9 current or former twins in the all star game

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

mauer, perkins, crain, nathan, ortiz, cuddyer, hunter, Gomez and jj hardy. I'm hearing a lot about this from friends and the espn board, I honestly find it a little annoying bashing the Twins for getting rid of all these guys, so ill go one by one and explain.

Ortiz with the Twins never could stay healthy, it's unfortunate that he had such a successful career but I have no doubt in mind he did roids who jumps from 12 Hrs to 20 then to 50 HR

Nathan I believe was 37 coming off of Tommy John when I'm pretty sure we have all star closer in glen Perkins no need to spend the money on Nathan plus Nathan post season track record.

Cuddy left to go play hitters ball park good for him but seriously do you really think he be projecting to hit over 40 home runs this year if he didnt play at Coors Field.

Gomez traded for Hardy but this guy had terrible plate discipline. I'm glad he figured it out because he's fun to watch play,but I was on the side that thought he just be a career .250 hitter with amazing Defense.

Torri Hunter I actually know Torri pretty well I play softball with Bobby Jackson (yes the basketball player) Cousin and Torii and Bobby are pretty close but I've meet Torii on several occasions and actually tried opening up a baseball school with him for inner city kids in Detroit and Chicago but he decided to go with RBI, but anyway Torii would've stayed but he said the Angles offered him 30 mil more and he couldnt refuse, we just couldn't compete with that. Remember we were still at the Dome.

JJ Hardy is the only one that bothers me on the pure fact we only got rid of him because of money right, well then we go spend 15 mil on Nishi makes no sense. Thanks Bill Smith

Yes our Owner is cheap but we've been a successful team with a cheap owner it can happen again, btw Crain no opinion he's a set up man but we also know his playoff performances too.

And yes I was really bored :)