NBA link to Kavanaugh debacle

General NBA News
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

NBA link to Kavanaugh debacle

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Some of you who watched the hearings last week may have noticed a very tall white man in the room. Turns out it's NBA journeyman center Chris Dudley, who was friends with the judge at Yale. The news today is Kavanaugh allegedly threw a beer in a guy's face in a New Haven bar, and it started a bar fight that involved Dudley.

Ok, not so interesting I guess. I'm just bored with the Butler waiting game and need to be entertained...
Monster

Re: NBA link to Kavanaugh debacle

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Some of you who watched the hearings last week may have noticed a very tall white man in the room. Turns out it's NBA journeyman center Chris Dudley, who was friends with the judge at Yale. The news today is Kavanaugh allegedly threw a beer in a guy's face in a New Haven bar, and it started a bar fight that involved Dudley.

Ok, not so interesting I guess. I'm just bored with the Butler waiting game and need to be entertained...

Well then you may like this one...

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/1046917726256750592?s=21

NBA connection: also allegedly involved was former Nets C Chris Dudley, a friend of Kavanaugh's at Yale. Once saw Dudley (career .458 FT) miss five FTs in a row on the same trip: miss, miss, lane violation, miss, lane violation, miss, lane violation, miss:

Ha, good find Monster. Yeah, Dudley was a terrible offensive basketball player. But in all fairness he managed to carve out a long career in the NBA by being an excellent defender and rebounder. I thought I had recognized him (and Alyssa Milano!) at the hearings, so it's good to get confirmation.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Getting in a bar fight before one's 25th birthday is kind of a rite of passage, isn't it? I once got in a bar fight, but it was the other guy that did the fighting (but I'm still counting it!). He cold cocked me and then he got kicked out of said bar. It was in the Edgewater neighborhood on the north side of Chicago - a small neighborhood place. One of the regulars there by the name of Mike North proceeded to give me a bunch of cash to not make trouble for the bar, probably because they ran a major bookie operation there. I had no plans to make any trouble, but I took the money anyway. He insisted!

Otherwise, I have no further value to add to this discussion....

Q12543 wrote:Getting in a bar fight before one's 25th birthday is kind of a rite of passage, isn't it? I once got in a bar fight, but it was the other guy that did the fighting (but I'm still counting it!). He cold cocked me and then he got kicked out of said bar. It was in the Edgewater neighborhood on the north side of Chicago - a small neighborhood place. One of the regulars there by the name of Mike North proceeded to give me a bunch of cash to not make trouble for the bar, probably because they ran a major bookie operation there. I had no plans to make any trouble, but I took the money anyway. He insisted!

Thank you for your honesty, Q...you still have the board's support when you get nominated to the Supreme Court!

longstrangetrip wrote:
Q12543 wrote:Getting in a bar fight before one's 25th birthday is kind of a rite of passage, isn't it? I once got in a bar fight, but it was the other guy that did the fighting (but I'm still counting it!). He cold cocked me and then he got kicked out of said bar. It was in the Edgewater neighborhood on the north side of Chicago - a small neighborhood place. One of the regulars there by the name of Mike North proceeded to give me a bunch of cash to not make trouble for the bar, probably because they ran a major bookie operation there. I had no plans to make any trouble, but I took the money anyway. He insisted!

Thank you for your honesty, Q...you still have the board's support when you get nominated to the Supreme Court!

Excellent...I just want to get all my past controversies out there now! Oh, I also put sand in my older sister's bed when I was 10 and she was 16....and I also once cheated on a high school chemistry exam. But otherwise my track record is spotless.

(You'll have to ask my Mom about my toddler years, as I know someone is bound to dig up some dirt there too, but I'd like to think of myself as a pretty damn mature 3-year old. I knew all the farm animal names by sight and sound PLUS I even shared my Fisher Price airport set with a friend one time).
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Excellent...I just want to get all my past controversies out there now! Oh, I also put sand in my older sister's bed when I was 10 and she was 16....and I also once cheated on a high school chemistry exam. But otherwise my track record is spotless.

(You'll have to ask my Mom about my toddler years, as I know someone is bound to dig up some dirt there too, but I'd like to think of myself as a pretty damn mature 3-year old. I knew all the farm animal names by sight and sound PLUS I even shared my Fisher Price airport set with a friend one time).

This is all very compelling. One last question though before I make my decision: How do you feel about calendars?

monsterpile wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

This is all very compelling. One last question though before I make my decision: How do you feel about calendars?

Well, I may get in trouble with my advisors by saying this, but what the heck....

First, I didn't even keep a calendar until I went to college (now there was the family calendar kept on the inside of door of one of our kitchen cabinets, but I swear that wasn't me playing bridge on Thursday nights). Up until that point, I just went where my Mom told me to go. So kind of like the toddler years, I really have to refer the FBI or whoever is investigating me to my Mom.

Second, when I did start keeping a calendar in college, I did everything in acronyms or abbreviations because there wasn't enough room to write everything down (this is before the Franklin Planner and way before Outlook). I just can't recall what most of those acronyms mean anymore! Sure, there are the obvious ones like "Bio101". Well, of course, that was my biology class! Or "HW" I know stood for homework time.

But for example, that one on most Thursday nights that said "$2 Ptchrs@SgtPrstns"....I mean, that is so inscrutable, who the hell knows what that was? Heh, surely none of my friends from back then remember or even care. Right? Right!?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
Q12543 wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Well, I may get in trouble with my advisors by saying this, but what the heck....

First, I didn't even keep a calendar until I went to college (now there was the family calendar kept on the inside of door of one of our kitchen cabinets, but I swear that wasn't me playing bridge on Thursday nights). Up until that point, I just went where my Mom told me to go. So kind of like the toddler years, I really have to refer the FBI or whoever is investigating me to my Mom.

Second, when I did start keeping a calendar in college, I did everything in acronyms or abbreviations because there wasn't enough room to write everything down (this is before the Franklin Planner and way before Outlook). I just can't recall what most of those acronyms mean anymore! Sure, there are the obvious ones like "Bio101". Well, of course, that was my biology class! Or "HW" I know stood for homework time.

But for example, that one on most Thursday nights that said "$2 Ptchrs@SgtPrstns"....I mean, that is so inscrutable, who the hell knows what that was? Heh, surely none of my friends from back then remember or even care. Right? Right!?

Q in all seriousness...this was a hilarious read. Thanks.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Just how old is Q?

$2 pitchers!!! Hell... I thought I was old for getting that $5 plastic cup for cheap beer all night at a few St. Paul joints. Q might have me beat.