Twins all-star representative

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Twins all-star representative

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Can anybody come up with anyone other than Eduardo Nunez? He seems to be the clear choice. He's leading the team in BA, and is second in RBIs. He's up among the AL SS leaders in BA, HRs, RBIs and SBs too. He's gotta be the guy this year.

I'd like to see Park in the HR contest too. I think he could really put on a show.
Monster

Re: Twins all-star representative

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Can anybody come up with anyone other than Eduardo Nunez? He seems to be the clear choice. He's leading the team in BA, and is second in RBIs. He's up among the AL SS leaders in BA, HRs, RBIs and SBs too. He's gotta be the guy this year.

I'd like to see Park in the HR contest too. I think he could really put on a show.

Yeah if Nunez keeps this up he should be in there over anyone else. He has to cool off at some point though right? If that happens and Mauer gets back on track he could be considered.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Another question hit me after I posted. Who would you select as the Twins most valuable player so far this season?
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:Another question hit me after I posted. Who would you select as the Twins most valuable player so far this season?

Is none of the above an option?
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

monsterpile wrote:Another question hit me after I posted. Who would you select as the Twins most valuable player so far this season?

It's Nunez by a mile...tough to come up with anyone who's second. Nunez leads the team in BA, OPS, doubles and triples, is second in RBIs and SB's, and is up among the leaders in runs scored. Yes, he's not a good defensive player, but his offensive contributions are so far ahead of everyone else he is clearly MVP so far.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

longstrangetrip wrote:

It's Nunez by a mile...tough to come up with anyone who's second. Nunez leads the team in BA, OPS, doubles and triples, is second in RBIs and SB's, and is up among the leaders in runs scored. Yes, he's not a good defensive player, but his offensive contributions are so far ahead of everyone else he is clearly MVP so far.

Nunez is MVP, but I think with the new expanded pitching staff, Abad has a real chance of making the All-Star team.