Fantasy Football - PPR league question

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Fantasy Football - PPR league question

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Not sure how many of you play, but wanted to get some advice since I've had zero time to do any research and have a draft coming up.

It's a 12-team PPR league and I have the #2 pick in a snake draft. Curious to get inputs on who I should take with my first two picks. Thoughts?
Monster

Re: Fantasy Football - PPR league question

Post by Monster »

Q12543 wrote:Not sure how many of you play, but wanted to get some advice since I've had zero time to do any research and have a draft coming up.

It's a 12-team PPR league and I have the #2 pick in a snake draft. Curious to get inputs on who I should take with my first two picks. Thoughts?

I feel a bit clueless since I haven't played for a while. I haven't done a PPR league but is there a way you can look back and see exactly what scoring guys had the previous season? I always like doing that as opposed to the ranking/projection of whatever platform gives you. Sometimes those rankings aren't t based on the scoring that your league is going by. I'm trying hard to not care too much. Lol
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

It depends on the points for TD's. McCaffrey is the king of fantasy football in PPR but Lamar isn't far behind him if running TD's are 6 points and passing TD's 4 points (that gives Lamar a huge advantage over other QB's combined with his 1k rushing the others don't sniff). The rest of the QB's all tend to hover around the same points wise so I usually hold off until later (Kyler Murray is my sleeper this year with the addition of Hopkins). I would say McCaffrey, Lamar, Barkley, Elliot, Thomas would be my top 5. Then your second pick will be around 23. It depends on who's left but if there are any top PPR receivers left like Julio, Hopkins, either Tampa receiver or if RB's are already looking thin try to land another one like Eckler (another PPR god and new RB1 for LA), Aaron Jones, Chubb, etc. RB is always the weakest position in big leagues because there's only so many work horses any more and a lot of teams split reps nowadays so I would prioritize them first even if that means your first two picks, then if there are high PPR star WR's get them or if they are all gone get a QB guaranteed to rack up points.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:It depends on the points for TD's. McCaffrey is the king of fantasy football in PPR but Lamar isn't far behind him if running TD's are 6 points and passing TD's 4 points (that gives Lamar a huge advantage over other QB's combined with his 1k rushing the others don't sniff). The rest of the QB's all tend to hover around the same points wise so I usually hold off until later (Kyler Murray is my sleeper this year with the addition of Hopkins). I would say McCaffrey, Lamar, Barkley, Elliot, Thomas would be my top 5. Then your second pick will be around 23. It depends on who's left but if there are any top PPR receivers left like Julio, Hopkins, either Tampa receiver or if RB's are already looking thin try to land another one like Eckler (another PPR god and new RB1 for LA), Aaron Jones, Chubb, etc. RB is always the weakest position in big leagues because there's only so many work horses any more and a lot of teams split reps nowadays so I would prioritize them first even if that means your first two picks, then if there are high PPR star WR's get them or if they are all gone get a QB guaranteed to rack up points.

Kahns thanks for the reminder about Murray. There was an article a couple weeks ago that said a bunch of people around the league think he is gonna break out in a Lamar Jackson way...or maybe even more so. He put up some pretty good stats last year all things considered. Maybe I'll do something whacky and take him super high. I don't really care that much if I win but it would be something fun to talk about. Keep in mind the one time I won fantasy football Blake Bortles and Tyrod Taylor were my QBs down the stretch. Lol
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

I do a 12 man ppr auction league with qb super flex ( you'll never go back to snake once you do auction ) 17 years going. Wr depth is so deep you'd be crazy not to do rb, rb. I might consider Mahomes or Jackson with your second pic or third on the way back. If you can nab Barkley or McCaffery and get a sure fire starter like Carson or Ekeler on the way back and get Mahomes or Jackson coming back that would be highway robbery. If both Qbs are gone I'd expect a wr like Godwin, Thielen, Evans or OBJ available.

Jackson's numbers are bound to regress with an off season for defenses to study. But he'll still get rushing yards. ( Josh Allen is fantasy gold of you can get him late)
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Good stuff here, thanks guys. It's 6 points for rushing TDs and 4 pts for passing TDs.

Yeah, I took Jackson last year in the 12th round (!!) and he ended up being my best player. No one quite knew he'd break out like he did last year, but still, I'm surprised he lasted that long. Not the case this year, although I'm still probably going to avoid going with a QB in my first two picks.

My guess is McCaffery goes first, so I will probably take Barkley 2nd. My pick coming back will largely depend on who else has been taken, but I'm thinking seriously about Pork's advice of going RB, RB. I have almost always gone WR, RB or WR, WR in the past but a lot more backs are starting to be able to catch out of the backfield these days so may be RB/RB is the way to go in PPR.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Q12543 wrote:Good stuff here, thanks guys. It's 6 points for rushing TDs and 4 pts for passing TDs.

Yeah, I took Jackson last year in the 12th round (!!) and he ended up being my best player. No one quite knew he'd break out like he did last year, but still, I'm surprised he lasted that long. Not the case this year, although I'm still probably going to avoid going with a QB in my first two picks.

My guess is McCaffery goes first, so I will probably take Barkley 2nd. My pick coming back will largely depend on who else has been taken, but I'm thinking seriously about Pork's advice of going RB, RB. I have almost always gone WR, RB or WR, WR in the past but a lot more backs are starting to be able to catch out of the backfield these days so may be RB/RB is the way to go in PPR.

After the first 12 rbs go the well drys up real quick. Don't reach for a TE after the first two are gone either. Get your two backs or maybe three and start getting value with your Wrs. Matt Ryan is going late and he's gonna throw for 5000 yards and 30tds. You can get him and get a poor mans version of Jackson ( Josh Allen) a round or two later.
I'd focus on rbs that follow guys with injury concerns. And you can get them later, Love Dobbins backing up Ingram and Edwards behind Drake. Rookie Wrs have been doing great the last couple years and there's a few talented ones with opportunities this year. I'd focus on Jefferson, Reudy and Lamb later instead of falling in the trap of trusting ole vets that might produce more week to week but your only wanting your bench to come thru a week or two. I'd put my faith in Reudy one week over Crowder any day! Build your bench around Boom players!
Monster

Post by Monster »

Anyone have any offensive sleepers I should be considering picking up now that my draft is over? Mine is a 16 team league and to give you an idea of what I am working with I currently have Larry Fitz, JK Dobbins and Chris Thompson of the jags on my 3 spot bench. I picked up James Robinson the rookie RB for the Jags that is gonna start this week. I watched some college highlights of him he seems intriguing. I'm not taking this too seriously but if anyone is interested in talking fantasy I'm here for it.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

With that big of a league your only real sleeper routes are injury replacements. Just keep an eye on Schefter's twitter and when big names go down find their replacements and pick them up. Mattison for example is usually a good one because Cook has only been healthy once in the last 3 years.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:With that big of a league your only real sleeper routes are injury replacements. Just keep an eye on Schefter's twitter and when big names go down find their replacements and pick them up. Mattison for example is usually a good one because Cook has only been healthy once in the last 3 years.

Thanks for the advice. Mattison...I was thinking about picking him feeling like a bit of a homer and then he was gone. Probably was probably sooner than you would expect. FYI I had the first pick so it was a while to wait in between picks. Lol

I reunited Thielen and Diggs. What about picking up someone like Michael Pittman jr? With only 3 bench spots there are only so many spots to stash guys. I haven't been on Twitter much and it's been good for me but I'll be keeping up well enough to make some moves. Sometimes people drop guys that I'd rather have than the ones they get via waivers. I use my waiver claims judiciously.