Olympic basketball thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Olympic basketball thread

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

kekgeek wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:19 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:16 pm Did Ant get much run in the 2nd half?
Ant was not good today. Had a couple of chances to hit open 3s in the 3rd Q and if he hits those he probably closes the game. He was gambling a lot on defense today also, probably shouldn’t do that against a Jokic lead team.

First bad game from Ant.

Kerr rotations were pathetic. Good on Curry, Lebron, Embiid and KD (who was not good until the end) for saving the USA

The rub is that throwing those rotations out the window as the second half went on is what spurred the comeback.

We can rip him for playing everyone early... but then we sorta have to give him some credit for not playing them late. He could have kept with what wasn't working.

[Note: I just think it was pretty cool to see a moment in time... with two (or three) of the guys most responsible for the NBA's success over nearly two decades being counted on and delivering down the stretch. Curry never had a US Olympic moment... now he does. The young guys will get their turn soon enough. Yesterday was fun for the oldheads.]
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Rudy with some great minutes so far, but Ant-Man counters by isoing him for three and then talking some smack lol
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

ANT making an impact on defense. And he just hit a 3 with Gobert up on him!

Only the Wolves are guaranteed Gold today... ;)
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

It just dawned on me that ANT's role on team USA is similar to what the Wolves are going to ask Dilly to do... Well, except for the defensive part!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

LeBron has really been awesome for Team USA in this Olympic run. For the most part, the starting lineup has been pretty lame, and would be borderline terrible if not for LeBron carrying them.

Kudos to the King, I guess...
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Don’t get why France is playing small ball against the USA
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Ant is a world champ
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

kekgeek wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:18 pm Ant is a world champ
He's got to step in in 4 years. Can't see Durant, Steph, Bron or KD playing or being very effective at that time due to age if they do or can. We still got guys who we can bring in though like Jaylen Brown, De Fox, Holmgren, maybe even Kyrie if he cares (probably not). Teams going to get weaker though I think.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

60WinTim wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:04 pm
Q-is-here wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:07 pm
kekgeek wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:33 pm Ant playing elite defense today
What a great experience for Ant. Him having to come off the bench as a key role player for Team USA with a bunch of more established stars ahead of him seems like the perfect thing for him at this stage in his superstar maturation process.

Although I do find it funny how Kerr is having to twist himself into a pretzel to placate Tatum, whereas the youngest player on the squad (Ant) has a set role and could probably start over Booker if Kerr wasn't also trying to placate him!
Watching "point ANT" has been really great, too.

Curry has been pretty bad, especially on the defensive end. I assume that is the Kerr favoritism coming through that keeps him in the starting lineup. Actually, if LeBron wasn't carry that starting lineup, they would be pretty bad!
Kerr favoritism, LOL. Curry singlehandedly put Team USA on his back the last two games.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:49 pm
kekgeek wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:18 pm Ant is a world champ
He's got to step in in 4 years. Can't see Durant, Steph, Bron or KD playing or being very effective at that time due to age if they do or can. We still got guys who we can bring in though like Jaylen Brown, De Fox, Holmgren, maybe even Kyrie if he cares (probably not). Teams going to get weaker though I think.
Ant, Bam, Tatum, Booker and Haliburton could be back, and there is still a lot of talent to choose from inclucing Jalen Brunson, Mikal Bridges, LaMelo Ball, Cade Cunningham, Scottie Barnes, Jaylen Brown, Banchero, Holmgren, Jalen Williams, Brandon Miller, Derek Lively, Reed Shephard, Cooper Flagg. So USA will remain a title contending team. France should be good in the frontcourt with Wemby, Coulibaly, Sarr, Risacher and Dieng and if they can get decent guard play they will be strong.