Any Wild fans here?

A Place For Hockey Talk
TAFKASP

Any Wild fans here?

Post by TAFKASP »

It is amazing what a change in coaching and the addition of Eric Staal has done for this team! They're currently ranked 1st in goals against and 6th in goal for per game, this is an excellent hockey team! And all this without any significant contributions from Zach Parise!
Monster

Re: Any Wild fans here?

Post by Monster »

I saw on Twitter that the Wild was blowing some team out. I went and looked the box score of the game and then at the standings. So they are like good and stuff!? Tell me more.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Hockey is for people that can't cut it in Basketball, Football, Baseball, or figure skating.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Hockey is for people that can't cut it in Basketball, Football, Baseball, or figure skating.

I thought that was what Badminton was for.

In all seriousness I enjoy Badminton as my PE teacher in HS in North Dakota taught that sport. He had been a ranked HS player in Florida as a teenager and was pretty good at every sport.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Hockey is for people that can't cut it in Basketball, Football, Baseball, or figure skating.

Funny you say that, I was tall for my age and less than coordinated throughout my youth and was absolutely useless in terms of sports played on dry ground. For some reason when I put on ice skates and picked up a stick things changed, I was among the fasted in my age group while also one of the biggest, and I was pretty good, not great mind you, but useful! While I disagree with your assessment I also prove it, though a sample of one is far from fact! :D
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I was kidding. I was horrible at sports outside football, but my physical profile was built for hockey, but since my school didn't have I never played it. Closest I got was booty hockey game and bunch of kids from the local club played and they sucked.

I always did enjoy badminton in PE. Good call.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

As with most Minnesota fans I've been very reluctant to embrace the Wild's greatness. No more, this team rolls four lines each and every one has the ability to win games in the offensive zone and plays solid in the defensive zone, Dubs is playing as good as any goalie in the NHL and the defense has been its usual solid self.

Tonight against the Oilers the Wild got three goals from it's fourth line! In NBA terms that's like getting 20+ from Payne... or six made three pointers in one game from Rubio. :o

If this team can stay healthy there is no reason they shouldn't continue to push for the top spot in the Western Conference and be a favorite to... um, well, I'm not gonna say it. On the other hand if they hit a rash of key injuries and it all falls apart you can all point to this post as the tipping point that turned a great thing bad.

Edit: Just looking at the player stats on ESPN, Wild players hold 7 of the top 12 spots in terms of plus/minus! Washington with a team plus/minus only 1 goal less than the Wild has a grand total of 2 of the top 12, 3 of the top 13.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

TheSP wrote:As with most Minnesota fans I've been very reluctant to embrace the Wild's greatness. No more, this team rolls four lines each and every one has the ability to win games in the offensive zone and plays solid in the defensive zone, Dubs is playing as good as any goalie in the NHL and the defense has been its usual solid self.

Tonight against the Oilers the Wild got three goals from it's fourth line! In NBA terms that's like getting 20+ from Payne... or six made three pointers in one game from Rubio. :o

If this team can stay healthy there is no reason they shouldn't continue to push for the top spot in the Western Conference and be a favorite to... um, well, I'm not gonna say it. On the other hand if they hit a rash of key injuries and it all falls apart you can all point to this post as the tipping point that turned a great thing bad.

Edit: Just looking at the player stats on ESPN, Wild players hold 7 of the top 12 spots in terms of plus/minus! Washington with a team plus/minus only 1 goal less than the Wild has a grand total of 2 of the top 12, 3 of the top 13.

I'll live vicariously through you, sound good? You don't want me following the Wild, as that is a sure sign they will hit rock bottom!
Monster

Post by Monster »

The few years I actually watched hockey was partly because I loved watching Hasek and it was a really good time for goalies a bunch of guys were HOF goalies during that time. I was in college and played floor hockey (I really can't skate) and played a lot of goalie and I was pretty good. I may have to tune in just to see Dubs work. I was looking at the goalie stats last year when a guy I work with was talking about his Avs. The goalie stats weren't particularly impressive compared to what i remember from the late 90's and early 2000's. Looking at the stats so far Dubs looks like he has been very good.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

And there you have it, I say something nice about a Minnesota team and they proceeded to get blown out 5-1. Damn I suck.