2018 NFL Draft

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Re: 2018 NFL Draft

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Boy the way Shazier walked up to the podium to announce the Steelers pick. Hard to see him playing football again. That would be quite the comeback if he could pull it off.

Mike Hughes - CB UCF for our pick

I trust Zimmer but I'm not thrilled with the background issues. We turned the pick in pretty much immediately so they must have really liked him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:Mike Hughes - CB UCF for our pick

I trust Zimmer but I'm not thrilled with the background issues. We turned the pick in pretty much immediately so they must have really liked him.

Yeah it seems clear they wanted him. It sounds like the talent is there.

Eagles traded out of the first round so let's see what they got.

My top 5 picks of the night:

1. Bradley Chubb to Denver - pairing him with Von is just gonna be unfair. Browns really missed an opportunity passing on him at 4.

2. Baker Mayfield to Cleveland - I think he has the swagger they need to put that team on his back unlike the other top QB's in this draft.

3. Quenton Nelson to the Colts - they have to protect Luck and the dude is just gonna be a beast.

4. Calvin Ridley to the Falcons - a perfect fit next to Julio and Sanu. That offense just got even more potent.

5. Derwin James to San Diego - they need to replace what Weddle gave them and with a solid pass rush I think James is a great fit for them.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Ravens basically gave up a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year to move up so that's about what I assume the Vikings could have gotten to move down. I'm not sure how guys left were valued but my guess is that wouldn't be enough unless you wanted to move back up in the 2nd to get a guy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:Boy the way Shazier walked up to the podium to announce the Steelers pick. Hard to see him playing football again. That would be quite the comeback if he could pull it off.

I wasn't aware of how his situation played out only that he had been injured. It sounds like he is already beating the odds. I have a friend and fellow Vikings fan that works as a PT at a recovery facility. He sees and helps facilitates some pretty amazing transformations.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Reading some stuff about Hughes and it sounds like teams felt pretty confident he was innocent of the allegations when he left UNC. He has text messages of proof etc. obviously the issue may not be dead and he said the woman could even sue him after he gets drafted. He was up front about everything with teams. Hopefully he has learned and put any problems behind him.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I don't like the pick. I am just not a fan of Mike Hughes. Seems like there were better options and guys that would be available much later in the draft at nearly the same level. I will look at this more when I get time. I was at the Avengers movie with my daughters last night so I missed the draft.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

monsterpile wrote:Ravens basically gave up a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year to move up so that's about what I assume the Vikings could have gotten to move down. I'm not sure how guys left were valued but my guess is that wouldn't be enough unless you wanted to move back up in the 2nd to get a guy.

I would have done that deal if I was the Vikings and it was on the table. It might be because I am not a Miek Hughes guy. I would have been more interested in Josh Jackson. He seems to have better tools, upside, and production. The guy is a converted WR that had 27 passes defended and 8 picks last year. Crazy! If we would have drafted Desmond King last year instead of reachng for Gedeon we wouldn't have needed to use a pick on the WR at all this year.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

The difference between the two that I've seen is that Hughes is a stronger tackler and more physical. That was a small knock on Jackson was his tackling. If Hughes can win that Nickel spot you certainly want that ability to help stop the run. I guess that is what Zim wanted. He's also a great returner too.