RG

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

RG

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

If Samia is statistically the worst RG in football why is he still playing? Literally play anyone else and they statistically can't do worse than him. How is there nobody available to try at that spot? So sick of this shit. Elflein gets his ass kicked and then it takes an injury to take him out. Samia replaces him and is even worse. Fucking find someone Rick. Anyone.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Re: RG

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Of course the Vikings play a good game and somehow fuck it up. 2020!

Time for Zim and Rick to arrange their own transportation home.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I liked the aggressive play to go for it on that last 4th down to try and end the game but idk I may have just kicked the FG.

I only watched condensed games so I didn't look at Samoa's penalties Etc. FWIW the Vikings did rush for over 200 yards so something went right although I don't think Seattle's D is particularly good.

Meanwhile the Vikings D showed something in this game. Ultimately they weren't good enough but it was a pretty good performance against Wilson who has been putting up big time numbers so far this season.

I was fine with going for it and with the play call. Mattison missed the cut to the outside that would have sealed the game. They sold out to stop the run to the left and pretty much left Wagner on an island to stop a run to the right and Mattison just picked the wrong hole as he picked the non-existent one. He probably picks up a yard if Wagner has to tackle him on the outside on his hip rather than getting to stuff him with the end and Ham slowing him down in the non-existent hole. The part I'm not as ok with is the defense because Seattle went to DK every single play down the stretch and we continued to put 5'9 Mike Hughes on him in single man coverage and the eventual TD was a zone coverage handoff in the end zone. You just need to double him and make Moore or Lockett beat you.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Remember when people were so excited that Elfien wasn't gonna be playing anymore? Good times.

Vikings signed a physical freak DE from Washington's PS. They waived Hercules. I read somewhere that Lynch had passed him on the depth chart even before Hercules was hurt this last week. They could really use some punch on the DL.

Meanwhile I'm obsessing about the protecting of Chase McLaughlin on the PS. What's the end game there? This is the last week they can protect him. Bailey has a couple misses but they were a 40 something yarder and a 50 something yarder. It's not like he was missing easy kicks and he had a nice game this week. Are teams desperate for kickers? I haven't been paying close attention. I had forgotten how much McLaughlin had kicked last year. He was the kicker for 3 teams a total of 11 games and was plenty decent In terms of percentages all things considered.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Time to let Cleveland start at LG and move Dakota to RG. We know Dru is not the future there at this point.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Time to let Cleveland start at LG and move Dakota to RG. We know Dru is not the future there at this point.

Well...maybe it could get worse people were so happy when Elf got hurt...it's possible Cleveland simply isn't ready to play guard yet at this level. Wasn't part of his negatives is he wasn't strong enough yet? Wouldn't that be even worse playing guard than tackle? I'd guess the hope now would be that Elf is back at RG after the bye week so they aren't going to do some kind of shuffle before that if that's reasonably likely.

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Time to let Cleveland start at LG and move Dakota to RG. We know Dru is not the future there at this point.

Well...maybe it could get worse people were so happy when Elf got hurt...it's possible Cleveland simply isn't ready to play guard yet at this level. Wasn't part of his negatives is he wasn't strong enough yet? Wouldn't that be even worse playing guard than tackle? I'd guess the hope now would be that Elf is back at RG after the bye week so they aren't going to do some kind of shuffle before that if that's reasonably likely.

It's really hard to be as bad as Pat is on the line and yet Samia was worse. It's embarrassing more than anything that Rick can't find a guard better than those two and literally let one go over a couple million in the offseason.
Monster

Post by Monster »

khans2k5 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

It's really hard to be as bad as Pat is on the line and yet Samia was worse. It's embarrassing more than anything that Rick can't find a guard better than those two and literally let one go over a couple million in the offseason.

And yet Kline is still a FA...

FWIW people love to use PFF but apparently they don't like it when it comes to Elfien who was graded decent and actually higher than Kline was last season. I'm not saying Elf was good but it's interesting what some people will use as justification for their stance. I've started to have more skepticism about PFF the last year or so in general. Nobody is suggesting Samia is any good regardless of PFF grades. Lol