Other teams we're excited to watch

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
thedoper

Other teams we're excited to watch

Post by thedoper »

Now that the dust is starting to settle things are still moving around but there are a few teams emerging with some excitement. Of course we are at the top of that list, but other teams:

1. Orlando - Outside of the Wolves this team is so interesting to me. I am not sure they can play organized team ball, but every one on their roster seems to play with a huge competitive fire. Adding Hezonja was great for them. I think they will be fascinating TV, every night they may kill eachother or do something exciting.

2/3. The continued progress of Milwaukee and New Orleans. The Wolves are going to be right on their heels in two years.

4+ Who will rise and decline next year? Clearly with the Johnson news it seems the Griz are going to try to make a push over the top, I will be interested to see how they retool and which direction it pushes them. Will the Spurs get Aldridge? Could you imagine what that would do for them. How quick will the Lakers rebuild happen?

GS winning the title was absolutely great for the NBA and it was already rising. There really finally seems to be a chance for parity in this league. But now the cap is going to go through the roof, so we will see if that ends up going back to favor the big markets. Exciting times.
Coolbreeze44

Re: Other teams we're excited to watch

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

The premier market teams really have a chance to capitalize on the growth of the salary cap over the next 2 years. It's going to be like there is no cap for a couple years and it will allow some teams to make large jumps ahead. This is not good for the small - mid market clubs.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:The premier market teams really have a chance to capitalize on the growth of the salary cap over the next 2 years. It's going to be like there is no cap for a couple years and it will allow some teams to make large jumps ahead. This is not good for the small - mid market clubs.

It all comes down to who gets the big money in the end though because Brooklyn went HAM on big contracts and they have paid a hard price for that. Their team payroll wasn't that far off what the new cap will be and they were still a bottom 4 team in the East. Look at what the Knicks were in the early 2000's with the highest payroll in the league paid out to guys like Jamal Crawford.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

I'd be very excited if some of these teams in the East got better. I'm encouraged by the bucks, magic, and heat. Not sure if NY or Philly will be good in the next 5 years, but one can hope.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

BizarroJerry wrote:I'd be very excited if some of these teams in the East got better. I'm encouraged by the bucks, magic, and heat. Not sure if NY or Philly will be good in the next 5 years, but one can hope.

Good call on the Heat. They would be fun to watch. Dragic, winslow, whiteside, their vets.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I'm a homer, if the Minnesota team isn't on, or it's playoff time and they're already golfing then I've moved on for the most part. I'll admit I did watch some of the Cavs/Warriors series just to see if Lebron could carry the Cavs, but generally I just don't care.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

I don't see how a tem can be built solely on free agency. The Lakers need Russell and the Knicks need Porzingis to be stars if they want a renaissance. I still think the best teams are built through the draft. There is something to be said about chemistry that is built over the years.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

TRKO wrote:I don't see how a tem can be built solely on free agency. The Lakers need Russell and the Knicks need Porzingis to be stars if they want a renaissance. I still think the best teams are built through the draft. There is something to be said about chemistry that is built over the years.

Have you ever heard of the Heat?
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:
TRKO wrote:I don't see how a tem can be built solely on free agency. The Lakers need Russell and the Knicks need Porzingis to be stars if they want a renaissance. I still think the best teams are built through the draft. There is something to be said about chemistry that is built over the years.

If they hadn't had drafted Wade there would have been no LeBron or Bosh.
Monster

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:

The Heat wouldnt have been anything if they hadn't drafted Wade. I think the point is you still have draft one of your own stars. The Pistons is about the only championship team I can think of in the past 20 or more years that didn't draft one of their very top players although Prince was a very good player for them I think either Billups or Ben were their top guys. That was a very unusual team though as well all know.