Wolves vs Knicks Gdt

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Monster

Re: Wolves vs Knicks Gdt

Post by Monster »

Whew...what a game.

At one point I was like it doesn't really matter at this point that the Wolves are playing backups this is just a regular matchup and they could have easily lost this one but the persevered.

This Mike Conley guy I kinda like him.

Prince made up for a couple dud games recently all in one game.

Nowell came back and for the most part had a good game. He even had some good defensive possessions. I think he could take zero 3's and still be an effective scoring threat.

Hell of a game for Randle I both like the guy and he also annoys me but whew man was he cooking for most of the game.

Anyway this was a fantastic win and simply a fun game to watch. Both teams were just on fire.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:What a roller coaster this season has been. I'm no longer surprised when we lose to bad teams, nor am I surprised when beat good ones on the road. Every game is like a gift box you open slowly, sometimes it turns out to be a good surprise, and sometimes it's a box of shit.

Lol. I could not have captured the essence of this season better than you just did in just three sentences. :).

Yeah it's fun right!? :)
Monster

Post by Monster »

davemang wrote:Been missing the local broadcast as the streams seem to rarely have them, but Breen is one of the best and Clyde Frazier is a trip to listen to (who else uses "auspicious" and "effervescent" to describe a basketball play?). My bingo card definitely had prince and randle combining for 92 points. Hopefully the boys will be back on Wednesday because that offense is not sustainable, even though it is fun when it happens!

Also Mike Conley still has some tricks: https://streamable.com/qeagff

And if you've never visited the NBA subreddit, you're probably a much more mentally healthy individual than I, but you're missing out on this gem of a meme by u/Rswany that he keeps updating after every win: https://streamable.com/9zr7oo

Fun post. I was watching the Knicks broadcast too it was pretty fun. That Conley video was something.
FNG

Post by FNG »

davemang wrote:Been missing the local broadcast as the streams seem to rarely have them, but Breen is one of the best and Clyde Frazier is a trip to listen to (who else uses "auspicious" and "effervescent" to describe a basketball play?). My bingo card definitely had prince and randle combining for 92 points. Hopefully the boys will be back on Wednesday because that offense is not sustainable, even though it is fun when it happens!

And if you've never visited the NBA subreddit, you're probably a much more mentally healthy individual than I, but you're missing out on this gem of a meme by u/Rswany that he keeps updating after every win: https://streamable.com/9zr7oo

No announcer dresses better than Frazier...always fun to see him courtside. Interesting that you mention him on the day before the great Willis Reed dies. I was fortunate to watch on a 19" Philco that iconic moment when Reed came out of the tunnel despite everyone thinking he would not play in game 7 of the 1970 NBA championship. Clyde put up close to a 40/20 game as I recall, but Reed was still named MVP because of his performance during the entire series and his inspirational return. I think he made the first bucket in game 7, but didn't do too much after that. But he showed up.

I think that was one of the greatest moments in NBA history, and that series might have been the best ever. I was a big Knicks fan back then, and to have them beat a team with Wilt, Baylor and Jerry West was unbelievable. My recollection is that West and Chamberlain never left the court in game 7...played the entire 48 minutes!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

FNG wrote:

No announcer dresses better than Frazier...always fun to see him courtside. Interesting that you mention him on the day before the great Willis Reed dies. I was fortunate to watch on a 19" Philco that iconic moment when Reed came out of the tunnel despite everyone thinking he would not play in game 7 of the 1970 NBA championship. Clyde put up close to a 40/20 game as I recall, but Reed was still named MVP because of his performance during the entire series and his inspirational return. I think he made the first bucket in game 7, but didn't do too much after that. But he showed up.

I think that was one of the greatest moments in NBA history, and that series might have been the best ever. I was a big Knicks fan back then, and to have them beat a team with Wilt, Baylor and Jerry West was unbelievable. My recollection is that West and Chamberlain never left the court in game 7...played the entire 48 minutes!

I've watched that video countless times. It was one of those magical moments that you typically only get in sports. How great it would have been to be at that game in Madison Square Garden.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

FNG wrote:

Frazier Game 7:

36 points
(12 - 17 fg, 12 - 12 ft)
19 assists
7 rebounds
7 steals

Arguably, the greatest Game 7 ever.
FNG

Post by FNG »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
FNG wrote:

Frazier Game 7:

36 points
(12 - 17 fg, 12 - 12 ft)
19 assists
7 rebounds
7 steals

Arguably, the greatest Game 7 ever.

I guess my memory was a little exaggerated with my 40/20 call for Clyde...but I forgot about the 7 steals! And I also looked up the box score and saw that West and Chamberlain did indeed each play 48 minutes. Man, what a game!