2019 NFL DRAFT

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

2019 NFL DRAFT

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Well it is that time of year again.

I went and ran through fanspeak to do a mock draft with Walters board.

I came away with this.
18: R1P18 LB DEVIN WHITE LSU
One of top Athlete's in the draft. Steps in for Barr

50: R2P18 TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA
Do it all TE. Block, catch, and RAC. Could replace Rudolph and pair up with him.

81: R3P17 C GARRETT BRADBURY NORTH CAROLINA ST
Addressing the OL with a smart player that doesn't make mistakes. Mobile and former TE. I could see him at center with Elfein moving to RG where he was a star in college or LG.

120: R4P18 G CONNOR MCGOVERN PENN STATE
At one point he was the second rated guard on some boards. Rated best pulling guard by some. He got tricked on twists and stunts but sold foundation to coach up.

192: R6P17 G MICHAEL JORDAN OHIO STATE
Another OL project. He has starter upside with some coaching. Left as true junior with Tackle size and more mauler. Footwork is an issue, but quick first step and started at center last year after 2 years at guard.

210: R6P35 RB BRYCE LOVE STANFORD
Horrible 2018 made him fall. Picking him up to see if he can get healthy and provide depth.

249: R7P33 WR JALEN HURD BAYLOR
Big 6'5" 230lb WR that played RB before transferring to Baylor as a Senior. Caught 65 balls, but still new to the position.

254: R7P38 WR ALEX WESLEY N COLORADO
Speed
TAFKASP

Re: 2019 NFL DRAFT

Post by TAFKASP »

Unless a couple of those OL picks are ready to be day 1 starters this would likely end poorly. They need to add a minimum of two quality starters to the line or nothing else is going to matter. It doesn't matter how great the defense is if the offense goes 3 and out most of the game, they'll get walked late in the game when they run out of energy.

Honestly, from my perspective they need to take the same route the Packers did years ago to shore up their secondary and draft a bunch of linemen. I wouldn't shed a tear if they used every single pick on linemen even knowing most wouldn't make the team. There is a far better chance of the offense being able to add 10 points per game than there is in improving the defense enough to reduce points against by the same amount!

SP - That is alot to ask out of a draft, but if that is the route we are going to go we really should consider trading down and getting as many picks in 2nd and 3rd round as possible.

Here is a writer's mock with same settings and trades.
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/15/18226571/minnesota-vikings-mock-v2-0-you-only-mock-twice-nfl-mock-draft

Garrett Bradley is a guy I like for the zone blocking we plan to do.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/06/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-garrett-bradbury/

Cody Ford is an OL guy I would want in first if someone doesn't fall that we can't pass up. He could play RT, but I would stick him at LG and leave him there. I love to see O'Neil take over LT this year, but Reiff didn't do well at RT for Lions. A line of Reiff-Ford-Bradbury-Elfein-O'Neil could be pretty sold.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/10/2019-nfl-draft-play-profile-cody-ford/

How do you like this?

18: R1P18 G CODY FORD OKLAHOMA
Starting LG in 2019 that could start in RT in future

50: R2P18 G CHRIS LINDSTROM BOSTON COLLEGE
Starting RG in 2019.

81: R3P17 TE ZACH GENTRY MICHIGAN
Added depth for TE position

120: R4P18 LB JOE GILES-HARRIS DUKE
Depth for LB. Could replace Barr in the future.

192: R6P17 WR DAMARKUS LODGE OLE MISS
Development WR with upside.

210: R6P35 S MALIK GANT MARSHALL
Special teams contributor that has experience covering slots.

249: R7P33 WR DARIUS SLAYTON AUBURN
The burner that is another upside WR.

254: R7P38 EDGE BOBBY OKEREKE STANFORD
Another depth LB that can cover TEs and RBs.
Monster

Post by Monster »

The draft is still 2 months away but is there any guy you just want on the team? I mean realistically but also it doesn't have to be a first or 2nd round guy either.

