Would u ...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Porckchop

Would u ...

Post by Porckchop »

Take Curry and Thompson over a 30 year old Lebron on this Wolves team?
TAFKASP

Re: Would u ...

Post by TAFKASP »

Would u, could u, in a bus?
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

I don't think the Golden State Warriors would trade Curry for LeBron straight up.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

TheSP wrote:Would u, could u, in a bus?

Isn't everything here hypothetical or subjective? I mean everyone here believes their opinions to be factual but it wasn't to long ago some on here would've taken Rubio over Curry. Even a year or two after that draft.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

mrhockey89 wrote:I don't think the Golden State Warriors would trade Curry for LeBron straight up.

they may or may not, but that would be madness IMO.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

PorkChop wrote:

Isn't everything here hypothetical or subjective? I mean everyone here believes their opinions to be factual but it wasn't to long ago some on here would've taken Rubio over Curry. Even a year or two after that draft.

If the Wolves could draft that over, they'd take Rubio at #5 again over Curry. That wasn't the problem...it was that we took Flynn at #6. Picking Rubio at #5 was important for the money slotting factor. The only other player you could even have argued with Curry instead of Rubio was DeRozan..and he was much more raw than Ricky...in fact, he was a SHOOTING guard that couldn't shoot.

The sad part is, a backcourt of Rubio and Curry could have not only worked, but been deadly
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

mrhockey89 wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

If the Wolves could draft that over, they'd take Rubio at #5 again over Curry. That wasn't the problem...it was that we took Flynn at #6. Picking Rubio at #5 was important for the money slotting factor. The only other player you could even have argued with Curry instead of Rubio was DeRozan..and he was much more raw than Ricky...in fact, he was a SHOOTING guard that couldn't shoot.

The sad part is, a backcourt of Rubio and Curry could have not only worked, but been deadly

That might be true, but there was a thread a year or two ago about who the best pgs in the league were and there were some on here up in arms that Curry was rated higher than our Rubio .
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

I don't understand the argument that since Ricky was projected higher than others it's acceptable but when it comes to the likes of Wes or Derek the organization's made a huge blunder. We'rent they the right pick at the time too?
Seems to me fans justify players that suit their agendas. IMHO
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

Curry didn't really explode in the league though his first couple years in the league. He was slowly taking over from Monta Ellis. Rubio didn't come over for 2 years, and Rubio did burst onto the scene his rookie year in the NBA if you recall. I remember being at Rubio's 1st game in a sold out Target Center against the Western Conference champion full strength OKC Thunder and Rubio being an absolute maestro as he torched the Thunder's defense left and right, only to come up short because of a missed call on a layup at the buzzer where the Thunder got away with a foul at the rim and won by 1. Kobe ended that great rookie season for Ricky.

Just going off memory bank though, didn't Curry come off an injury before he got paid? He's twice the player now he was back then.

I don't see why everyone tries to go out of their way to bash Rubio no this board. He's our best veteran player when he's healthy. His on/off court numbers are very revealing. Is it because he's our one trade asset that holds potentially significant value besides Wiggins or #1? I'd be careful what I wish for.
mrhockey89

Post by mrhockey89 »

PorkChop wrote:I don't understand the argument that since Ricky was projected higher than others it's acceptable but when it comes to the likes of Wes or Derek the organization's made a huge blunder. We'rent they the right pick at the time too?
Seems to me fans justify players that suit their agendas. IMHO

Who said they were the wrong picks at the time? Not me. In retrospect they were... I don't fault Kahn for either of those picks to be quite honest. Unless he wanted to deal with the headcase that is Cousins, he took the two obvious picks.

Kahn's major mess ups were
1) picking Flynn over Curry (literally giving us 2 pure PGs in back to back picks)
2) turning down Larry Bird's offer of #10 for Johnny Flynn (#10 was Paul George) after Flynn's rookie year in which Flynn not only got injured but was terrible even before injury.
3) Comparing Darko to Vlade probably wasn't the best move either