Buxton thread #232

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Buxton thread #232

Post by Jester1534 »

Thought I start another thread but Buxton had been looking a lot better at the plate this time around. I know Plouffe said that he thought Buxton swing was more compact and quicker.

He's batting .462 with Slg of 1.078 and he's only striking out 25% of the time compared to 47% earlier in the season.

Also I just have to comment on this quote and this why I'm getting sick of Mollie. Mollie comes and says that he doesn't know why Byron hitting better is it because he's staying on the ball longer is he hitting more mistakes, but it's just a short sample size so will have to see where it goes. This is ludicrous to me the biggest problem with this Kid who is only 22 is his head and when you have he chance to pump him up, you give the lets hold on a second folks approach. Im not in that locker room everyday but I know everybody on this board has commented about Buxton mental anguish. For Pete sakes Mollie know your personal.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/02/minnesota-twins-byron-buxtons-power-surge-more-of-an-accident/
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Buxton thread #232

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I have not wanted to comment. I am worried it is a small sample size, but think he just needs to turn the corner. I had hope after being in the minors last time and tearing it up. I am hoping this time it takes. I think we brought him up early last year. He was coming off an injury the year before and didn't play long at AA.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

Jester1534 wrote:Thought I start another thread but Buxton had been looking a lot better at the plate this time around. I know Plouffe said that he thought Buxton swing was more compact and quicker.

He's batting .462 with Slg of 1.078 and he's only striking out 25% of the time compared to 47% earlier in the season.

Also I just have to comment on this quote and this why I'm getting sick of Mollie. Mollie comes and says that he doesn't know why Byron hitting better is it because he's staying on the ball longer is he hitting more mistakes, but it's just a short sample size so will have to see where it goes. This is ludicrous to me the biggest problem with this Kid who is only 22 is his head and when you have he chance to pump him up, you give the lets hold on a second folks approach. Im not in that locker room everyday but I know everybody on this board has commented about Buxton mental anguish. For Pete sakes Mollie know your personal.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/02/minnesota-twins-byron-buxtons-power-surge-more-of-an-accident/

Some would argue Molitor needs to know his personnel rather than his personal.

It started when he came back and was jumping on first or second pitches of the at-bat that were in the middle of the zone. Then when the adjustment came and teams were throwing the first pitch out of the zone, he held off. I am very encouraged.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
It started when he came back and was jumping on first or second pitches of the at-bat that were in the middle of the zone. Then when the adjustment came and teams were throwing the first pitch out of the zone, he held off. I am very encouraged.

Great point here.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Great point here.

Agree...Jason nailed it here. What I don't know yet (because of the small sample size) is whether he is doing this because he is recognizing pitches better, or whether he is just getting lucky. The fact that he is laying off that first pitch breaking ball tells me he might be starting to figure it out. Another 400 ft. HR tonight, and he scored and drove in half of our 4 runs. Like Jason, I'm encouraged.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:
JasonIsDaMan wrote:

Great point here.

Agree...Jason nailed it here. What I don't know yet (because of the small sample size) is whether he is doing this because he is recognizing pitches better, or whether he is just getting lucky. The fact that he is laying off that first pitch breaking ball tells me he might be starting to figure it out. Another 499 ft. HR tonight, and he scored and drove in half of our 4 runs. Like Jason, I'm encouraged.

Maybe he is doing what we all thought he was going to do months ago. who knows. I'm not really sure what anyone like Mollie is supposed to say. I'd imagine he is flummoxed as many fans are why Buxton has struggled. Obviously you still have to be there to support him and work on any things that need to be done but at this point it seems like lets just sit back and see what happens and what he can do. We all hope its coming together for him.