That is tough. T.J. Hockenson is a guy that I think would be a weapon for us on offense. He would be TE/FB guy. I like mauler type OL's, but Garrett Bradbury is a guy that fits as a zone blocker that is a former TE that I think would fit in with what we want to do on OL.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/02/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-t-j-hockenson/

T.J. Hockenson is one of the easiest/hardest evaluations of my season. Hockenson is terrifically balanced as a football player and it doesn't take more than a few reps to know he's an immediate starter at the NFL level with scheme diversity. The challenge for Hockenson's tape? Listing a weakness. Hockenson is comfortable in any number of roles, giving comfort that he'll be fine in WCO or vertical passing offenses alike. He's a scheme transcendent prospect.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/06/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-garrett-bradbury/

Bradbury came to NC State as a tight end recruit and leaves as an outstanding NFL interior offensive line prospect. His technical refinement and consistency is even more impressive considering the relative newness to his position. Given his lateral mobility and proven success in the Wolfpack's zone blocking run scheme, he projects most favorably to the same role in the NFL. Bradbury's range as a blocker will be major asset to him and his NFL offense. By year three, Bradburry has the upside to become a solid starter that is primed to sign a lucrative second contract.

I am not a Risner fan. I like Cody Ford more for sure and would go a different direction in round 1 if he is not there. Otherwise the mock below is pretty good to me.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/22/minnesota-vikings-pre-combine-7-round-mock/

Mitch Hyatt of Clemson is another mid or late round guy I would consider taking a flyer on in 5th or later..

Height: 6-5. Weight: 306.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2019): 4-6.
2/9/19: Hyatt was solid for Clemson, but he has limitations for the NFL. Team sources have not been impressed and do not feel that Hyatt has improved significantly from his play in 2017. Hyatt still needs to get stronger for the NFL.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Hyatt checks in at 6-foot-5, 306 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.10 seconds. His measurements include 34.25-inch arms, 10.5-inch hands, and a 82-inch wing span.

Hyatt had a disappointing season in 2017, getting pushed around regularly. Even undersized defensive ends had success winning with power against Hyatt. He clearly needs to get stronger for the NFL. Hyatt also has had problems with speed rushers, including the edge rushers from Miami in the ACC Championship. Prior to him announcing his return to Clemson, some team sources said they had graded Hyatt as a fourth-rounder for the 2018 NFL Draft and might drop his grade to Round 5. That being said, they noted the huge demand for tackles could cause a team to reach on Hyatt higher than where he belonged. Returning for his senior year to get stronger was a wise decision to help his draft grade.

Hyatt played well in 2016 and did his job to keep Deshaun Watson healthy. Hyatt had an impressive freshman season as the blind-side protector for Watson in 2015 as well. Not only did he help protect Watson, Hyatt did a nice job of opening holes for Wayne Gallman. Hyatt might be better suited to move inside and play guard as a pro.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OT.php#ixzz5gHyMH29T

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OT.php#IBQhXGp1SmUFE5Lv.99
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:That is tough. T.J. Hockenson is a guy that I think would be a weapon for us on offense. He would be TE/FB guy. I like mauler type OL's, but Garrett Bradbury is a guy that fits as a zone blocker that is a former TE that I think would fit in with what we want to do on OL.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/02/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-t-j-hockenson/

T.J. Hockenson is one of the easiest/hardest evaluations of my season. Hockenson is terrifically balanced as a football player and it doesn't take more than a few reps to know he's an immediate starter at the NFL level with scheme diversity. The challenge for Hockenson's tape? Listing a weakness. Hockenson is comfortable in any number of roles, giving comfort that he'll be fine in WCO or vertical passing offenses alike. He's a scheme transcendent prospect.

Bradbury came to NC State as a tight end recruit and leaves as an outstanding NFL interior offensive line prospect. His technical refinement and consistency is even more impressive considering the relative newness to his position. Given his lateral mobility and proven success in the Wolfpack's zone blocking run scheme, he projects most favorably to the same role in the NFL. Bradbury's range as a blocker will be major asset to him and his NFL offense. By year three, Bradburry has the upside to become a solid starter that is primed to sign a lucrative second contract.

"By year three, Bradburry has the upside to become a solid starter that is primed to sign a lucrative second contract." Whoa there draft analyst don't get too carried away!!!! Lol