KAT trade ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Re: KAT trade ideas

Post by thedoper »

The idea of KAT playing for Thibs again is enough to make me want to see this trade happen on comedic grounds alone.
FNG

Post by FNG »

As I said in the lux tax thread, I have a strong preference for coming back next season with the same starting five. But if Lore has let TC know that he has no intention of being a lux tax payer, then I think the Knicks might be our best trading partner. I still think KAT is a unique offensive player who I would like to retain, but if someone has to go, I would choose him. And the distaste the Knick fan base seems to have for Randle might give us a window of opportunity to fleece them. But it would have to be a fleecing for me to accept it (not that TC cares about my acceptance!). I have no interest in Barrett and Fournier, but I do like the idea of Quickley as our PG of the future. I would offer KAT for Randle, Quickley and multiple firsts to see how desperate they are to unload Julius. I suspect they are not that desperate, but it might be worth a shot.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Ant is our point guard of the future. And we should be talking to the Nets about Bridges and Claxton which would be the ultimate return for KAT. I don't want Randle, and the Knicks have little else they are willing to give us. Here is what gets you talking about an NBA title

1 - Ant
2 - Bridges
3 - McDaniels
4 - Claxton
5 - Rudy

6 - NAZ
7 - Kyle
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:29 pm Ant is our point guard of the future. And we should be talking to the Nets about Bridges and Claxton which would be the ultimate return for KAT. I don't want Randle, and the Knicks have little else they are willing to give us. Here is what gets you talking about an NBA title

1 - Ant
2 - Bridges
3 - McDaniels
4 - Claxton
5 - Rudy

6 - NAZ
7 - Kyle
Does Brooklyn think they can be a contender with KAT? Tis trade looks like it would cut salary also.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:29 pm Ant is our point guard of the future. And we should be talking to the Nets about Bridges and Claxton which would be the ultimate return for KAT. I don't want Randle, and the Knicks have little else they are willing to give us. Here is what gets you talking about an NBA title

1 - Ant
2 - Bridges
3 - McDaniels
4 - Claxton
5 - Rudy

6 - NAZ
7 - Kyle

Odds of them giving you either Claxton or Bridges, let alone both of them for Towns is less than zero.
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

In regards to Steven A Smith's comments on a potential Randle for KAT trade I have actually been playing around with a trade idea for a while now involving a third team acquiring Randle. In this instance that would be Dallas.

MIN receives: Immanuel Quickley, Jaden Hardy, Evan Fournier, 1st RP (2025 NYK Top 3 Pro), 1st RP (DAL 2025 Unprotected), 1st RP (DAL 2027 Top 3 Pro) and two 2nd RP (2025 DAL & 2025 NYK)

NYK receives: Karl Anthony Towns and Tim Hardaway Jr

DAL receives: Julius Randle and Wendell Moore Jr

Why for Min? A mini rebuild as such without tearing the whole thing down. We'd still remain relatively competitive. Move on from KAT and send him to the big lights of MSG. Give the keys to Ant. In return we'd receive a nice mix of young talent, expiring contracts, cap relief (13.8 mil from trade) and multiple lightly protected 1st RPs. Quickley and Hardy give us two young, talented guards. Fournier has a team option after next season which would be declined help free up some of the necessary cap space to resign Edwards, McDaniels and Quickley. I'm probably undervaluing KAT again, but looking at it from other teams perspectives and basing it on his likely current trade value.

Starting Lineup:
Conley / Edwards / McDaniels / Anderson / Gobert
Rotation:
Quickley / Hardy / NAW / Prince / Reid

Why for NYK: Acquiring home town product KAT who in my opinion is a significant upgrade over Randle, even though this years accolades would suggest overwise. They would also acquire backcourt depth in Tim Hardway Jr. Moving on from Randle and Quickley (who both disappeared for them in the playoffs), but retain most their core with decent depth.

Starting lineup:
Brunson / Barrett / Hart / Towns / Mitchell
Rotation:
Rose / Grimes / Hardaway Jr / Toppin / Hartenstein.

Why for DAL? Get frontcourt help in two time All Star Julius Randle who paired with Doncic and a potentially resigned Irving could make some noise in the West. UFA's Christian Wood and Dwight Powell could be resigned giving them frontcourt depth. Think they would quite happily go in to luxury tax territory to become a contender.

Starting lineup:
Irving / Doncic / Bullock / Randle / Powell
Rotation:
Ntilikina / Green / Bertans / Wood / McGee
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

1 - Ant
2 - Bridges
3 - McDaniels
4 - Claxton
5 - Rudy

6 - NAZ
7 - Kyle
Yes, Cool. If we’re going to trade KAT this is absolutely the sort of trade the Wolves should make. Getting Quickley and being stuck with Randle strikes me as a pathetic return for KAT. If the Knicks also included 3 future unprotected 1st-round picks and a top 5 protected first rounder, I might consider it. But I still probably wouldn’t do it. Bridges, Claxton and one future 1st would be enough for me.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

WildWolf2813 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm

1 - Ant
2 - Bridges
3 - McDaniels
4 - Claxton
5 - Rudy

6 - NAZ
7 - Kyle

Odds of them giving you either Claxton or Bridges, let alone both of them for Towns is less than zero.
KAT would easily net Claxton+ plenty more. Bridges would likely also be on the table, but I don't know how much else comes back with him. I don't see them as a viable trade partner.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

TheFuture wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:26 am
WildWolf2813 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm

1 - Ant
2 - Bridges
3 - McDaniels
4 - Claxton
5 - Rudy

6 - NAZ
7 - Kyle

KAT would easily net Claxton+ plenty more. Bridges would likely also be on the table, but I don't know how much else comes back with him. I don't see them as a viable trade partner.
The Nets turned down 4 firsts for Bridges. He's not going anywhere. He might be one of the better value assets in the league now considering his deal. Brooklyn also feels very strongly about keeping Claxton around (they value Claxton the way we value McDaniels).
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Wolves met with projected Top 10 pick Anthony Black today. It’s interesting to say the least