JDvikes...?

Discussion about general topics
Camden [enjin:6601484]

JDvikes...?

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Anybody else think it's just a little odd how JDvikes hasn't logged on in over a month? The site says he last logged on late November, but I don't think he's posted for several months now. Not a big deal if he just wanted to stop posting about Minnesota stuff. All fine and dandy if that's the case. Just think it's a little odd since he's the one that got this site going for us in the first place.

Lol I actually enjoyed his posts and tech-savvy mind as a part of this forum. Calling for JDvikes! Where are YOU!?
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Re: JDvikes...?

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Yes Cam it is odd. Like you said, he was the one that got us all over here from the old ESPN board and did a ton of legwork to get this thing up and running. And he provided valuable comments and inputs. Let's hope he's just taking a respite as a stressed out Minnesota sports fan. There is more to life of course! But if he just simply abandoned ship for no apparent reason, that's kind of poor form in my opinion when this is something he convinced us all to join....
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

Yeah sorry guys as I posted on the shout box, life got crazy for me (working 7days a week 12hr+ days) for a while there. Now things have settled down and am only putting in about 60-65 hr weeks haha. I have cleaned up the spam I found and have banned the users and ip's.

We must be doing something right to attract the spammers as I rarely have ever seen them on enjin forums.
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

JDvikes wrote:Yeah sorry guys as I posted on the shout box, life got crazy for me (working 7days a week 12hr+ days) for a while there. Now things have settled down and am only putting in about 60-65 hr weeks haha. I have cleaned up the spam I found and have banned the users and ip's.

We must be doing something right to attract the spammers as I rarely have ever seen them on enjin forums.

North Dakota?
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Good to have you back JD!
JDvikes [enjin:6536888]

Post by JDvikes [enjin:6536888] »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
JDvikes wrote:Yeah sorry guys as I posted on the shout box, life got crazy for me (working 7days a week 12hr+ days) for a while there. Now things have settled down and am only putting in about 60-65 hr weeks haha. I have cleaned up the spam I found and have banned the users and ip's.

North Dakota?

Not sure how the great state of North Dakota is a question, but if you are for some reason asking if that is where I live, I do not. I live in Mpls. Ty Q, I will try and pop in quite a bit more as well. These Wolves have been driving me crazy again this year, but damn that GS game was insane!
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I don't want to rattle anyone by bringing this thread back up, but I do appreciate this forum greatly for all the insightful discussions we have and I don't want us to lose it somehow. JDvikes, the site creator, hasn't posted on Enjin since August 16, 2014 and I guess hasn't logged in since October 23, 2014. We went all of 2015 without tech support and his know-how.

I guess what I'm saying is that I feel a little uneasy about the site's constructor being AWOL. It would truly be a disappointment if one day I went to post on this forum and it was no longer there.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:I don't want to rattle anyone by bringing this thread back up, but I do appreciate this forum greatly for all the insightful discussions we have and I don't want us to lose it somehow. JDvikes, the site creator, hasn't posted on Enjin since August 16, 2014 and I guess hasn't logged in since October 23, 2014. We went all of 2015 without tech support and his know-how.

I guess what I'm saying is that I feel a little uneasy about the site's constructor being AWOL. It would truly be a disappointment if one day I went to post on this forum and it was no longer there.

Cam we had a discussion a while back maybe it was when you were taking a break about worries the same as yours. I did look up enjin's site and it seemed pretty stable and all that. Maybe it is time someone tries to contact enjin and see if we could get some control of the site. I would think they would want the site to stay active they likely get a lot of good traffic but I don't know much to be honest except I am friends with a number of marketing creative types that care about some of this stuff.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

I went ahead and made a website Minnesotansports.enjin.com in case this one ever did shut down. I'm not the most active poster, but I do read here often. If for any reason this website was to shut down, we could definitely move posters over there and I could pass admin/site rights to whomever would be willing to monitor it/build it.

If anyone is currently interested in building it, let me know here. It would be nice to have a backup readily available.