One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Crazysauce

Welcome Coach Jim Harbaugh

Post by Crazysauce »

The new Coach of the minnesota vikings.
FNG

Re: Welcome Coach Jim Harbaugh

Post by FNG »

It certainly looks like it's leaning that way, crazysauce. Personally, I wouldn't like that choice...I've just never liked Harbaugh as a person, and would find it very difficult to accept him. I don't know where my dislike for the guy comes from, but every time he speaks, I have the same feeling. I guess we'll find out in the next couple days.
Monster

Post by Monster »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33203283/jim-harbaugh-tells-michigan-return-sources-say-minnesota-vikings-interview

Looks like he isn't the new coach after all but we will see. I wasn't cheering for him to get the job but there are aspects of getting him that make a ton of sense. I've had an affinity for him for some reason going back to his days as the Bears QB. I think there are some issues with him as a coach though and IMO it was a bit of a weird idea that he would be the head coach after all the stuff they said about collaborating etc. it just didn't seem like the fit they were going for (he does have a legit connection with Kwesi) but Harbaugh in some ways could seem like a heck of a hire. I think assuming Harbaugh doesn't get some sort of massive contract out of this it should be a little bit interesting that the Vikings got him for a 2nd interview.
At this point I'm more excited about a young duo of GM and front office at this point. Go all in on that. Lol
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

This reminds me of when Dave Joerger was given permission to interview for the Wolves job and it was a forgone conclusion that he would take/get the job. Bizarre. I'd still be interested to know what went down.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Guess they went with Kevin O'Connell, whom I know nothing about! That's probably a good thing. I knew nothing about Chris Finch either!
FNG

Post by FNG »

Q-was-here wrote:Guess they went with Kevin O'Connell, whom I know nothing about! That's probably a good thing. I knew nothing about Chris Finch either!

Never heard of him, but I like it! I hope that Finch guy pans out too...
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Harbaugh's resume as an NFL head coach is impressive. And I think he'll do well in his next gig.

But it's been made pretty clear that the Vikings wanted to take a much different approach after Zimmer... one that doesn't seem to fit Harbaugh very well.

Tough PR for him though. He leaves his college program in limbo... then gets shot down by an NFL team... only to see that team hire a super young, fast-rising guy without much of a longstanding resume...

... and then returns to college with his tail between his legs?
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Harbaugh's resume as an NFL head coach is impressive. And I think he'll do well in his next gig.

But it's been made pretty clear that the Vikings wanted to take a much different approach after Zimmer... one that doesn't seem to fit Harbaugh very well.

Tough PR for him though. He leaves his college program in limbo... then gets shot down by an NFL team... only to see that team hire a super young, fast-rising guy without much of a longstanding resume...

... and then returns to college with his tail between his legs?

I have a feeling he will be ok.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Q-was-here wrote:Guess they went with Kevin O'Connell, whom I know nothing about! That's probably a good thing. I knew nothing about Chris Finch either!

I watched him speak for about 15 minutes during a training camp Q and A. He seems very well spoken, intelligent and knows his stuff.

Wether he can do the things as a HC that matters remains to be seen. Can he hire a good staff, more importantly DC and OC. Manage the clock, TO's, challenges. Can he be a great leader and get the most out of the team. Can he also help evaluate players especially at the QB spot, find a Superstar QB. So many unknowns. We'll see.

I'm skeptical but most coaches fail, so we'll see.

I would have preferred Jim, he has a proven track record. Would have been a safe hire and likely outperform the mean. Now KOC could ultimately be better too, so wait and see.
FNG

Post by FNG »

Yeah, it's difficult to tell if this is a good hire or not...time will tell.

He was Chase Budinger's high school basketball teammate for two years, so there's that.