Vikings 2019 Offseason Thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Vikings 2019 Offseason Thread

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

We restructured Eric Kendricks to sign Bradbury. Collins is healthy. I feel like some of these deals are mortgaging the future a bit. I am glad Rudolph will be here. I am not ready to start a rookie TE unless they went to school in Iowa.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:We restructured Eric Kendricks to sign Bradbury. Collins is healthy. I feel like some of these deals are mortgaging the future a bit. I am glad Rudolph will be here. I am not ready to start a rookie TE unless they went to school in Iowa.

There were so many options and Kendricks ended up being the guy. I think it's pretty clear Rudolph isn't going anywhere this year. I'd guess that to get Rudolph to agree to something it would have included a pretty good chunk of money beyond this year. I think they want to keep him long term but you want to keep your options open.

As for these deals mortgaging the future...it hasn't been that much money (except I guess Barr) and remember Cousins is only signed for a year beyond this one. That's just one spot that eventually could get them a bunch cap space in the future. If They want to keep Cousins beyond that contract...hopefully that's a good sign for his performance and i'll Be happy to deal with the cap ramifications that problem would bring. Cousins could also be willing to take some less money to help the team etc.

The number will grow when various guys get cut after training camp and before the season etc including some young guys but the Vikings right now have about 2.3 million in dead cap (guys that were cut and their money is dead this year) and most of that is from 1.8 million to Remmers. That's pretty good. The Vikings tend to take care of guys and it tends to help them get some wiggle room down the road. Again the one thing I have confidence in for this franchise that has basically a around a decade of evidence is their ability to make things work with the cap. People assumed they would have to trade someone or whatever to get cap space. Nope. Yawn If they end up with healthy and locked in guys at CB I could see some sort of trade involving Waynes...maybe or maybe they would rather just have him for the rest of the season and get a comp pick. It's not the worst strategy.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

You are likely right again. The cap in the NFL is tricky. I think you can carry cap space forward which is kind of cool when you go into rebuild mode. It should help you resign players when they come out of rookie contracts.

I wonder if Cousins would end up signing for less on his next contract. I think his value took a ding last year. It will be a very interesting offseason next year. Will Cousins be extended? What will we do with Wanyes? Who becomes cap causalities? The key players on this team are starting to leave their prime.

On the young guy front. Jalyn Holmes might be the surprise player for this team this year. I would love to see Collins or one of the young WRs do the same on offense.