The Love-Wiggins Deal Thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Re: The Love-Wiggins Deal Thread

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

FWIW, Love camp doesn't expect news this weekend.
RT @ChadJRoberts34: @DarrenWolfson Doogie, hearing anything regarding Wiggins to #Twolves?

This was from Doogie's page a few hours ago. Might have to wait all weekend on this? That would suck.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:Love/Brew for Wiggins/Thompson/Waiters/Haywood and a 1st

Fair for everybody

No. Cleveland loses that deal by a significant margin.

Irving
Brewer
Lebron
Love
Varajao

That 5 doesn't have any weaknesses

Ummm... that's not how trades work.

I'm not following the point your trying to make

"It makes us good enough... who cares if we're sending out unequal amounts of talent/value."

Don't you think they'd want to have a decent bench too? Keep a few assets in case they're looking for another trade?

If it makes us good enough to win the title? Isn't that the point of the game? Are the Lakers regretting trading for Pau because they could have Marc whose a superior player right now?

Not quite sure how much bench you need with that starting 5. Heat didn't have much of a bench for 4 years, worked out fine for them
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Fair for everybody

Irving
Brewer
Lebron
Love
Varajao

"It makes us good enough... who cares if we're sending out unequal amounts of talent/value."

Don't you think they'd want to have a decent bench too? Keep a few assets in case they're looking for another trade?

If it makes us good enough to win the title? Isn't that the point of the game? Are the Lakers regretting trading for Pau because they could have Marc whose a superior player right now?

Not quite sure how much bench you need with that starting 5. Heat didn't have much of a bench for 4 years, worked out fine for them

My point is that they don't need to add Waiters or Thompson to get Love.

So why do it? Just to make fans in Minnesota happier?

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Fair for everybody

Irving
Brewer
Lebron
Love
Varajao

My point is that they don't need to add Waiters or Thompson to get Love.

So why do it? Just to make fans in Minnesota happier?

What other players could they add to make the salaries work?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Fair for everybody

For the love of all things good, please get it in your head that we're trading a top-10 (top-five in my opinion) player in the NBA. Minnesota loses every Love trade because of that reason alone. If the Cavs are lucky enough to stumble on to Love, they are the clear winners. Trading unknowns for a for sure star works out almost every time, especially for Cleveland as they likely win multiple rings with that core.

Camden wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Fair for everybody

For the love of all things good, please get it in your head that we're trading a top-10 (top-five in my opinion) player in the NBA. Minnesota loses every Love trade because of that reason alone. If the Cavs are lucky enough to stumble on to Love, they are the clear winners. Trading unknowns for a for sure star works out almost every time, especially for Cleveland as they likely win multiple rings with that core.

But Wiggins could be a top 10 player in 5 years!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Camden wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Fair for everybody

Yes. I understand how good Love is. In fact, for years, I've been one of the few on here wondering why Love was getting ripped so much and Rubio was being praised so much.

But I also understand how the NBA works. And how trades work when a star player requests a trade with an end date. It's difficult to find "even value" trades in those situations. While I think it makes perfect sense for Cleveland to trade for a top 5- 12 NBA player that complements its new star player... others might want to get as much value as possible for the #1 pick in an allegedly loaded draft class.

Furthermore, Dion Waiters was the #4 pick just two seasons ago and he showed signs of promise, averaging 16 ppg last season at only 22. Should he be the centerpiece in a Love trade? Hell no. But he has value around the league.

A lot of people are on the fence about Love - Wiggins as it is. While both of us may see the sure thing in Love being better... it's not unanimous. In fact, Wiggins holds a ton of value despite never playing in the NBA.

If we look back at other trades like this, Wiggins alone would make this a good trade for the Wolves. Adding in another promising player (or two) is probably not necessary... if we go by NBA history.

[Note: Just to be sure... Yes. I think Love is the better player. I think he's perfect with James in Cleveland. I think the Wolves are worse after trading Love... for possibly a long time. By "winning" or "losing" the trade, I'm talking about the specifics of the trade itself using the context of other trades and the situation. Personally, I think they can get Love without giving up Waiters and Wiggins. So if they give up both... they "lose" the trade. Make sense?]

This leverage at this point isn't even about Love walking at the end of year as it is the fact the Cavs could make a deal that would make them a clear title contender for years.

Even if Wiggins becomes a top 3, top 5, top 10 player, If the Cavs only win ONE title, then trade would of been worth it.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

alexftbl8181 wrote:This leverage at this point isn't even about Love walking at the end of year as it is the fact the Cavs could make a deal that would make them a clear title contender for years.

Even if Wiggins becomes a top 3, top 5, top 10 player, If the Cavs only win ONE title, then trade would of been worth it.

Irrelevant.

You're still wanting Cleveland to give up more than they need to... just "because."

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:This leverage at this point isn't even about Love walking at the end of year as it is the fact the Cavs could make a deal that would make them a clear title contender for years.

Irrelevant.

You're still wanting Cleveland to give up more than they need to... just "because."

They have to give up more because Wiggins makes a rookie salary and Love makes a max salary