Naz: D+
Naw: C
Shake: B-
Brown: C

Finch: B+
Crazysauce

Re: Kekgeek grades G10 vs Warriors

Post by Crazysauce »

Sorry but I don't think any players deserve an A after tonights debacle.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

KAT: A
Conley: A
Shake: B+
Rudy: B-
Kyle: B-
Ant: C
TB: C
Jaden: C
NAW: D
Naz: D
Finch: D
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Crazysauce wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:46 pm Sorry but I don't think any players deserve an A after tonights debacle.
They won.
worldK

Post by worldK »

Kat deserved the A tonight. He kept us in it all game and he led us in taking the lead in the 4th. This game also shows why you don’t trade Kat now. He is an elite level scorer and in nights like these were ant doesnt have it going, he can keep us close enough that we can steal a win in the 4th given our talent.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

There is a narrative that Ant "didn't have it going" that is less than the truth. The Warriors were sending 2 or more players at him the entire game. Kerr wasn't going to allow Ant to take over the game. I think Ant had a good game and played within himself for the most part. He made a few "youth inspired" pass attempts that lead to 5 turnovers, but he was 7-16 from the field, 3-6 from deep, had 4 reb, 4 assists, and 3 steals. He did fall asleep on a couple backdoor cuts, but that is something the Warriors do to everyone. Kat went 12-26 for the game. Very inefficient but he made the plays that were needed.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

DNatagal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:37 am There is a narrative that Ant "didn't have it going" that is less than the truth. The Warriors were sending 2 or more players at him the entire game. Kerr wasn't going to allow Ant to take over the game. I think Ant had a good game and played within himself for the most part. He made a few "youth inspired" pass attempts that lead to 5 turnovers, but he was 7-16 from the field, 3-6 from deep, had 4 reb, 4 assists, and 3 steals. He did fall asleep on a couple backdoor cuts, but that is something the Warriors do to everyone. Kat went 12-26 for the game. Very inefficient but he made the plays that were needed.
I think Ant was pretty solid also. He wasn't up to his standard for sure. BTW 7/16 is 43.75%. Kat was better 12/26 at 46.15% (not what I would say very inefficient). I think we expect more from Ant and less from Karl at this point and could be slightly skewed in the grades.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Love this new feature, Kek...thanks for initiating!

I see the D grades for Naz and don't agree. I give him a D on defense, but his efficient 10 points on only 5 shots kept us in the game. 44.2% 3-point shooting now on the year!
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

FNG wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:16 am Love this new feature, Kek...thanks for initiating!

I see the D grades for Naz and don't agree. I give him a D on defense, but his efficient 10 points on only 5 shots kept us in the game. 44.2% 3-point shooting now on the year!
So the reason I gave him a D+ was it was the old Naz on defense last night. Couldn’t contain the defender, struggled boxing out and then he fouled when he got beat. Then on offense he had a good first stint but after that he had butterfingers on offense.

Naz has been fantastic this year last night in my opinion was not his best
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:54 am
DNatagal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:37 am There is a narrative that Ant "didn't have it going" that is less than the truth. The Warriors were sending 2 or more players at him the entire game. Kerr wasn't going to allow Ant to take over the game. I think Ant had a good game and played within himself for the most part. He made a few "youth inspired" pass attempts that lead to 5 turnovers, but he was 7-16 from the field, 3-6 from deep, had 4 reb, 4 assists, and 3 steals. He did fall asleep on a couple backdoor cuts, but that is something the Warriors do to everyone. Kat went 12-26 for the game. Very inefficient but he made the plays that were needed.
I think Ant was pretty solid also. He wasn't up to his standard for sure. BTW 7/16 is 43.75%. Kat was better 12/26 at 46.15% (not what I would say very inefficient). I think we expect more from Ant and less from Karl at this point and could be slightly skewed in the grades.
This is where Ant gets punished a little bit because he is our star. I expect our star when the team is playing poorly unexpired basketball to pull the team out of the rut. He failed to do that last night. Kat carried. Ant was not great off ball Defending last night either. Now he is a star for a reason and helped close the game. I want to say I don’t think C grades are bad grades, he just could have been a lot better last night. Also you know Ant is a star when he puts up those numbers and I don’t think he played great