2018 around the league

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
TAFKASP

Re: 2018 around the league

Post by TAFKASP »

monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:If Jacksonville isn't on the phone scheduling a tryout they're even dumber than the Wolves front office! I don't know if Sam has any NFL QBing left in those knees, but if he has any he has more than Bortles! Jacksonville, much like the Vikings thought they had a Super Bowl ready team, but Bortles isn't the guy to get them there. If the Vikings aren't going to win it all I'd love to see Sam do so!

I hadn't thought about the Jags. Denver could get another ex-Viking QB. Giants backup got arrested this week and Shurmer is there. Plenty of options for a guy that already got paid almost 16 million. Lol

If he could just get behind a good line he has the arm and head to be great still. The biggest question beyond his knees is his heart, does he still have enough to compete after the beatings he's taken, both in terms of physical and mental in that he's been on so many average to flat out bad teams. Even his one nice year with teh Vikings he lacked a line and running game. What could have been?
Monster

Post by Monster »

TheSP wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
TheSP wrote:If Jacksonville isn't on the phone scheduling a tryout they're even dumber than the Wolves front office! I don't know if Sam has any NFL QBing left in those knees, but if he has any he has more than Bortles! Jacksonville, much like the Vikings thought they had a Super Bowl ready team, but Bortles isn't the guy to get them there. If the Vikings aren't going to win it all I'd love to see Sam do so!

I hadn't thought about the Jags. Denver could get another ex-Viking QB. Giants backup got arrested this week and Shurmer is there. Plenty of options for a guy that already got paid almost 16 million. Lol

If he could just get behind a good line he has the arm and head to be great still. The biggest question beyond his knees is his heart, does he still have enough to compete after the beatings he's taken, both in terms of physical and mental in that he's been on so many average to flat out bad teams. Even his one nice year with teh Vikings he lacked a line and running game. What could have been?

As far as I know the guy was healthy the Cardinals were just that bad and you also have to wonder about the coaching as well. I've always thought the guy could play someone might get a steal of deal with him...at least for a few games.

Edit: I sounds like the Vikings will lose a 3rd round comp pick because the cardinals released Bradford.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Patriots using Patterson at RB. He is looking good against the Packers.
Monster

Post by Monster »

There are some details (according to Floyd's Lawyer) about Floyd's procedure I had not heard before.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/05/sharrif-floyd-lawsuit-dr-james-andrews

I saw that too. I will be curious what it settles at. His production was pretty much the same as Sheldon Richardson. Certainly, he was no Aaron Donald.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

That Quenton Williams reminds me of watching Aaron Donald at Pitt. So quick, but with even bigger size. I remember wanting Donald. Sadly, we will probably be picking too late to get him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Kareem Hunt releases after the video becomes public. I'm honestly a little surprised. Guys with that much talent (he is also dirt cheap) tend to get the benefit of the doubt to some extent. KC saying he lied to them. What an idiot (for multiple reasons).

So dumb. I hope the Chiefs win the SuperBowl now. That would be a good story.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I mean I just don't believe TMZ had access to a video that an NFL team and the private investigators they can pay well couldn't get their hands on. You either didn't do your due diligence and just took him at his word because of what an investigation could find (looking the other way) or the you knew about it and only took action when it went public. The all mighty NFL getting scooped by TMZ multiple times now doesn't sit well with me. There's a lot of claimed ignorance being passed around this league and I don't think they are taking enough heat for it.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Here is the full video of Hunt doing an interview with ESPN. Curious what thoughts people have on it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7KQxvDiyc&feature=youtu.be