Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Re: Houston, we have a problem - Wolves at Rockets GDT

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

monsterpile wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:Nobody talking about the last play being run for Martin? I had a good laugh with that one.

Other than that, I can see Abe and Q are still running their anti Wiggins agenda. I'll continue to pass on sharing much.

Let's be honest nobody was going to make that 3. Martin wasn't a better or worse option than anyone else. Pete said he would get it to Martin i tended to agree with that but maybe getting it to Belly would make the most sense he can shoot it over anyone and he has that nifty nickname...Lol

Back to Martin it was nice to see him have a really nice game.

Monster, have you paid ANY attention to Martin's track record in the clutch?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:Nobody talking about the last play being run for Martin? I had a good laugh with that one.

Other than that, I can see Abe and Q are still running their anti Wiggins agenda. I'll continue to pass on sharing much.

Let's be honest nobody was going to make that 3. Martin wasn't a better or worse option than anyone else. Pete said he would get it to Martin i tended to agree with that but maybe getting it to Belly would make the most sense he can shoot it over anyone and he has that nifty nickname...Lol

Martin is the team's best three point shooter. So I have less of a problem with him taking it vs. the execution of the play. We've seen time and time again that just giving him the ball 30 feet away and telling him to hit a three pointer to tie wasn't going to work.

What was the stat? The Wolves are 1 - 14 fg in the past 15 games where they needed a three pointer to tie it...?
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Martin is the team's best three point shooter. So I have less of a problem with him taking it vs. the execution of the play. We've seen time and time again that just giving him the ball 30 feet away and telling him to hit a three pointer to tie wasn't going to work.

What was the stat? The Wolves are 1 - 14 fg in the past 15 games where they needed a three pointer to tie it...?

We all came into the season understanding Mitchell would not be an x's and o's genius but their lack of creativity is insane. He has no idea how to get a guy an open look. Although I didn't love Adelman this was the one area where he excelled. How we can have Ricky and not have an offense with open shots boggles my mind at this point.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

thedoper wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

We all came into the season understanding Mitchell would not be an x's and o's genius but their lack of creativity is insane. He has no idea how to get a guy an open look. Although I didn't love Adelman this was the one area where he excelled. How we can have Ricky and not have an offense with open shots boggles my mind at this point.

To be fair, Ricky is part of the solution... and the problem as far as getting open looks.

As noted by many here, and elsewhere, the team has very few shooters... thus very little spacing.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
thedoper wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

To be fair, Ricky is part of the solution... and the problem as far as getting open looks.

As noted by many here, and elsewhere, the team has very few shooters... thus very little spacing.

thedoper nailed it. Martin or whoever were unlikely to get open for a look because the sets we have done to get those looks suck. To be fair to Sam some of that is probably in the players not executing what they are supposed to do.

So what if Martin sucks in the clutch? My point stands who is better at hitting a clutch 3 right now? A while ago I would have said Lavine but he is shooting off balance not smooth Wiggins struggles to hit a 3 when wide open and I don't buy Towns being able to get free to get a shot up. Belly realistically is the only guy I see as much better of a chance than Martin but I wasn't optimistic and I knew based on how much time was left on the broadband pass counter we either lost or won by hitting a 3 and got fouled. Lol I get the frustration with Martin getting the shot because he hasn't been great but let's be absolutely honest about he options on this team especially last night. Not sure why I am picking this as something to go on about. It seems this team has shown some signs of life. Abe I think we sort of have to go back to some semblance of moral victories just to keep sane. It's sad isn't it? Sigh
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

My contention is that ANYBODY is a better option than Martin. How many failures does it take before we look to somebody else?
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I would rather have Rubio take the last shot then Martin. I like the idea of Belly, LaVine, or Towns too.

I think you could setup a play that Towns screens for Martin. Martin gets the ball and then throws it back to Towns for 3.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Belly, Wiggins, Zach, Towns, Shabazz would all be better crunch time options than Martin. Martin has two issues in the clutch:

1) He has no stones
2) Even if he did, he can never get a contested shot off with that release.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Changing the topic, did anybody else notice the team was making a particular effort to get out in transition more last night? They weren't particularly successful--particularly forcing passes, passing too late or too early, or trying to do too much with the dribble, and we still don't seem to be able figure out spacing when we run the floor--but hey, at least they looked like they were trying! At this point, that's saying something.
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Belly, Wiggins, Zach, Towns, Shabazz would all be better crunch time options than Martin. Martin has two issues in the clutch:

1) He has no stones
2) Even if he did, he can never get a contested shot off with that release.

To your point 1) I can't believe we have left Tyus "Stones" out of the conversation. ;)