Any Wild fans here?

A Place For Hockey Talk
Monster

Re: Any Wild fans here?

Post by Monster »

I watched most of the game today. I realize I just don't know hockey well enough right now to do much but watch it. I don't have much analysis. I'm just coming on and watching the playoffs but man I feel bad for the real fans of this team because this sucks.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:I watched most of the game today. I realize I just don't know hockey well enough right now to do much but watch it. I don't have much analysis. I'm just coming on and watching the playoffs but man I feel bad for the real fans of this team because this sucks.

Analysis. We kick the shit out of them in every category but the one that matters. The scoreboard. Typical Wild. Nobody steps up to score in the playoffs. The team still lacks stars needed to win playoff games. Everybody looks for the perfect play rather than than get pucks to the net and crash it. They make hockey look like the hardest sport ever while the other team just pounces on a handful of mistakes turning them into goals. Fletcher needs to go. The Hanzel trade just derailed the momentum of the season.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Is it over?
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:I watched most of the game today. I realize I just don't know hockey well enough right now to do much but watch it. I don't have much analysis. I'm just coming on and watching the playoffs but man I feel bad for the real fans of this team because this sucks.

Analysis. We kick the shit out of them in every category but the one that matters. The scoreboard. Typical Wild. Nobody steps up to score in the playoffs. The team still lacks stars needed to win playoff games. Everybody looks for the perfect play rather than than get pucks to the net and crash it. They make hockey look like the hardest sport ever while the other team just pounces on a handful of mistakes turning them into goals. Fletcher needs to go. The Hanzel trade just derailed the momentum of the season.

I agree with a lot of you analysis of how they are playing but I will also say there can be a difficult balance between just chucking what end up being meaningless shots and getting really good looks. I agree with you I t always bugs me when guys don't crash the net.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Wild look like the team I was expecting to see when I started watching these playoffs. Let's see if they can finish this one off and extend the series.

Well they finished it off and it was fun to watch. Hopefully they can keep it going.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I forgot to watch the game last night then I saw the score. It looked like an entertaining game except the outcome. Yuck
Monster

Post by Monster »

So what do you think of this latest trade? I didn't know Tyler Ennis also played hockey. Do you think he could be a factor in the Wolves PG situation?
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

monsterpile wrote:So what do you think of this latest trade? I didn't know Tyler Ennis also played hockey. Do you think he could be a factor in the Wolves PG situation?

The trade cleared cap space to sign Granlund and Nino and sign a lower level free agent or two. The reality is they gave up the better players in return for cap space. As for the Wolves, in years past I'd say yes, he could help, but now that they're a legit three headed monster the answer is definitely maybe!
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:So what do you think of this latest trade? I didn't know Tyler Ennis also played hockey. Do you think he could be a factor in the Wolves PG situation?

The trade cleared cap space to sign Granlund and Nino and sign a lower level free agent or two. The reality is they gave up the better players in return for cap space. As for the Wolves, in years past I'd say yes, he could help, but now that they're a legit three headed monster the answer is definitely maybe!

Those two were my least favorite "Wildmen", so I was disappointed to find (on further research) that it wasn't a total win, at least for this season.

Just sayin: Jagr was 3rd in pts and +/- on an average team. Just sayin'.