One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Wolvesfan21

Re: Week 3: Da Raiders

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:Cousins is back. .

That's a stretch! The running game and D carried the day today. Next week will be a huge test for Kirk!

True, but for what he was asked to do he was good. I'm not going to rip a guy for what he wasn't asked to do. I'm fairly realistic though, I don't think Kirk is a top 5 QB, nor top 10. I think he's about 12th. So to win, yeah, we are going to have to have a solid running game and defense. Look at these QB's who won SB's-

Trent Dilfer (yes he did)
Brad Johnson (was mediocre till he had the leagues best defense)
Eli Manning (was really never great, but he played clutch and got a bit lucky too)
Joe Flacco (played great for a few weeks, then back to normal)

Cousins could fit in this group.

If everything else falls right then I agree, Cousins could be our Dilfer. I just think suggesting Cousins is "back" after this game you would need to make the case that he had previously arrived. He is IMO a middle of the pack QB, and the only thing he truly excells at is cashing oversized paychecks! :)

Well he makes a lot but isn't even overpaid by much. Top QB's are going to get close to 40 million per after this season. Cousins in at 27.5? Also, Dilfer was a bad QB, his stats are horrendous for his career. I think Baltimore even let him go after winning the SB. Cousins also has better career stats then Eli and Flacco. YPA which you can't fake.

Cousins isn't even as close to bad as the National media make him out to be. Oh and he's ranked 7th in pay per year for QB's. Keep in mind many are on rookie deals, which would be optimal. I would have drafted Deshaun Watson a few years ago myself, which would be nice to have on a cheap deal.

Then we have QB's cheating by taking less than they should! Cousins really should be 9th. But Brees and Brady take 10+ million per year less so they can get rings.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:Cousins is back. It's funny how Schlereth is always a Vikings hater. Dude is always saying negative things about them. He starts out ripping Cousins for falling, then saying he did a good job, he always fumbles. lol

Dude is so whack.

Getting Schlereth on our broadcasts has been annoying. He's just not good. I'm to the point of watching the games muted because the F team they always assign us isn't good.

He does suck. I hate Jo Buck more though. The worst of all time was Jerry Glanville, I think that was 90's era. He was so annoying.

That was Schlereth? I remember years ago he was actually pretty good in studio. That dude was all like bash each other's heads in that's great! Sounds like I was fortunate to have the condensed game available so early. Other than the time savings not having to listen to the announcers is the next best thing.
Monster

Post by Monster »

It wasn't a perfect game but it was a good performance and the D played well without a couple guys. I'll take it.

A couple minor of things I am noticing is Ameer is really getting after it as a ST cover guy. Kris Boyd made a mistake with a block in the back but I like what I see out of him there too. I think he has a chance to be a good player.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:Cousins is back. .

That's a stretch! The running game and D carried the day today. Next week will be a huge test for Kirk!

True, but for what he was asked to do he was good. I'm not going to rip a guy for what he wasn't asked to do. I'm fairly realistic though, I don't think Kirk is a top 5 QB, nor top 10. I think he's about 12th. So to win, yeah, we are going to have to have a solid running game and defense. Look at these QB's who won SB's-

Trent Dilfer (yes he did)
Brad Johnson (was mediocre till he had the leagues best defense)
Eli Manning (was really never great, but he played clutch and got a bit lucky too)
Joe Flacco (played great for a few weeks, then back to normal)

Cousins could fit in this group.

If everything else falls right then I agree, Cousins could be our Dilfer. I just think suggesting Cousins is "back" after this game you would need to make the case that he had previously arrived. He is IMO a middle of the pack QB, and the only thing he truly excells at is cashing oversized paychecks! :)

Well he makes a lot but isn't even overpaid by much. Top QB's are going to get close to 40 million per after this season. Cousins in at 27.5? Also, Dilfer was a bad QB, his stats are horrendous for his career. I think Baltimore even let him go after winning the SB. Cousins also has better career stats then Eli and Flacco. YPA which you can't fake.

Cousins isn't even as close to bad as the National media make him out to be. Oh and he's ranked 7th in pay per year for QB's. Keep in mind many are on rookie deals, which would be optimal. I would have drafted Deshaun Watson a few years ago myself, which would be nice to have on a cheap deal.

Then we have QB's cheating by taking less than they should! Cousins really should be 9th. But Brees and Brady take 10+ million per year less so they can get rings.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

It feels like Cousins is sorta viewed kinda like people view Teague. Good player and/average starter making a healthy salary. If we had a guy doing what Cousins or Teague is doing that was on some bargain contract it would be like found money and everyone would be thrilled to have them. More salary should mean higher expectations but sometimes I think it gets a little unfair. Sometimes you do have to pay up for players. People complain when you pay to much and they complain when you go the bargain route. If we would have had someone of Cousins ilk when we had Ponder...we would have been a lot better.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Eric Wilson looked great yesterday. He has improved a ton since I first saw him in the preseason as a rookie.