Who you got for New GM and Coach?

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Wolvesfan21

Who you got for New GM and Coach?

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Seasons over, regime is over. Trade Cook and Kirk if you can.

Time to start over. So who you got?
Monster

Re: Who you got for New GM and Coach?

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:Seasons over, regime is over. Trade Cook and Kirk if you can.

Sorry to break it to you but the Vikings are still easily in the playoff hunt.

To be clear I don't care that much about this team currently for the is season and in the future either.

Honestly I think you can do much worse than Spielman. New coach? Sure I'm game for that depending on how things play out the rest of the season especially on defense. I honestly think if you got the right coach (probably an offensive mind) with Spielman you could have something pretty good. Another reality to consider is that if Zimmer and the Vikings would have retained a consistent offensive coordinator that was good during Zimmer's time here that would have helped quite a bit. That matters for QBs for sure (just the whole offense in general) and it probably impacts Oline issues too.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

monsterpile wrote:

To be clear I don't care that much about this team currently for the is season and in the future either.

Honestly I think you can do much worse than Spielman. New coach? Sure I'm game for that depending on how things play out the rest of the season especially on defense. I honestly think if you got the right coach (probably an offensive mind) with Spielman you could have something pretty good. Another reality to consider is that if Zimmer and the Vikings would have retained a consistent offensive coordinator that was good during Zimmer's time here that would have helped quite a bit. That matters for QBs for sure (just the whole offense in general) and it probably impacts Oline issues too.

Rick sucks. He's a moron. He can't find a QB to save his life. Kirk he overpaid for him to come here. Doesn't count. Bridgewater, sure, but he got got hurt. Bradford trade? Was a bust. Ponder? lol

Rick can't draft a QB.

Is Rick the worst GM? I guess no BUT has he won a SB since being here since 2006? Nope. I don't give two shits about making the playoffs. This team is not winning a SB. That's what matters.

Zims specialty is defense and the defense has gone downhill to the point that it sucks. He's done, it's over.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Rick sucks. He's a moron. He can't find a QB to save his life. Kirk he overpaid for him to come here. Doesn't count. Bridgewater, sure, but he got got hurt. Bradford trade? Was a bust. Ponder? lol

Rick can't draft a QB.

Is Rick the worst GM? I guess no BUT has he won a SB since being here since 2006? Nope. I don't give two shits about making the playoffs. This team is not winning a SB. That's what matters.

Zims specialty is defense and the defense has gone downhill to the point that it sucks. He's done, it's over.

Here is an interesting stat to "Ponder". There has never been a team to win the Super Bowl that hasn't made the playoffs.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Rick can't draft a QB.

Here is an interesting stat to "Ponder". There has never been a team to win the Super Bowl that hasn't made the playoffs.

Vikings are 60-1 in Vegas if you have that much faith.

I think they should be 500-1.
FNG

Post by FNG »

monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Rick can't draft a QB.

Are you sure, monster? I'm going to have to fact check that ;-) .

I'm not the biggest Zim fan, but I'm giving him a pass on defense this year. No team is going to stop the run with their entire D line out.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Just remember you can always be a lions fan
Monster

Post by Monster »

FNG wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

Rick can't draft a QB.

Are you sure, monster? I'm going to have to fact check that ;-) .

I'm not the biggest Zim fan, but I'm giving him a pass on defense this year. No team is going to stop the run with their entire D line out.

I don't think they were stopping the run when they had the whole group healthy either. The problem now is whether they will be able to pressure the QB enough. Sheldon Richardson on the edge has looked surprisingly effective. The last few games I watch there is at least one guy on the d-line I have no clue who he is. Last game it was TJ Smith and he actually had some nice moments.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Jester1534 wrote:Just remember you can always be a lions fan

Is it really that much better to be a Vikings fan? Both teams have zero Super Bowl wins. Think about that.

Think about how hard it is to have never won a SB since it's inception as well.
FNG

Post by FNG »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:Just remember you can always be a lions fan

Is it really that much better to be a Vikings fan? Both teams have zero Super Bowl wins. Think about that.

Think about how hard it is to have never won a SB since it's inception as well.

But at least we've been to the big game before, WF...4 more times than the Lions. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, right?

And then there's our 79-39 record against them. 80-39 by the time the sun sets Sunday, baby!