Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461]

Re: Jimmy Butler Trade Ideas

Post by crazy-canuck [enjin:18955461] »

In theory gordon provides what we need. But, i just don't think he will get those looks with teague as the pg and thibs' archaic offense.

At least with richardson, he has some ability to create his own shot.

Otto is the other guy i like, but that guy is spoonfed a lot of his looks and he isnt looking too hot when having to look for his offense. However, all the other things he does for the team is worth it in my books (better if we had a rubio type as our starting pg).

I do think we should give wiggs a little more offense to create, especially his drive and kick game; its the only pass i think he's pretty good at along with feeding the post.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Honestly... I cannot think of an active poster on here who doesn't add to the overall discussion. Everyone is clearly passionate about the sport and the team and wants it to do well. Lets also realize we all live different lives and we have no idea what each other is going through day to day. Any one of us could be going through some shit. None of this excuses attacking others, but it's just something to think about.

We just have to realize we're all people, we're all fans and we just want this team to succeed. I'm also pretty sure most of us have said something ridiculous a time or two. Lets just try to stick to sports, avoid personal attacks and stay civil. That's what has always made this board what it is, knowledgeable smart fans debating and discussing the game.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

As far as the Gordon vs Knight debate. For me it's as simple as Gordon is a SG, Butler is a SG, Knight is a PG.

Without Butler there is a whole on the wing and Knight would make a 4th PG. Sure Rose plays some minutes at SG, but he's not a legit wing. Rose & Knight are also the same size. Gordon is set to be paid 13.5 and 14m the next 2 seasons and Knight is set to be paid 14.6 and 15.6m.

Give me the cheaper of the 2 who is not hurt or coming off a major injury and is also the more tradeable asset. With that said, he definitely wouldn't be my first choice.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Let's forget about whether Knight is a PG or SG or C...

Is he even an NBA player at this point?

He hasn't played in a game since February of 2017...
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Let's forget about whether Knight is a PG or SG or C...

Is he even an NBA player at this point?

He hasn't played in a game since February of 2017...

Fair point lol
Monster

Post by Monster »

crazy-canuck wrote:In theory gordon provides what we need. But, i just don't think he will get those looks with teague as the pg and thibs' archaic offense.

At least with richardson, he has some ability to create his own shot.

Otto is the other guy i like, but that guy is spoonfed a lot of his looks and he isnt looking too hot when having to look for his offense. However, all the other things he does for the team is worth it in my books (better if we had a rubio type as our starting pg).

I do think we should give wiggs a little more offense to create, especially his drive and kick game; its the only pass i think he's pretty good at along with feeding the post.

I think Gordon is a better shot creator than you give him credit for. I mean if you are gonna compare him to Josh Richardson...Gordon scored 16ppg as a 20 year old rookie. Yeah Gordon isn't as athletic as he once was but he isn't just some guy that just stands around waiting to get the ball and jack up a 3. As good as Harden and Chris Paul are the guy averaged 18ppg last year.
Monster

Post by Monster »

lipoli390 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:FWIW Wolfson is saying the Houston offer was Knight Chriss and Nene plus the 4 picks. Nene has a player option so that means a possible 20 million plus to the payroll depending on what they wanted to do with Chriss's Option. If that was the offer that's easier to see them turning that down.

Wow, Thibodeau should be fired if he takes that deal. Oh, did I just say Thibodeau should be fired? :)

So are you giving Thibs credit for turning it down? I think you are coming over to Thibs side and you don't know it. ;)
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Anyone know if Wiggins or butler is playing tonight yet? I'm up $750 on football bets last night was thinking of letting it ride on the wolves to lose to the lakers. The wolves are favored by a point to win right now.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Jester1534 wrote:Anyone know if Wiggins or butler is playing tonight yet? I'm up $750 on football bets last night was thinking of letting it ride on the wolves to lose to the lakers. The wolves are favored by a point to win right now.

Wiggins is questionable and I don't think Butler is on the injury/illness report so my guess is he's playing.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:Anyone know if Wiggins or butler is playing tonight yet? I'm up $750 on football bets last night was thinking of letting it ride on the wolves to lose to the lakers. The wolves are favored by a point to win right now.

Wiggins is questionable and I don't think Butler is on the injury/illness report so my guess is he's playing.

I know the Wolves got blown up their last game but they have had some time to prepare for this game and...the lakers at best are middle of the road rebounding and 3 point shooting. The bucks were top 5 in both and are now #1 (most 3's made) in both of those categories. There might be better options.