it to Belly would make the most sense he can shoot it over anyone and he has that nifty nickname...Lol

Back to Martin it was nice to see him have a really nice game.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

It's tough. #1 picks with as much potential as Wiggins tend to get more freedom to make mistakes.

Because his ceiling is much higher than Bazz or LaVine, I'm cool with more slack being given to him via on-court time. Hopefully, Mitchell is holding him accountable in other ways though...

Agreed
Monster

Post by Monster »

A couple notes from this game...

Houston isn't a very good team. Fortunately they have some solid to very good talent but gah they look terrible at times. They found themselves down the stretch but also almost blew that game with some poor turnovers. The Wolves played a better game than I have seen for a while but a lot of the bad Houston did was pretty much just them being not good it didn't have much to do with the Wolves forcing them into anything. I don't know what is up with Houston but they just don't have it right now.

Pek looking solid already I thought it would take him longer to round into form. That's fun to see I like watching him play.

We are and should be hard on Wiggins and he gives reason to be that way with his lack of hustle at times. It's really damn frustrating but I think sometimes we are just too hard on him. I don't want to be like "no worries he will figure it out it will all come together etc etc" but he just flat out has talent and he isn't a lazy guy he just doesn't put forth maximum effort and doesn't understand that he can't just pick his spots he needs to do more.

You want him to pass? Sometimes there is nobody to pass too guys are standing around not getting open or not fending off their defender. That's on players and possibly the offense. I am not saying Wiggins doesn't need to make an improvement but sometimes he doesn't really have options and that's not on him. I've seen signs from him that he can make some nice passes but his skillset isn't quite there yet especially his ball handling. I'd like to see that 3 point shot start falling for him this year because of he can build off that next year it would really make any improvement he has with his handle a lot more effective.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:Without researching it, I doubt that the Wolves have won a game in Wiggins career that he hasn't scored at least 20 points

Yes, his long and illustrious career thus far....

I think it goes to show that he has to score at least 20, and probably more like 30, to give a Wolves a chance. If Wiggins gets 12 points, 12 boards and 4 assists, doubtful the Wolves are in it

Maybe. Maybe not.

The Wolves are 28 - 94 with Wiggins as a "scorer." It's nearly impossible to do any worse than that.

12 / 12 / 4 is not a bad stat line by the way. (To be fair, neither is 28 / 2 / 1)

This is just a small sample size but Wolves record when Wiggins gets at least 7 rebounds is 6 - 10.
Wolves record when he gets at least 4 assists is 7 - 13. And their record when he scores at least 22 points is 9 - 27.
MikkeMan

Post by MikkeMan »

worldK wrote:
May I ask which players on this team the advance metrics say is helping the team when they are not shooting efficiently?

Look, Wiggins is not a problem. He has weaknesses sure but he every coach in this league will play wiggins even when he is not "scoring efficiently" as the metrics indicate because they believe they have a shot at winning with wig on the floor.

For some reason, Rubio has shot clearly worse in games that we have won this season. Especially from 3-point range. So at least one player is clearly helping also when his shot is off.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Thanks for the stats Mikkeman. As you and Kekgeek showed, yes, we can win without Wiggins scoring 20+ points. Alex was just popping off, as he tends to do, when the facts bear out a different reality.

By the way, we still suck when Wiggins doesn't score 20+ points. The issue is he needs to a) get those points in a more efficient manner, and b) start doing other things to help the team win. I don't know about you guys, but that's what I expect of #1 picks.